[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jon Gruden

Bobby Brown

9 minutes ago, Brentastic said:

Like all bullies who pile on, you address nothing I spoke about, just more insults. I’ll be the one smiling as you get your 12th booster and complying with every mandate they throw at you. Keep licking those boots!!

Why should anybody care what you say, any more than what any other individual says?  Other than the fact that you consider yourself enlightened and the rest of us complete fools. 

BESIDES WHICH THIS STUFF IS NOT ALLOWED IN THESE FORUMS, or so that used to be the case.....

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Why should anybody care what you say, any more than what any other individual says?  Other than the fact that you consider yourself enlightened and the rest of us complete fools. 

BESIDES WHICH THIS STUFF IS NOT ALLOWED IN THESE FORUMS, or so that used to be the case.....

Meh. This is the best discussion we've had in years. This forum needs a little spice to it.

I've always liked Brentastic. Back in the day he used to play Friday night concerts on his guitar - it was pretty cool.  I don't agree with him on some stuff, but that's cool. 

Edit: at least I think it was him on the guitar. May have been someone else the more I think about it. But I think it was him. Getting old suuuuucks.

Edited by Chief Dick
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chief Dick said:

Meh. This is the best discussion we've had in years. This forum needs a little spice to it.

I've always liked Brentastic. Back in the day he used to play Friday night concerts on his guitar - it was pretty cool.  I don't agree with him on some stuff, but that's cool. 

Edit: at least I think it was him on the guitar. May have been someone else the more I think about it. But I think it was him. Getting old suuuuucks.

Yes it was him, and I enjoyed it too.  I would grab a beer, sit at my desk in my office and chat with him between songs.  I've met him in Chicago.  He's good peeps, but obviously has a strong view about what's going on in this country.  He's entitled to his opinion, even if it is a little bit "out there".  :shrug:  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Yes it was him, and I enjoyed it too.  I would grab a beer, sit at my desk in my office and chat with him between songs.  I've met him in Chicago.  He's good peeps, but obviously has a strong view about what's going on in this country.  He's entitled to his opinion, even if it is a little bit "out there".  :shrug:  

Thanks - glad my memory isn't that bad. I'd do the same - cold beer and watch some tunes. My wife thought I was a weirdo chatting up some random dude with a guitar on the internet. 

:brew:

Good times. 

1 hour ago, Brentastic said:

Like all bullies who pile on, you address nothing I spoke about, just more insults. I’ll be the one smiling as you get your 12th booster and complying with every mandate they throw at you. Keep licking those boots!!

What is there to address when you think of nothing and no one else but yourself as you espoused. Just don’t go to the hospital and take up a bed that’s better used for someone else when you catch Covid, ok Herman ?

The NFL Players Association said Tuesday that it plans to request that the NFL release the remainder of the 650,000 emails reviewed as part of the investigation into workplace misconduct with the Washington Football Team.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32389529/nflpa-petition-nfl-release-all-emails-washington-football-team-investigation

That's quite a few emails huh 

1 hour ago, Brentastic said:

. I’ll be the one smiling as you get your 12th booster 

Doubt that, 

and I honestly don't know what is wrong with booster spots (as you have said this with a disdain)

Hep A and B, tetanus,  measles,  the flue spot and varicella (for chicken pox) all have booster vaccines .  You likely have taken at least tetanus as an adult 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chief Dick said:

Thanks - glad my memory isn't that bad. I'd do the same - cold beer and watch some tunes. My wife thought I was a weirdo chatting up some random dude with a guitar on the internet. 

:brew:

Good times. 

He had a song Don’t you think you should know , that I really liked 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Chief Dick said:

Is it really a discussion? Seems like people venting and bashing each other. Most of it went off the deep end when one guy was telling us all how screwed up we are for not being more like him, while talking about wild conspiracy type stuff and slamming us all for not being more enlightened. All while talking about how the solution is to be nicer to everybody, be less judgmental, etc.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Is it really a discussion? Seems like people venting and bashing each other. Most of it went off the deep end when one guy was telling us all how screwed up we are for not being more like him, while talking about wild conspiracy type stuff and slamming us all for not being more enlightened. All while talking about how the solution is to be nicer to everybody, be less judgmental, etc.  

This is spot on.  But him blasting certain behavior, then cluelessly engaging in said behavior, adds to the entertainment value. 

The sentiment, for some of us, is that Brent is good for a laugh.:)

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Haha 1

On 10/12/2021 at 3:40 AM, Bobby Brown said:

LOL.  

Is the NFL hypocritical?  Yes of course. Joe Mixon assault and Watson acknowledged.  

Standards are different for a coach with nearly full control of a franchise, with a 30 year career with and dependent on the NFL.  That's how the real world works. Jon Gruden was the face of the Raiders.  

The minimum wage 20 year old Dominos pizza worker caught jizzing on a pizza, is going to get reprimanded , but he still has a career in the fast food industry if he can make pizza; and stop getting caught jizzing on it.   When the CEO of Dominos gets caught sending emails supporting jizzing on pizza behavior; he loses his status of a power player for good.    It's odd you are seemingly oblivious to how that works.  

Why do you hate free market capitalism and America?  It's consequence culture.  Just put on the big boy pants and make better decisions. Jon Gruden is going to be fine and he'll make plenty of more money from the  likes of the crocodile tears you are shedding.

At the end of the day, a private entity decided to rid themselves of their leader, largely due to free market pressure.    Pending more information, I highly doubt he's the victim you are making him out to be.  And if somehow Gruden was a victim, he was 22-31 as a head coach and Davis almost certainly jumped on this to move on from his 10 year 100 million dollar mistake.   

Thank you for ruining Pizza. Eating homemade salads indefinitely.

On 10/12/2021 at 7:33 AM, buddahj said:

Ask yourself a question, would you send emails like this? If the answer is "no", and you're defending them...you need to take a good long look in the mirror.

Many people far better than both of us have given their lives for the right of people to say things, irrespective of whether or not you agree.  I absolutely defend his right to say what is on his mind (especially in a private conversation) just as I defend your right to post about the importance and merits of the marginalized fighting back.  I dont have to agree with him, you, or my aunt Gert in order to support your right to say it. 

That is all.  

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2021 at 12:52 PM, Brentastic said:

Learn to think critically again.  Unite with your brothers and sisters and ignore the media.  Turn off your TVs!!  Limit your cell phone use to under an hour a day.  Take your shoes off and feel your feet touch the earth.  Remove yourself from electronics periodically and get in tune with nature. 

^ Great post.

• Thanks 1