[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Christian McCaffrey returns to practice field

League_Champion

13 hours ago, gijoerock said:

Why rush him back? Unless they removed him from the game for precautionary reasons.

He missed a full week already since he left the game with injury. He may be back earlier than expected but not sure there's any reason to think the team is rushing him back. 

I'm not following CMC's situation that closely, but was reading now that he took place in pre-game warmups on Sunday. 

The team initially said hew was likely to miss "a few weeks" when he got injured. And that was following a Thursday game. Today would mark 2 weeks since that injury. The team said he looked really good in practice, some are saying it could be a GTD. We'll know more by the weekend. 

On 10/8/2021 at 12:53 PM, League_Champion said:

Not gonna happen.

#Panthers coach Matt Rhule says RB Christian McCaffrey is doubtful for Sunday, as the team goes with the cautious approach. Smart so early in the season

He was put on IR today, need to wait 3 weeks.

The changes to the IR system (last year or maybe it was 2019 or before) have resulted in more of these moves to IR for a few weeks of rest. Just this week we've seen a handful of big names (CMC, Wilson, Carson) going to IR. 

Toss in some guys lost to COVID and fantasy owners along with real NFL teams are going to have some struggles. I'm in a bind if Hunt cannot play, I'll need to guess before the late afternoon game, and if I think he might not go plug in Booker for some sure points. I probably won't, unless I'm hearing rumors that he won't play. Not a great week to have Carson on IR, and Damien Williams on COVID list.