[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Clyde Edwards Helaire - Not gonna happen is it?

Bedo

I told myself I was not going to take CEH if he was available 3rd round at #26 in my 12 team but I did for what we reason….

Is it really him or is it that the Chiefs are not going to be a running team ever?  Andy Reid has had some great backs before and used them in the receiving game a bunch.  not one single catch for CEH last night.

Will he wake up at all this season or is this going to be last season all over again?

I think CEH will be fine, and people are panicking early. Not sure what kind of numbers people were expecting from him this year. Last season as a rookie in 13 games he did 181-803-4 & 36-297-1  about 220 touches, 1100 yards and 5 TDs in 13 games, or on average about 17-85-0.4 per game. So far in 2 games he's got 30 touches, but only 120 yards so that is down and no TDs (should be almost 1). Touches are only down a bit, but production is lower. 

I think the longer passes to WR and Kelce were open more, so they didn't need to check down to CEH as much. He was only on the field for 65% of the plays, Williams with 27%, McKinnon just 4 plays (8%). Contrast that with Hardman(78%) Kelce(86) and Hill(98). 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bedo said:

I told myself I was not going to take CEH if he was available 3rd round at #26 in my 12 team but I did for what we reason….

Is it really him or is it that the Chiefs are not going to be a running team ever?  Andy Reid has had some great backs before and used them in the receiving game a bunch.  not one single catch for CEH last night.

Will he wake up at all this season or is this going to be last season all over again?

I share your concern.  Took CEH at 3.2 in high stakes as my RB1.  I was enamored by visions of him being a top 3 back.  Saw a tweet yesterday:

"I've been diagnosed with CEH.  It's where I have the RB1 on the top scoring offense in the NFL but don't get any points.  Side effects include losing my f*&cking sh*t." 

• Haha 5

Just now, Bobby Brown said:

I share your concern.  Took CEH at 3.2 in high stakes as my RB1.  I was enamored by visions of him being a top 3 back.  Saw a tweet yesterday:

"I've been diagnosed with CEH.  It's where I have the RB1 on the top scoring offense in the NFL but don't get any points.  Side effects include losing my f*&cking sh*t." 

That's some funny sh*t. I needed a few points to win my game yesterday in my high stakes league and I lost by less than a point. My starting RBs were Kamara and CEH. :kicksrock:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobby Brown said:

If CEH had a legit shot at being a top 3 back would he have lasted until pick 3.2 ?  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Shaft said:

That's some funny sh*t. I needed a few points to win my game yesterday in my high stakes league and I lost by less than a point. My starting RBs were Kamara and CEH. :kicksrock:

Ouch.

I'm sure we can both agree that Kamara will bounce back. I think the Saints just had a major letdown after the Packers game

As a whole, there is going to continue to be less and less consistency from 90% of the RB's in the league. CEH is not alone in this regard.

I think CMC and Henry, probably Chubb may be the main 3 who are most consistent. Maybe guys like Carson and Ekeler close to consistent. Kamara and Zeke, for different reasons, they may not be worth their draft status...same goes for Taylor and Harris.

I'm sure the Tyreek Hill owners aren't in a panic after last night, but the CEH owners should be. 

29 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

If CEH had a legit shot at being a top 3 back would he have lasted until pick 3.2 ?  

The NFL has a history of running backs that have made a huge leap in their 2nd season after a shaky or mediocre rookie season.  Off the top of my head..Shaun Alexander, Steven Jackson, Deuce McAllister and Larry Johnson did that (I think) and were fantasy MVPs.  So yea, you can get top 3 position players outside of Round 2.  CEH seemingly had everything working for him in his situation.  But now you have to question the talent and inexplicable lack of involvement in the passing game.

• Like 1

I am on the pessimistic side for CEH, I haven't seen as much game action as some of you, but Mahomes doesn't seem to look for him and plays aren't designed for him. A key fumble that ends the game, lackluster performance...other RB's getting some work, not a goal line back, supposed improved OL but not doing anything, high scoring games and little for him.  All of it is not encouraging to me. Sure maybe a few bad games but that's a lot of headwinds. 

36 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I am on the pessimistic side for CEH, I haven't seen as much game action as some of you, but Mahomes doesn't seem to look for him and plays aren't designed for him. A key fumble that ends the game, lackluster performance...other RB's getting some work, not a goal line back, supposed improved OL but not doing anything, high scoring games and little for him.  All of it is not encouraging to me. Sure maybe a few bad games but that's a lot of headwinds. 

This.  I would feel way more comfortable with him as a high-end RB2 rather than a low-end RB1.  Unfortunately you needed to spend RB1 capital on getting him in most cases.

