[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I just have to bitch for a second

seh0872

OK, trying to be smart on the waiver wire in a league with a waiver priority system (read = no FAAB).  On Wednesday, put in a claim, in order, for Williams, Perine, and Collins, dropping Elijah Moore.  Williams goes before me, I get Perine.

Then Cincy says if they play him, he'll be in committee.  Crap.  Guess I'll go with Mike Davis.

Then Mixon looks like he's going to play.  OK, well Perine will have little value.

Let's take a gamble by picking up Rashod Bateman as a future stash.  Even though I just picked up Perine three days earlier, pick up Bateman, drop Perine.  Could have dropped Blake Jarwin, but I didn't.

Sunday comes, Perine gets a touch down, four catches, 73 yards and over 18 points in my PPR league. Davis only gets 12 and Mixon 14.  Early Week 6 Waiver Wire advice says pick up Perine.  Crap.  Blake Jarwin scores 0 points.  Good thing I didn't start him, but little need to keep him on the bench with Schultz getting all the TE action.  Should have kept Perine.

Now Bateman will not play tonight.  Ugh.  Well, I was picking him up for the future anyway

Goes to show ...sometimes trying to be smart on the waiver wire doesn't work out.

Well, one silver lining...looks like Perine has COVID.  Going to probably be out next week.  OK, maybe he has no future value.  The fun of fantasy football!!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Rodger That said:

lol dude i chit you not but a guy in a league I'm in rarely sets a lineup and has players in that aren't playing or acive and still wins because 2 of his guys go off for the week. Thats just unfair

That guy would be tossed from any league I was in. Unacceptable 

20 hours ago, seh0872 said:

OK, trying to be smart on the waiver wire in a league with a waiver priority system (read = no FAAB).  On Wednesday, put in a claim, in order, for Williams, Perine, and Collins, dropping Elijah Moore.  Williams goes before me, I get Perine.

Then Cincy says if they play him, he'll be in committee.  Crap.  Guess I'll go with Mike Davis.

Then Mixon looks like he's going to play.  OK, well Perine will have little value.

Let's take a gamble by picking up Rashod Bateman as a future stash.  Even though I just picked up Perine three days earlier, pick up Bateman, drop Perine.  Could have dropped Blake Jarwin, but I didn't.

Sunday comes, Perine gets a touch down, four catches, 73 yards and over 18 points in my PPR league. Davis only gets 12 and Mixon 14.  Early Week 6 Waiver Wire advice says pick up Perine.  Crap.  Blake Jarwin scores 0 points.  Good thing I didn't start him, but little need to keep him on the bench with Schultz getting all the TE action.  Should have kept Perine.

Now Bateman will not play tonight.  Ugh.  Well, I was picking him up for the future anyway

Goes to show ...sometimes trying to be smart on the waiver wire doesn't work out.

Well, one silver lining...looks like Perine has COVID.  Going to probably be out next week.  OK, maybe he has no future value.  The fun of fantasy football!!

I have the same problem with Cook and Mattison. It is better if Cook simply can't play. I am afraid no matter what happens Cook will not be utilized as much going forward, it will be a timeshare. 

Only critique I have is that the writing was on the wall already for Jarwin, he should have been your first drop. 

17 hours ago, Rodger That said:

lol dude i chit you not but a guy in a league I'm in rarely sets a lineup and has players in that aren't playing or acive and still wins because 2 of his guys go off for the week. Thats just unfair

We have a guy like that too.  Ironically, he's a former sportscaster for the local abc affiliate.  He crushed his opponent week 5 with 174 points despite playing Vaughn on TB, who is out.  But it's a dynasty league with a rolling buy in so we really can't boot anyone.

As for bitching, I sat Herbert and Pitts, who had a combined 77 points.  Also sat Schultz in favor of Gesicki.  Won't even talk about Waddle and the fact that I dropped Gaskin last week.

6 hours ago, Shaft said:

We overthink it way too much, information overload.

Entirely.  Plus this league is a keeper league with transaction limits, so there's always more to consider for each week's waiver wire than in my other redraft, FAAB league where it's nice and simple.