[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Urban Meyer

buddahj

I guess if you wanted an easy way to get out finishing your contract with the Jaguars this might just do it.

What a moron, not a college fan so hadn't completely followed his career, but knew about some of it since OSU gets lots of media coverage here. I saw coverage last night on the news, he sure tried to make it sound like nothing. They mentioned another video that was more graphic which they would not show, I guess that was his hand probing around her rear end. 

Yet I suspect USC would still be happy to have him. 

Jags owner Shad Kahn stands behind him and says all the right things, I hope he told Meyer one more screw up and you're gone, no severance package no nothing. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/06/sport/urban-meyer-jacksonville-jaguars-shad-khan-spt-intl/index.html

1 hour ago, awahl63 said:

Hot take time: 

Does anybody think the video was staged and Urban is actively trying to get fired to avoid the dumpster fire?

I thought this too but.....if you're gonna concoct a plan to get fired it probably won't involve increasing the chances your wife cuts off your johnson.

At the end of the day, if you're willing to publicly humiliate your wife and denigrate your family to get fired then you're an chalupa. So what League Champion said.

1 hour ago, awahl63 said:

Hot take time: 

Does anybody think the video was staged and Urban is actively trying to get fired to avoid the dumpster fire?

That's what I was implying when I said 

"I guess if you wanted an easy way to get out finishing your contract with the Jaguars this might just do it."

Either way this makes him look bad, and the Jags for hiring him. But I suspect he'll continue to be a top candidate for some programs, because "he's won everywhere he went" well until now at least, but the NFL is a different animal, and the Jaguars are no top level program. 

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

That's what I was implying when I said 

"I guess if you wanted an easy way to get out finishing your contract with the Jaguars this might just do it."

Either way this makes him look bad, and the Jags for hiring him. But I suspect he'll continue to be a top candidate for some programs, because "he's won everywhere he went" well until now at least, but the NFL is a different animal, and the Jaguars are no top level program. 

I wonder what the Jaguars expected when they hired him? He's spun himself out everywhere that he's been. Former players and coaches hate him, he's quit on teams before and has always been an ass. What were they expecting? 

58 minutes ago, MTSuper7 said:

This sort of stuff does make it seem like he is trying to get fired. The comments are hilarious... Dude in the mirror is like "Hey Urb, I got a bong ready and separated a few lines for ya... are you on TV right now?" LOL!

I had no idea what that was, apparently that was from over a year ago, when Urban was taking questions from a boat. The guy in the background stumbles in with a bong while Urban is doing a Zoom session. https://www.totalprosports.com/2020/08/12/things-got-entirely-weird-when-shirtless-man-walks-in-during-urban-meyers-interview-video/

9 hours ago, squirrelmastr21 said:

The players do not care about this. Just an opportunity for everyone in the media to bash Meyer.

Sure, the players don't care, keep believing that. When you do stupid stuff and make yourself and the team you represent look stupid you deserve to be bashed, yes even the Almighty Urban Meyer. 

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2021/10/05/what-do-jaguars-players-front-office-think-of-urban-meyer-video-reports-may-give-insight/

More of the same, different article but same source (NFNL insider Mile Silver)

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/anonymous-jaguars-player-telling-comment-urban-meyer