[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Montgomery grabbing his leg

Big John

5 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

Duct tape fixes everything!  Hopefully he's back on the field soon

Me personally, I've had Williams waiting on the pine, so I'm hoping Monty rests up a bunch. 

10 hours ago, irish said:

Me personally, I've had Williams waiting on the pine, so I'm hoping Monty rests up a bunch. 

I would have won my game if I was "wise" enough to start Williams (or Conner) over Carson this week. Or if I had played Ryan over Wilson at QB. 

Not sure what I'll do with Willams, if Montgomery is going to miss much time I might see if his owner is interested in a trade. I suppose if Jacobs remains out and Carson continues to under perform or be in a time share Williams might get the call to join Hunt. 

12 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I would have won my game if I was "wise" enough to start Williams (or Conner) over Carson this week. Or if I had played Ryan over Wilson at QB. 

That is silly talk.  Everyone would have started CCar & Russ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gilthorp said:

At least 4 weeks

Yep, sprained knee, out 4-5 weeks, or so a source told ESPN

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32342292/source-chicago-bears-rb-david-montgomery-sprained-knee-expected-miss-4-5-weeks

Wonder what value Williams has, he's unlikely to pass Carson/Hunt/Jacobs for one of my 2 RB slots, plus I have Conner for some depth. I'd target the Monty owner, but he's in my division, and we generally don't get along or have much luck making a trade. 

13 hours ago, gilthorp said:

Why? Maybe Herbert is the best claim here.

I'm not sure what signing Grant (a WR) had to do with the Montgomery injury or the RB usage by the Bears. 

Are you suggesting Khalil Herbert (Bears RB) is the one to own with this injury, not Damien Williams?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2021 at 6:57 PM, gilthorp said:

Why? Maybe Herbert is the best claim here.

You saved me a lot of FAAB by grabbing him under the radar. It looks like he's starting this week with Williams on the Covid list. Much gratitude 🙏 

14 hours ago, Shaft said:

You saved me a lot of FAAB by grabbing him under the radar. It looks like he's starting this week with Williams on the Covid list. Much gratitude 🙏 

Not necessarily. If he doesn’t have symptoms and has two negative tests 24hrs apart he can play.

I didn’t see that he was out on the Covid list until after the game started last night. I could have moved Fournette out of the flex spot and played Woods there. Now if Williams doesn’t play I have to use Javonte Williams 

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

So you knew Damien was going to get COVID and possibly miss the game.  Glad you're using your powers for good. 

No. But you've proven to be pretty dense, and I didn't feel like explaining myself to you previously when you couldn't correlate the Grant signing to Herbert. 

Herbert was the Bears KO returner.

They signed Grant, I asked why, and proposed that Herbert could be a viable gamble to pick up.

Herbert no longer would be returning because they needed to work him into the offense.

Herbert proved himself very capable last game. 

I've never said anything about Covid until Shaft got lucky with it and I told him it was fortunate it helped him. 

Are you OK with my post now stevegrab? 

1 hour ago, gilthorp said:

No. But you've proven to be pretty dense, and I didn't feel like explaining myself to you previously when you couldn't correlate the Grant signing to Herbert. 

Herbert was the Bears KO returner.

They signed Grant, I asked why, and proposed that Herbert could be a viable gamble to pick up.

Herbert no longer would be returning because they needed to work him into the offense.

Herbert proved himself very capable last game. 

I've never said anything about Covid until Shaft got lucky with it and I told him it was fortunate it helped him. 

Are you OK with my post now stevegrab? 

Thanks for the additional info. Sorry I don't live inside your head and know what you're thinking when you mention a WR being signed having some impact on the RB situation. I don't follow the Bears and know who returns kicks, so that wasn't an obvious thing to me, maybe others understood, but I doubt EVERYBODY else did. Too many people think a few simple words have greater meaning because "I know what I meant". 

PS  The post you replied to asking about COVID was meant in jest and for fun, guess I'm not the only one who is DENSE. But thanks for being another ray of sunshine on The Huddle Forums.