[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Carson / Alex Collins

scottyjets

Is this a backfield in transition?  Alex Collins had 10 carries for 44 yards and a TD on Sunday.  He looked better than Carson.  At the time we all thought Carson was healthy (which was maybe more alarming).  Now Carson misses practice on a neck injury that has been lingering since week 1.

As a Carson owner I'm hoping to scoop Collins on waivers.  Is Collins the better start if they're both active?

I'm concerned about Carson but highly doubt Collins gets more work when they are both healthy. He may occasionally post better stats, but starting him over Carson would not be wise. 

I considered adding him but figured I'd miss out picking 6th. 

With it being a Thursday game, I could see them just giving Carson the game off, let him rest and hopefully the neck is OK for next week.

I already pulled him from my lineup and had Damien Williams to fill in (or maybe Jacobs if he is healthy for a full load). 

The injury sort of explains things, but I still think Collins looked GOOD on Sunday and they perhaps have more confidence in him than Carson.

I'm rolling with Collins if Carson is out.

If Carson is in, I'm not totally sure.  Leaning towards another option entirely (Emmanuel Sanders most likely).

2 hours ago, scottyjets said:

The injury sort of explains things, but I still think Collins looked GOOD on Sunday and they perhaps have more confidence in him than Carson.

I'm rolling with Collins if Carson is out.

If Carson is in, I'm not totally sure.  Leaning towards another option entirely (Emmanuel Sanders most likely).

That makes sense. 

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

It's always something with Carson, I just stay away every draft. 

Always something as in #5 in rushing yards in both 2018 & 2019 (4th & 6th respectively in yds/game), while missing 3 whole games. Yes that's a guy that should never be drafted :D     Last year is when the nagging injuries became an issue, maybe 525 carries in the prior 2 seasons played a role in that. 

13 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

He's been a stud when active and playing the last 3 years but I keep waiting for the bottom to drop out, and maybe this time it has. He's been a steal for a couple of years though, especially in non PPR

Maybe that explains it, I don't play PPR, so it doesn't matter to me. I just think he gets a lot of knocks for missing time, like he misses 4-5 games every year, and is questionable to play half the season. Its not how I remember my time with him on my team. I'm jaded, because I always struggled to have decent RBs, then a couple years ago ended up with him and Jacobs, while not studs like Cook, Henry, CMC, Zeke etc. they have given me a foundation at the position to build on.  

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

He's useless in PPR. Is he an RB1 in PPR, nope!!! 

Useless in PPR?  lol, wrong again. I think you need to take a look at last years stats

image.png

Edited by BillyBalata
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

I think the best thing right now for Carson owners is for them to declare him out so you can go about your business of filling in for him.  If he's active, you may be in trouble. Low volume or worse, a series or two and out.  Inactive = blessing in disguise?

14 hours ago, BillyBalata said:

Useless in PPR?  lol, wrong again. I think you need to take a look at last years stats

image.png

He like to make statements like that, even if he isn't a RB1 how is he useless? Do teams only carry and start one RB all season?