[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jamal Adams

Dcat

Lol.  That was a bad play.  But he also made several game changing plays last year, including one where he stopped a 4th and goal play from the opposite side of the field.  And he also set the NFL record for most sacks by a defensive back last year.

He's been not so great so far this year, but the Seahawks D coordinator may get fired before the season is over.  One of the biggest complaints is his under utilization of Adams. 

21 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Lol.  That was a bad play.  But he also made several game changing plays last year, including one where he stopped a 4th and goal play from the opposite side of the field.  And he also set the NFL record for most sacks by a defensive back last year.

He's been not so great so far this year, but the Seahawks D coordinator may get fired before the season is over.  One of the biggest complaints is his under utilization of Adams. 

While a NY Jet, for every one of those great plays when he pretends to be a pass rusher was neutralized by his atrocious pass defense, constantly getting beat over the middle and waaaaaaaaay overrated tackling (he actually is a BAD tackler).  A case of a player landing a big trade and contract based almost entirely on hype.  Sure he has those magic pass rushing plays once every three or four games but otherwise he is pure, unadulterated ass with respect to his defensive capabilities.  He conned everyone with his self-promotioni skills.

I don't know man. I'm trying not to be a blind homer, but this also feels like some spurned sour grapes from a Jets fan.

PFF before today's game had Adams ranked as the 3rd most effective tackler, on the Hawks.  For whatever that is worth.  

Again, he set a record last year for DB sacks despite playing hurt and missing games. You have to tackle guys to make sacks. 

I see a play maker making a lot of plays.  Today he had numerous passes defended , was on numerous run stops and almost set up a pick that was narrowly missed for an INT.  And he did this which ended being a 7 point difference (or at least 6, or maybe 8,  since SF had their kicker injured). 

Adams certainly isn't  a great cover safety and he may have been responsible for a blown coverage today (although it was clear he didn't  think it was his him who blew the coverage; and the 'talk' in local circles it was the new CB).

He's essentially a guy with elite skills in the box and plays with some corners who can be judged as 'mediocre' on a good day.

Edited by Bobby Brown

@Dcat

I gotta admit, for as well as Adams played against the 49ers he looked absolutely horrible in coverage against the Rams on Thursday.  

I still don't understand why they aren't utilizing his big play ability strengths.   If Adams continues to be a huge liability in coverage, the trade and big contract could very well be the end of the Carroll/Schneider era.  

The entire defense is a dumpster fire though.  I'm not entirely sure why as it certainly isn't void of talented players.

On 10/4/2021 at 12:16 PM, darin3 said:

lol at the Adams hate... the guy is a game-wrecker

then you are not watching.  He was a huge liability out there against the Rams.  Aikman said something like Adams has no idea what's going on.  I'll get you his exact quotes.  

Atrocious in coverage.

Bad tackler.

Doesn't follow ball well at all.

Loses track of his location in coverage.

Slow.

4 years (54 career starts) and one INT (1), o-n-e  in 4 years.  And the QB was Matt Cassell.  

Most overrated player in this generation. 

Adams used to be a game wrecker. Now he's just a wreck. He's awful in coverage, a complete liability and certainly not worth the picks given up for him or money he's being paid. 

4 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

@Dcat

I gotta admit, for as well as Adams played against the 49ers he looked absolutely horrible in coverage against the Rams on Thursday.  

I still don't understand why they aren't utilizing his big play ability strengths.   If Adams continues to be a huge liability in coverage, the trade and big contract could very well be the end of the Carroll/Schneider era.  

The entire defense is a dumpster fire though.  I'm not entirely sure why as it certainly isn't void of talented players.

I am not surprised to see Sidney Jones( #23 )ranked near dead last among all CB's. He looks totally lost out there on this clip 

55 minutes ago, irish said:

Adams used to be a game wrecker. Now he's just a wreck. He's awful in coverage, a complete liability and certainly not worth the picks given up for him or money he's being paid. 

The reality is he was horrible in coverage from day 1 of his career.  The battles on the Jets boards over his alleged talent vs his clear incompetence at ordinary things is legendary reading.  I've been down this road already.  Here it is:  Good on the blitz, and just flat out terrible at the ordinary obligations of the safety position.  A liability 90+% of the time.  Adams is a bad defensive back and too small to be a linebacker.  There really is no good place for him.  He will be out of the league within the next 3, maybe 4 years tops.

Nobody takes him seriously any more

after the funny part of the tweet above (sound needs to be on for it) watch the accurate representation of his below average play.  He's just bad and until now, nobody around the NFL would say it.  Well the Thursday night crew sure changed that.

This one is very funny too:

Ha ha ha

Edited by Dcat

38 minutes ago, Dcat said:

after the funny part of the tweet above (sound needs to be on for it) watch the accurate representation of his below average play.  He's just bad and until now, nobody around the NFL would say it.  Well the Thursday night crew sure changed that.

Ha ha ha

And he didn't even completely lay him out going full throttle. 

55 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Ha ha ha

Yeah I don't like plays like that. He stands upright and just tries to blast some guy rather than breaking down and getting low and actually making a play under control. I haven't seen him much but I would not be surprised if he is lazy and just wants highlight reel plays 

And as for the first clip, he just runs into the blockers, does a bad job finding the ballcarrier or moving laterally to make a tackle. Again, seems like he's just blasting people without much thinking going on after the initial contact. 

Edited by purplemonster

I also get the feeling that this guy has a huge ego (thinks he's God's gift) and is pretty uncoachable.

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

He had a potential game changing interception bounce off his face yesterday. Big Ben threw him a gift. 

Brutal play!  The announcers tried to say he was prepping to make a big hit but he just couldn't handle the hot sauce. 

He's no Diggs from the Cowboys, that's for sure!

Edited by irish