[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Clyde Edwards Helaire - Not gonna happen is it?

Bedo

CEH had 54 targets (36 rec) in 13 games as a rookie, or about 4 targets per game. Yes 3 is low in 2 games, but he had 8 twice, 6 twice, and 5 once so 33 of his 54 targets came in 5 of his 13 games.  Oh and 3 of those 5 were in his first 5 games. The last 5 games he played had targets of 5,2,1,6,2  

And in their 3 playoff games, he missed the CLE game, then had 5 targets in 2 games. So maybe he was already showing fewer target numbers late last year and nobody saw that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

A pass catching RB in college, on an Andy Reid team, with a high powered pass throwing offense. 

Seems like 5+  receptions a game would come like clockwork.  

I still don't get it and it still felt like a low floor HR swing at 3.2 in full PPR.  

this… Staley, Westbrook, charles… seemed like a high probability 

Local talk radio had some good discussion about this very topic this week.

The theory is that Mahomes is the problem. He just really isn't a check-down type of guy. If he has a choice, and he almost always does, he always chooses the downfield option. It's just his nature to seek out the big play.

I would argue that Mahomes needs to develop this check down philosophy pretty quick, because the league has figured out the Chiefs offense. If he and Reid don't start utilizing the running and screen game more, defenses are just going to continue to play zone and keep everything in front of them.

If you blitz Mahomes he will eat you up. You sit back and play zone, it's MUCH more difficult for him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Much more difficult = 35 points instead of 50.

CD, you aren't being critical of the most explosive offense in the league, are you? I'll trade you.

Who in their right mind would want Mahommes to "learn" to check down. Absurdity at its finest, but KC fans have to talk about something I guess. Maybe start talking about how your defense is going to start ruining a generational QB.

33 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

Much more difficult = 35 points instead of 50.

CD, you aren't being critical of the most explosive offense in the league, are you? I'll trade you.

Who in their right mind would want Mahommes to "learn" to check down. Absurdity at its finest, but KC fans have to talk about something I guess. Maybe start talking about how your defense is going to start ruining a generational QB.

This is exactly why Reid needs to develop this running game and start bleeding some clock.

I've posted plenty of times this season already about why i feel like the Chiefs are going to underachieve this year. The defense is certainly one of them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...