[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Zack Moss out.

Dcat

On 9/12/2021 at 11:48 AM, gilthorp said:

This tells you all need to know about Moss.

Meaning?  I need to drop someone in my dynasty league and without getting to see him week 1 it's hard to know if I should keep him around for a while.

19 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

Meaning?  I need to drop someone in my dynasty league and without getting to see him week 1 it's hard to know if I should keep him around for a while.

Information on why Moss was a healthy scratch is limited, when asked about it Coach McDermott said "numbers just numbers". 

3 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

I would not drop Moss in a dynasty league, assuming you have the available roster spots and contract space.  Singletary is not an every-down back.  Moss will get a chance.

23 hours ago, darin3 said:

I would not drop Moss in a dynasty league, assuming you have the available roster spots and contract space.  Singletary is not an every-down back.  Moss will get a chance.

I have a bunch of guys with modest floors but low ceilings so I need to make room to pick up prospects.  Zach Moss, Joshua Palmer, and Amari Rodgers are all on the possible drop list as are Hunter Henry and Mike Gesicki, assuming Pitts actually picks up speed.  I have a nasty habit of dropping 2nd or 3rd year guys and then they break out mid season, which is why I asked.

4 hours ago, squirrelmastr21 said:

What if he’s inactive week 2?

Well I'm not Nostradamus, just a gut feeling.  I've been on the losing end of these types of overreactions far too many times and this one has the same feel.  I'd give him till AFTER week 3, but again, this is just one of those take the bait kinda moves I'm not biting on yet.  

I wonder if the extra game each team will play this year is playing a role in some of these decisions. I agree it is odd an odd situation and muddies the water. 

It seems some like Sermon were almost certainly inactive due to not playing special teams, and needing those bodies more than a 4th RB. With Mostert out, he should be active. But Zack Moss was the clear #2 to Singletary, and maybe even taking over. 

The guys who wrote the linked article below think it is too early to drop Moss, and also say him being inactive is probably no big deal, considering the local coverage of Bills.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/fantasy/news/fantasy-updates-should-you-drop-brandon-aiyuk-trey-sermon-zack-moss/1flm5mlhgby5m1i2kohv7f3zht

1 hour ago, squirrelmastr21 said:

I dropped Moss. I had to assume that Singletary and Breida are the 1/2. No reason to prolong dropping him.

Breida did absolutely nothing. I'm not certain I would count out Moss just yet. I also dropped Moss, but that was because I wanted Sterling Shepard, Moss was the odd man out and I figured he'd be easiest to pick back up later. I still think that it won't be long before Moss is back in the mix with a decent chance to supplant Singletary as the primary ball carrier.

5 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

Rajn...that OL in Buff ain't great.

Not really the point if you're in need of a RB and trying to decide if Moss will be a bust or not. Singletary was able to manage 72 yards on 11 carries, which tells me that there are points to be had if Buffalo manages keep a close game. With the theory being Moss is an every down back whereas Singletary is not, I think it stands to reason he'd get the lions' share once he's back on the field and I see no reason why he won't be.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Not really the point if you're in need of a RB and trying to decide if Moss will be a bust or not. Singletary was able to manage 72 yards on 11 carries, which tells me that there are points to be had if Buffalo manages keep a close game. With the theory being Moss is an every down back whereas Singletary is not, I think it stands to reason he'd get the lions' share once he's back on the field and I see no reason why he won't be.

there will be many games where Josh Allen's running stats are better than both of theirs.  Starting with week 1 last week.  Buffalo backfield is an uncomfortable place for fantasy GMs for sure.  I've got both of them scattered around a few leagues and it sucks for now.

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

there will be many games where Josh Allen's running stats are better than both of theirs.  Starting with week 1 last week.  Buffalo backfield is an uncomfortable place for fantasy GMs for sure.  I've got both of them scattered around a few leagues and it sucks for now.

That's all true but more and more teams have QBs who run it some, and can eat into the rushing stats. Unless the league is very small (less than 12 team, or real short bench) the starting RBs on those teams are worth a roster spot. Look at how people were jumping to sign Ty'Son Williams, and Lamar takes a larger share of rushing attempts than Allen (though BAL also runs more). 

If Moss were dropped in my league he'd be snatched up instantly. (12 teams * 18 roster spots, and a keeper/dynasty where young players have more value). Clearly many are not high on Moss, one rest of season ranking I'm looking at he's 69th, not even 10 spots ahead of my current bottom RB Rashaad Penny , who is dinged up and has no chance of unseating starter Carson. But Matt Breida is 13 spots ahead of Moss? Breida is on waivers, Moss is not (maybe keeper league related). 

I'd drop Penny for Moss in a heartbeat, and only have Penny as a bit of handcuff to Carson. He was my last draft pick and most likely player to get dropped when I need to add somebody. 

6 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

That's all true but more and more teams have QBs who run it some, and can eat into the rushing stats. Unless the league is very small (less than 12 team, or real short bench) the starting RBs on those teams are worth a roster spot. Look at how people were jumping to sign Ty'Son Williams, and Lamar takes a larger share of rushing attempts than Allen (though BAL also runs more). 

If Moss were dropped in my league he'd be snatched up instantly. (12 teams * 18 roster spots, and a keeper/dynasty where young players have more value). Clearly many are not high on Moss, one rest of season ranking I'm looking at he's 69th, not even 10 spots ahead of my current bottom RB Rashaad Penny , who is dinged up and has no chance of unseating starter Carson. But Matt Breida is 13 spots ahead of Moss? Breida is on waivers, Moss is not (maybe keeper league related). 

I'd drop Penny for Moss in a heartbeat, and only have Penny as a bit of handcuff to Carson. He was my last draft pick and most likely player to get dropped when I need to add somebody. 

Everything is relative to league size & requirements. My league for instance is only 10 teams, however they require starting 2 RBs which makes them a premium and puts Moss as a borderline rosterable player.

• Like 1

Moss can't seem to stay healthy. He's had multiple injuries dating back to college. He's talented but once again availability is crucial. Not sure what's.behind He's scratch for this week whether it's a personal issue or who knows what. It's still the same. He can't stay healthy. That leaves Singletary.and he doesn't scare anyone either. Buffalo's running game or the lack of a running game will be their downfall this year. I had hopes they.could make a SB run.bit with no running game their chances are less than average.