[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pat Freiermuth

texanhooters

I had a serious man crush on Mike Gesicki when he was a rookie a few years ago. My gut was sure this Rookie was going to kill it out of the gate. He had some really nice games last year but my rookie dream was dead. Now my gut tells me if the Steelers offense gets their s*** together Pat Freiermuth could really shine as a rookie. He has good size, frame, strength, great reaching ability with sure hands.  There are many mouths to feed this offense that much is certain. I do believe he will see more attention in the weeks to come. Perhaps for a quick outlet because their offensive line is in tatters at the moment. He could be a great safety outlet that roethlisberger can and should come to trust. I really do like this kid... Okay I think I pumped him up enough... Please don't  Gesicki me !😤

Edited by texanhooters

Freiermuth has a lot of talent and the Steelers want him to be a receiver, but the offense is never going to use the position for a ton of catches with 4 good WR currently. The scheme just doesn't use TE that way. But he can become a red zone, TD stealing receiver

As DMD said the scheme the Steeelers run just doesn't lend to big production from the TE position. They have other mouths to feed in their WR group and the RB position with rookie Najee Harris. Harris will become a more focal point as the season progresses. However, I DO think Freiertucks's  usage in the redzone will increase as the season  goes along. He just doesn't drop passes and I think Big Ben will target him.frequently in the redzone. I also think he'll have more tds this year than highly touted rookie TE Kyle Pitts. Still, I don't think you can use Freiermuth as a weekly start. You can use him if you have an expanded starting lineup and/or multiple TE or flex spots. I.don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that he scores at least 5 tds this year. It's only week two and he will get better and could overtake Ebron.