Sign in to follow this  
turbinator

Devonta Freeman signed to Balt active roster

Not much tread left on those tires, I'm afraid.  I'd be more interested if they signed Frank Gore, honestly.  

Woof, he was not good in New Orleans training camp. This is a desperation move IMO.

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

So Latavius Murray >> Devonta Freeman >> LeVeon Bell

Tony Jones >> Latavius Murray >> Dumpster Fire >> Devonta Freeman >> LeVeon Bell  :weird:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

Tony Jones >> Latavius Murray >> Dumpster Fire >> Devonta Freeman >> LeVeon Bell  :weird:

While I dont disagree, I wonder if NOS will be trading Tony to find out i f we are right.  

Just now, FinishTheDrill said:

While I dont disagree, I wonder if NOS will be trading Tony to find out i f we are right.  

Why would they do that? They have him on a very budget friendly rookie contract, he's playing at a better level than Murray was and he's already familiar in the system. 

3 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Why would they do that? They have him on a very budget friendly rookie contract, he's playing at a better level than Murray was and he's already familiar in the system. 

I was being facetious.  I thought you were listing Balt rb's and goofed and wrote tony instead of Ty Williams.  

2 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

I was being facetious.  I thought you were listing Balt rb's and goofed and wrote tony instead of Ty Williams. 

I included Tony because the Saints cut both Freeman and Murray in favor of Tony, partly because he'd outplayed them both in camp. 

Just now, rajncajn said:

I included Tony because the Saints cut both Freeman and Murray in favor of Tony, partly because he'd outplayed them both in camp. 

Got it.  

Freeman bumped to the active roster. 

• Confused 1

Murray will get more playing time than both Freeman and Bell will get combined. Freeman and Bellay be nothing more than a.coiple of spot carries and.goal line opportunities. From here on out I can see a 50/50 split between Murray and Williams unless Ty'son goes off and then Harbaugh will have to give him the bigger workload. Williams has youth over Murray but Murray wants to prove he still has some gas left in the tank to prove the Saints wrong for letting him walk. Baltimore's run game doesn't look all that good right now and Lamar will be their leading rusher. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

I doubt he'll be on the gameday roster though. They're in bad shape if he's needed. 

He's now the third healthy RB on the active roster (behind TySon & Murray), they released the third RB from last weeks game Trenton Cannon (signed off waivers by the 49ers). So I'm pretty sure he'll be on the game day roster, because most NFL teams have 3 RBs ready to go in the game. 

2 hours ago, Docniner said:

Murray will get more playing time than both Freeman and Bell will get combined. Freeman and Bellay be nothing more than a.coiple of spot carries and.goal line opportunities. From here on out I can see a 50/50 split between Murray and Williams unless Ty'son goes off and then Harbaugh will have to give him the bigger workload. Williams has youth over Murray but Murray wants to prove he still has some gas left in the tank to prove the Saints wrong for letting him walk. Baltimore's run game doesn't look all that good right now and Lamar will be their leading rusher. 

Even if Murray's still got wheels It was the right decision to let him go. His playing time would have diminished greatly and he'd be happier where he would be on the field more.