[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Russell Wilson Injury

League_Champion

1 minute ago, Bobby Brown said:

Never heard of the term until this morning.

Probably the proper medical term, most of us who are not in the medical field just use whatever word we're familiar with. Who heard of erectile dysfunction 20 years ago. 

3 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Sorry Steve, it was a layup. I'm not Ben Simmons. If you give me a layup I'm gonna take it every time. 

Everything is a layup when you play the class clown, most of us grew out of that around age 25. 

3 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Well bad news is it takes 6-8 weeks usually of splinting the finger straight. Usually a tendon injury involving the backside of the hand. He may or may not need surgery too to start out his 8 weeks. This isn't something he can play through bc the finger needs to be straight. 

Whoa! That would kill Seattle 

14 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I am not his doctor or anything, so I reserve the right to be wrong. I just am assuming that A. I am right with the diagnosis and B. That he can't properly grip the ball with it splinted. So take that with a block of salt. 

You could see last night he has issues trying to grip it. There will be more news before next week, but as a Wilson owner (with Ryan as backup, who has a bye next week when I'll need him) I may need to act now. I'm looking at available options. 

Either way this could sink my season, as I was counting on Wilson to have a big year and help me win some games, started 2-0 and looking a third straight loss.

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

You could see last night he has issues trying to grip it. There will be more news before next week, but as a Wilson owner (with Ryan as backup, who has a bye next week when I'll need him) I may need to act now. I'm looking at available options. 

Ryan isn't a horrible backup though. Who's on the wire? Do you have any trade pieces? 

As somebody who has multiple "shares" of both Metcalf and Lockett, this makes me nervous, to say the least.  Geno did look solid last night.  Until he didn't.  No matter how good he looked, I think this has to damper the expectations for DK and Lockett just a tad.  On the other hand, who knows... maybe they'll be trailing more often than not (even moreso than if Wilson was playing), and have to throw a bunch.  Hoping it turns into a quantity > quality situation, in terms of passing numbers in SEA.  

11 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Whoa! That would kill Seattle 

Jets own their 2022  first round pick, via Jamal Adams, who had potentially the worst game of his career.  I knew that Geno Smith would one day help the Jets.

• Like 1