I own him in a dynasty league where I'm 0-2 and have already decided to rebuild.  Having him as my RB1 (lost Dobbins) is just not going to cut it.  Plus, I got a killer deal for Kittle and just had to bite.  Oh well, better luck next year.  I am loaded up on 1st round picks so I'll be back.

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I think CEH will be fine, and people are panicking early. Not sure what kind of numbers people were expecting from him this year. Last season as a rookie in 13 games he did 181-803-4 & 36-297-1  about 220 touches, 1100 yards and 5 TDs in 13 games, or on average about 17-85-0.4 per game. So far in 2 games he's got 30 touches, but only 120 yards so that is down and no TDs (should be almost 1). Touches are only down a bit, but production is lower. 

I think the longer passes to WR and Kelce were open more, so they didn't need to check down to CEH as much. He was only on the field for 65% of the plays, Williams with 27%, McKinnon just 4 plays (8%). Contrast that with Hardman(78%) Kelce(86) and Hill(98). 

I think it's a legit concern. The guys done nothing in 2 years in a great offense. Heck, your old ass should run for a thousand yards with Mahomes behind center. 

4 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

^. 

I grabbed Chubb RB1, CEH RB2, and Mostert RB3 in the draft.    Not all too pleased to say the least. 

Been grabbing quality handcuffs in anticipation that CEH maintains this dreary fantasy performance.  

13 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I think it's a legit concern. The guys done nothing in 2 years in a great offense. Heck, your old ass should run for a thousand yards with Mahomes behind center. 

If he did nothing as a rookie in a great offense why were people expecting him to do so much better this year. And why are you saying in 2 years, he's played just 2 games in year 2, are we already assuming his product continues at this level? You use so much hyperbole your views are laughable.

I don't play in a redraft, CEH was on somebody else's team and was going to be a keeper, so I didn't spend much time thinking about him. Seems that some were expecting him to be something really great, easily a RB1 maybe even top 5. That doesn't jive with some rankings I used, which have him at 16th RB (37th overall). That's a good RB2 in a 12 team league or bottom end RB1 in 16 teams. And nowhere near the top 5. 

I think he can finish with stats similar to what he had last year. I already pointed out his opportunities (touches) are about at the same level as last year. His yardage is down, and he has no TDs.  Last year in my league he averaged 10.7 points/game, this year he has about the same in 2 games. 

I had CEH last year.  After watching many games of him, he was a complete avoid at all cost.  He rarely gets goal line situations.  They would rather pass.  The guy is just tiny.  He would be a 10-15 carry guy in a game. Couldn't sustain a 20+ carry.   For draft average, there were better options.

50 minutes ago, Chief Dick said:

He sucks. I have seen nothing that indicates he is ever going to break out into that #1 type running back.

Chiefs made a massive mistake drafting this kid. 

Do you think anything changes with the KC running game this season, a current RB moving up, or somebody else brought in? Would it even matter, if say they had a Latavius Murray type would they have value, or is it that the offense doesn't/can't run the ball? 

Just seems baffling that a high powered offense like that cannot provide some decent RB value, doesn't need to be a RB1 in fantasy. Heck maybe they should see if the Browns would trade Hunt. 

9 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Do you think anything changes with the KC running game this season, a current RB moving up, or somebody else brought in? Would it even matter, if say they had a Latavius Murray type would they have value, or is it that the offense doesn't/can't run the ball? 

Just seems baffling that a high powered offense like that cannot provide some decent RB value, doesn't need to be a RB1 in fantasy. Heck maybe they should see if the Browns would trade Hunt. 

No to all of the above.

Andy Reid won't commit long enough to the run to enable his offensive line to:

a. learn to play together

b. get into a groove

Kareem Hunt was perfect for this offense because he was good enough to take what few chances he got and turn them into something special. Helaire just isn't very good in my opinion.

This speaks to a larger issue with the Chiefs. I mentioned in another thread that something felt off with this team this year.  And as we've played a few games, I think what is rubbing me the wrong way is this team is starting resemble the Packers and Aaron Rodgers. Basically you get one championship and that's gonna be it.

This team has really drafted horribly. Our GM likes to paint himself as ultra aggressive, but that aggressiveness leads to reaching for guys or trading valuable picks to "get his guy". Most of which don't really pan out.

Draft picks are valuable capital, as the Patriots have shown over the years.  More draft picks allows you to make a mistake here or there. 

The Chiefs like to see themselves as this budding dynasty, but all I see are the Packers. Which is fine I guess, but I'd hate to see them waste Mahomes career like the Packers wasted Rodgers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1