[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 2 Bold Predictions

Shaft

:thinking:

Mike Evans will get 100 yards and multiple TDs.

Aaron Rodgers makes up for manure game last week and goes for over 300 yards and 4tds.

Matthew Stafford continues his solid start with another 300 yard game and multiple TDs.

Jalen Hurts continues to shine in the passing and running game.

My week 3 prediction:

The taunting penalty will be criticized heavily throughout the year.  The one today against DJ Reed was ridiculous.  

Last year the NFL decided to give more leeway for celebrations.  This year if you make a good play and fist pump it is a 15 yard penalty.  Pick a lane and stop being stupid.

Edited by Bobby Brown

2 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

My week 3 prediction:

The taunting penalty will be criticized heavily throughout the year.  The one today against DJ Reed was ridiculous.  

Last year the NFL decided to give more leeway for celebrations.  This year if you make a good play and fist pump it is a 15 yard penalty.  Pick a lane and stop being stupid.

This.

12 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

My week 3 prediction:

Yep there was one on a Texans player for something that is usually nothing. "Its a point of emphasis" which means for a few weeks they'll nitpick it and call any little thing, and after that it will go back to the way it was before. 

On 9/19/2021 at 6:21 PM, Bobby Brown said:

My week 3 prediction:

I have no problem with the rule, but the interpretation has been brutal so far.  It's supposed to be a taunting penalty, not a celebration penalty.  I've seen too many times already where a player is penalized for shouting, flexing, or whatever, even though it didn't appear that they did so in the direction of anybody in particular.  That's not taunting.  Lame.  

• Thanks 1

On 9/18/2021 at 7:17 PM, gilthorp said:

Dallas will be the best 0-2 team in the history of the NFL after tomorrow.

Burrow 350 and 4 tuddies.

The Raiders upset the Steelers.

Pitts scores his first TD.

Julio goes 100 and 1.

Just the fact that you called the Raiders winning is enough to give you props in my book.  :bow:

On 9/18/2021 at 6:05 PM, heehawks said:

Metcalf catches 3 TDs

Nope.

On 9/18/2021 at 5:21 PM, League_Champion said:

Callaway busts out for 7 catches 120+ and 1 TD.

Ty'Son Williams goes for 100+ and at least 1 TD. 

Jameis goes for 300+, 3 TDs and ZERO TURNOVERS again! 

Brutal.

On 9/18/2021 at 5:07 PM, Shaft said:

:thinking:

Mike Evans will get 100 yards and multiple TDs.

Aaron Rodgers makes up for manure game last week and goes for over 300 yards and 4tds.

Matthew Stafford continues his solid start with another 300 yard game and multiple TDs.

Jalen Hurts continues to shine in the passing and running game.

Overall, not bad, but how is the last one a bold prediction?  :lol:  I'm not even sure the Rodgers one is very bold... that sounds about average for him against DET.  

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Gopher said:

I have no problem with the rule, but the interpretation has been brutal so far.  It's supposed to be a taunting penalty, not a celebration penalty.  I've seen too many times already where a player is penalized for shouting, flexing, or whatever, even though it didn't appear that they did so in the direction of anybody in particular.  That's not taunting.  Lame.  

Agree I hate the taunting where a guy stands over another and celebrates, shouts at him and dances over him. That is the stuff I want gone, because eventually guys are going to start attacking each other over this stuff. Don't need brawls in my sports. 

I am starting to wonder if people who claim the games are fixed and refs are part of it are not right. Hey don't want team X to win, just call a bunch of extra taunting penalties anytime they celebrate within 50 feet of their opponent. I mean how many times to guys get up after a play, drop the ball, make the first down motion or do something else while their opponents are close by. 

I do have a feeling that in a few weeks this will subside, far fewer calls will be made, the game play will be similar to the past, with a bit less taunting and probably less celebrating in general. 

The only positive rule change I heard about was week 1, think it was SNF or MNF game, they had some bad call on the field, and it was quickly corrected by the people in NY without a long delay to have official review. And the team that almost got screwed did not need to waste a challenge to fix it. The announcers mentioned it being a new rule (pretty sure it was SNF because Al & Chris are better with that stuff). Last night there was a throw that was initially ruled an interception by two officials close to the play, and the ref quickly announced it was "ruling on the field was incomplete", good because that would have been a waste of time to do official review. I want to see more of that, correct the really obvious mistakes, without wasting a lot of time or requiring a coach to challenge. 

1 hour ago, Gopher said:

I think we may need to revisit the definition of a "bold" prediction versus simply a prediction.  :shrug: 

:lol: That's fair enough. We can have fun with this for week 3. I'll put definitions in the description. :lol: