[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jon Gruden

Bobby Brown

DeShaun Watson has been accused by 24 women of sexual assault and he is still on a team and eligible to play. Joe Mixon straight up COLD COCKED a WOMAN on CAMERA and he was still drafted and plays in the NFL.  Jon Gruden was just forced to resign over personal conversations dating back over 10 years ago and those conversations were dug up by someone who had an axe to grind.  And you people are applauding this as a "win" for who?  Society?  NFL?  Black people? The toxic racist culture here in America (NOT)?  Has anyone seen the actual emails or just bits and pieces.  I have seen nothing, only heard the NFLN guy and Schefter talk about racist tropes.  They both used the term trope and both emphatically stated "there was no other option".  Again, haven't seen exactly what he said, but we're talking about private/personal conversations via electronic mail... conversations that happened 10 years ago and he is forced to resign and it's the biggest story in sports right now and there was simply no other option to fix this heinous act of..... a private conversation.  YOU.  HAVE.  GOT.  TO.  BE.  KIDDING.  ME.   

We've reached the point in society where everything you do is being recorded, documented and archived and NOT for your benefit.  Think back before email. Just imagine yourself if every private conversation you ever had in your life was recorded and archived and owned by a private entity and if you pissed someone off enough, that entity could dig up anything you said and use it against you.  Imagine that. That's what just happened with Jon Gruden.  Just like my Urban Meyer position, I'm not condoning what Gruden did, heck I don't even know what he said but assuming the worst in this context.... nobody should be applauding this resignation as a positive.  This is not a win for society or equality or anything in that realm.  We live in a society of safetyism.  We live in a society of political correctness to the extreme.  We live in a society where you are forced to fit into a tighter mold as time goes on, stunting individualism and creativity.  Anyone applauding this event (Gruden's resignation specifically) because "he deserves it" is really missing the forest through the trees.  This is a sign of the toxicity we've allowed to cultivate our culture. We no longer live in America the Great.  We live in America the Indoctrinated.  You all should be embarrassed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

LOL.  

Is the NFL hypocritical?  Yes of course. Joe Mixon assault and Watson acknowledged.  

Standards are different for a coach with nearly full control of a franchise, with a 30 year career with and dependent on the NFL.  That's how the real world works. Jon Gruden was the face of the Raiders.  

The minimum wage 20 year old Dominos pizza worker caught jizzing on a pizza, is going to get reprimanded , but he still has a career in the fast food industry if he can make pizza; and stop getting caught jizzing on it.   When the CEO of Dominos gets caught sending emails supporting jizzing on pizza behavior; he loses his status of a power player for good.    It's odd you are seemingly oblivious to how that works.  

Why do you hate free market capitalism and America?  It's consequence culture.  Just put on the big boy pants and make better decisions. Jon Gruden is going to be fine and he'll make plenty of more money from the  likes of the crocodile tears you are shedding.

At the end of the day, a private entity decided to rid themselves of their leader, largely due to free market pressure.    Pending more information, I highly doubt he's the victim you are making him out to be.  And if somehow Gruden was a victim, he was 22-31 as a head coach and Davis almost certainly jumped on this to move on from his 10 year 100 million dollar mistake.   

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Brentastic said:

he is forced to resign 

Was he forced to resign?  He knows what he wrote and he made the decision to resign,  his compensation likely would have been higher had he been forced out.

Your argument is based on a premise that he was forced out and its wrong of society to treat people like that, and you will view him as innocent until you see more. I'm not sure he was forced out, and as I said above,  he knows what he wrote and made the decision to resign. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, millworkguy said:

Was he forced to resign?  He knows what he wrote and he made the decision to resign,  his compensation likely would have been higher had he been forced out.

Your argument is based on a premise that he was forced out and its wrong of society to treat people like that, and you will view him as innocent until you see more. I'm not sure he was forced out, and as I said above,  he knows what he wrote and made the decision to resign. 

Forced out, ehhh sorta. There were definitely a lot of conversations behind the scenes. They knew this was coming. I guess it was basically resign or get fired. Call it what you want to. 

It was emails sent over the course of 7 or 8 years. And it's not cancel culture. It's like Bobby Brown said...it's consequences culture. Far too many people have gotten way too comfortable disparaging POC & other marginalized groups. Now that we're standing up for ourselves, the people spewing the hate don't like it. They're uncomfortable because we're fighting back. And the only thing they know how to do is yell louder that it's not fair.

Ask yourself a question, would you send emails like this? If the answer is "no", and you're defending them...you need to take a good long look in the mirror. Just because the emails don't offend you as much as someone else doesn't make them okay. Hate is hate...

Edited by buddahj
  • Like 5

Some of the emails are as recent as 2018 from what I understand . Im not a fan of cancel culture, but it seems Gruden has made derogatory remarks about black people, women , gay people and probably others when this truly comes to surface . Hard to have a guy like that as the face of your franchise  , especially when his very own team has black people and a gay player . Stepping down was the move .  Brent is right in the sense that if we all had every conversation we ever made on tape, I am sure we would all be screwed for something we said down the line..There is a difference though. A momentary lapse of judgement and a pattern are two different things. Seems Gruden had a well documented pattern 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, millworkguy said:

I don't have an argument.  I provided a social commentary.  I also don't presume he is innocent, it seems clear he said something in that PRIVATE CONVERSATION, although what he said exactly doesn't seem to be printed anywhere online. It's clear based on the two NFL reporters I heard talk about the subject that he was essentially forced to resign, that there was "No other option".  He was forced to resign.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

The minimum wage 20 year old Dominos pizza worker caught jizzing on a pizza, is going to get reprimanded , but he still has a career in the fast food industry if he can make pizza; and stop getting caught jizzing on it.   When the CEO of Dominos gets caught sending emails supporting jizzing on pizza behavior; he loses his status of a power player for good.    It's odd you are seemingly oblivious to how that works.  

An interesting analogy and a visual I could have done without this morning, lol.

Making comments privately is one thing.  Making them through email, which is essentially writing them in digital stone, is stupid.  Anyone dumb enough to document that deserves the repercussions, especially since it's a well established pattern.  

Edited by 1fastdoc
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, buddahj said:

It was emails sent over the course of 7 or 8 years. And it's not cancel culture. It's like Bobby Brown said...it's consequences culture. Far too many people have gotten way too comfortable disparaging POC & other marginalized groups. Now that we're standing up for ourselves, the people spewing the hate don't like it. They're uncomfortable because we're fighting back. And the only thing they know how to do is yell louder that it's not fair.

Ask yourself a question, would you send emails like this? If the answer is "no", and you're defending them...you need to take a good long look in the mirror. Just because the emails don't offend you as much as someone else doesn't make them okay. Hate is hate...

Nah, I don't agree.  This is a brainwashed take.  Hate is a strong word, a word used by indoctrinating entities to get you to believe what they want you to believe using strong words to get you there.  95% of people want to fit in.  This 95% will change their behavior, change their principles, change their political stance, do anything to be included in the group.  Governments know this.  The media knows this. They use this knowledge to get people to comply.  On the surface, cancel or 'consequences' culture (LOL) seems like a positive step forward for society but the reality is that its not.  You can be sure that anything spear-headed by the propaganda machine we call the media is sure to have an end-game result that is a net negative for humanity and a net positive for more government control, coercion and ultimately tyranny.

This whole premise that we live in a racist, homophobic country is complete b.s.  There are some people that are those things but that is not the core of Americans, not even close.  It's time to wake up.  Stop putting your faith in the government.  It's been hijacked by globalists who desire full control and they use the media to shape public opinion.  I don't want to live in a world where every detail of our lives, how we talk, who we talk to, what we say, what we do in our free time... all those things are micromanaged by government and our employers.  Why would anyone want to live in that world.  Government consists of people just like you and me.  No other human can decide for yourself.  No other human has authority over yourself.  We need to stop pretending government is a ruling body assigned by God.  It's man-made and attracts people who seek control and power over others.  Government and media cares nothing about us as individuals, only their global agenda for mass control.  It's time to start thinking again for ourselves.  People need to start reading books, specifically history books to understand the devastation of humanity created by governments throughout history.  The pattern and trend are clear, the end goal is always tyranny and we're getting close again.  Let's not let it happen on our watch.  Let's not let all the soldiers who fought for our freedoms die in vain.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Brentastic said:

This whole premise that we live in a racist, homophobic country is complete b.s.  

I don't know about this. 

There are still plenty of examples of people treating other people badly due to race, sexism, homophobia, etc.  Hell, we had some stupid kid here in KC make a sign to ask a girl to homecoming that said something like:

If you were black, you'd be picking cotton.

Since you're not, would you like to go to homecoming with me.

Where do you file that one under? Government? Come on man - this world has always been filled with stupid ignorant a-holes from all walks of life. The only difference today is that society has a way to track this people and root them out and expose them for who they really are. And deservedly so.

You say you don't want to live in an America where government and media controls us? Well, I don't want to live in a world where a stupid kid does stuff like that because he and his parents are racist a-holes.

American people need to look at themselves in the mirrors and problem #1 will be looking back at them. Take control of your own house.

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

LOL.  

Is the NFL hypocritical?  Yes of course. Joe Mixon assault and Watson acknowledged.  

Standards are different for a coach with nearly full control of a franchise, with a 30 year career with and dependent on the NFL.  That's how the real world works. Jon Gruden was the face of the Raiders.  

Why do you hate free market capitalism and America?  It's consequence culture.  Just put on the big boy pants and make better decisions. Jon Gruden is going to be fine and he'll make plenty of more money from the  likes of the crocodile tears you are shedding.

At the end of the day, a private entity decided to rid themselves of their leader, largely due to free market pressure.    Pending more information, I highly doubt he's the victim you are making him out to be.  And if somehow Gruden was a victim, he was 22-31 as a head coach and Davis almost certainly jumped on this to move on from his 10 year 100 million dollar mistake.   

At the end of the day, your brainwashed takes are going to be the nail in the coffin of freedom.  "that's how the real world works" is not good enough justification for me.  I don't agree that the masturbating pizza maker should have a job while words shared over email cause someone to lose theirs.  It's the same poor argument that vaccine cultists use.  "You've been taken vaccines your whole life" doesn't mean diddly poo.  If you do something or accept something for a long time then eventually come to the conclusion you no longer want to do or accept that something, then you stop immediately.  It has "always been that way" is not justification to continue with said action. 

LOL at thinking we live in a free market.  It would be great if you could catch up on some history, monetary policy, central banking, state provided education (indoctrination) and the role of media as a propaganda machine. I'd also encourage you to study Austrian economics vs our flawed Keynesian model.  That way we could have an actual discussion on facts instead of the regurgitated takes you have been handed from following listening to the media.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chief Dick said:

I don't know about this. 

There are still plenty of examples of people treating other people badly due to race, sexism, homophobia, etc.  Hell, we had some stupid kid here in KC make a sign to ask a girl to homecoming that said something like:

Where do you file that one under? Government? Come on man - this world has always been filled with stupid ignorant a-holes from all walks of life. The only difference today is that society has a way to track this people and root them out and expose them for who they really are. And deservedly so.

You say you don't want to live in an America where government and media controls us? Well, I don't want to live in a world where a stupid kid does stuff like that because he and his parents are racist a-holes.

American people need to look at themselves in the mirrors and problem #1 will be looking back at them. Take control of your own house.

There are always going to be people like that, it doesn't mean that is the core of Americans.  The media picks and chooses what we get outraged about, what we get excited about.  C'mon man, you're really going to let the media guide your emotions that easily?!!  Until the media started blasting us with all the 'hate' going on in this country, nobody had this take. In the late 90s, early 2000s nobody was screaming racism!!  So we've moved backwards since then? No, the media is ramping up those stories to cause friction and divide us. The globalist/tyrannical playbook has always been the same: Divide and Conquer. The media literally dictates where the outrage is focused in this country.  People are too busy and distracted (this is by design) to look into things for themselves, pretty much everyone relies on some media source for their 'takes' and 'stances' on issues.  Hardly anyone has an original take anymore, everything is just regurgitated bull poop.  I guarantee all of you screaming "RACISM" the last few years were never screaming that 20 years ago.  You've been brainwashed, indoctrinated and DUPED. It's ok to admit it.  Admit it so you can start making real change, organic change for the betterment of humanity.  Otherwise you and everyone else will just continue being the loud voice for a globalist agenda that most definitely does not benefit humanity. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Brentastic said:

Nah, I don't agree.  This is a brainwashed take.  Hate is a strong word, a word used by indoctrinating entities to get you to believe what they want you to believe using strong words to get you there.  95% of people want to fit in.  This 95% will change their behavior, change their principles, change their political stance, do anything to be included in the group.  Governments know this.  The media knows this. They use this knowledge to get people to comply.  On the surface, cancel or 'consequences' culture (LOL) seems like a positive step forward for society but the reality is that its not.  You can be sure that anything spear-headed by the propaganda machine we call the media is sure to have an end-game result that is a net negative for humanity and a net positive for more government control, coercion and ultimately tyranny.

This whole premise that we live in a racist, homophobic country is complete b.s.  There are some people that are those things but that is not the core of Americans, not even close.  It's time to wake up.  Stop putting your faith in the government.  It's been hijacked by globalists who desire full control and they use the media to shape public opinion.  I don't want to live in a world where every detail of our lives, how we talk, who we talk to, what we say, what we do in our free time... all those things are micromanaged by government and our employers.  Why would anyone want to live in that world.  Government consists of people just like you and me.  No other human can decide for yourself.  No other human has authority over yourself.  We need to stop pretending government is a ruling body assigned by God.  It's man-made and attracts people who seek control and power over others.  Government and media cares nothing about us as individuals, only their global agenda for mass control.  It's time to start thinking again for ourselves.  People need to start reading books, specifically history books to understand the devastation of humanity created by governments throughout history.  The pattern and trend are clear, the end goal is always tyranny and we're getting close again.  Let's not let it happen on our watch.  Let's not let all the soldiers who fought for our freedoms die in vain.

How dare you. You don't get to decide what's racist, homophobic, transphopic, ect. Do you get DMs telling you to go kill yourself daily like I do? How your existence is evil? Have to worry about whether or not your human rights are going to be taken away?  I live this hate everyday as a trans woman. Your entitled take as a cis male is what's BS. Come down off your perch and actually talk to the people this hurts & affects on a daily basis.

Edited by buddahj
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Brentastic said:

There are always going to be people like that, it doesn't mean that is the core of Americans.  The media picks and chooses what we get outraged about, what we get excited about.  C'mon man, you're really going to let the media guide your emotions that easily?!!  Until the media started blasting us with all the 'hate' going on in this country, nobody had this take. In the late 90s, early 2000s nobody was screaming racism!!  So we've moved backwards since then? No, the media is ramping up those stories to cause friction and divide us. The globalist/tyrannical playbook has always been the same: Divide and Conquer. The media literally dictates where the outrage is focused in this country.  People are too busy and distracted (this is by design) to look into things for themselves, pretty much everyone relies on some media source for their 'takes' and 'stances' on issues.  Hardly anyone has an original take anymore, everything is just regurgitated bull poop.  I guarantee all of you screaming "RACISM" the last few years were never screaming that 20 years ago.  You've been brainwashed, indoctrinated and DUPED. It's ok to admit it.  Admit it so you can start making real change, organic change for the betterment of humanity.  Otherwise you and everyone else will just continue being the loud voice for a globalist agenda that most definitely does not benefit humanity. 

Where are you getting yours from?  

:pop:

2 minutes ago, buddahj said:

How dare you. You don't get to decide what's racist, homophobic, transphopic, ect. Do you get DMs telling you to go kill yourself daily like I do? How your existence is evil? Have to worry about whether or not your human rights are going to be taken away?  I live this hate everyday as a trans woman. Your entitled take as a white cis male is what's BS. Come down off your perch and actually talk to the people this hurts & affects on a daily basis.

I've received more hate DMs than you can imagine but not because of my sexual preference, usually because of my passion for freedom.  Why do you think anyone cares about your sexual preferences?  I don't.  Nobody should care but again, it's the media that has made our personal sexual preferences into a public forum and all of you indoctrinated sheep fall right in line.  Why do you feel the need to label yourself from that angle?  Also, based on your profile pic (guessing that's you) it seems you were also born a white male, no?  Even though you can't confirm my gender and race on this board (my profile pic is NOT me), I will admit I am a white male but I did not decide that fate for myself.  I had no option.  If I had to pick, I would've picked black male all the way.  So now you are spewing disgust on me based on my gender and race?  Or does it not count because the labeling you choose to identify with is even more of an outlier than the one you identified me with?  I think that's how the media wants us to behave right now, please correct me if I'm wrong.... white males get no voice anymore cuz.... we're all white supremacists and entitled.  Is that right?  Oh no wait, only the white males who voted for Trump are racist white supremacists and entitled.  Certainly not all my liberal white male friends with college degrees and 6 figure jobs... no, they can't be racist because they voted Biden.  Wow, that was easy!!

All I can say to all you huddlers who think I'm wrong or that I'm way off base or whatever.... Learn about history.  Learn about fractional reserve banking.  Learn about government tyranny.  Learn to think critically again.  Unite with your brothers and sisters and ignore the media.  Turn off your TVs!!  Limit your cell phone use to under an hour a day.  Take your shoes off and feel your feet touch the earth.  Remove yourself from electronics periodically and get in tune with nature.  Humans in general (there are exceptions of course) are kind, loving souls who just want a peaceful easy life.  Unfortunately, the people we call leaders in this world are mainly comprised of psychopaths.  The few people who are born as psychos usually find themselves in positions of power while the rest of us 98% only crave life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  Don't let the 2% of psychopaths dictate the future course of humanity.  We can win but only if we UNITE.  United we stand, divided we fall.  I will not be replying to anymore posts in this thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Chief Dick said:

Hell, we had some stupid kid here in KC make a sign to ask a girl to homecoming that said something like:

WTF?  How was he not ostracized?  My son is mixed race so it's unlikely that would ever happen but, God help him if he does anything to a similar degree of stupidity.  I'm guessing his father is on the lower end of society and carries a large chip on his shoulder.  Just a hunch.

One thing people on forums tend to forget is that we're all over the country, coming from much different backgrounds.  Racism in MS is still very present and visible.  Racism in Seattle?  Not so much.  Our personal experiences with it will certain affect our opinions.

What was this thread about?  Oh, yeah, an insensitive guy who didn't know better than to keep his opinions to himself.  Opinions to which he's entitled.  I don't agree with anything he said.  But that's the beauty of this country.  I know of no discrim suits against him or accusations of sexual harrassment.  His mistake was putting his opinions in writing and then pissing off the wrong person.  He made the comments, now he has to deal with the consequences.  Time to move on...

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

WTF?  How was he not ostracized?  My son is mixed race so it's unlikely that would ever happen but, God help him if he does anything to a similar degree of stupidity.  I'm guessing his father is on the lower end of society and carries a large chip on his shoulder.  Just a hunch.

One thing people on forums tend to forget is that we're all over the country, coming from much different backgrounds.  Racism in MS is still very present and visible.  Racism in Seattle?  Not so much.  Our personal experiences with it will certain affect our opinions.

What was this thread about?  Oh, yeah, an insensitive guy who didn't know better than to keep his opinions to himself.  Opinions to which he's entitled.  I don't agree with anything he said.  But that's the beauty of this country.  I know of no discrim suits against him or accusations of sexual harrassment.  His mistake was putting his opinions in writing and then pissing off the wrong person.  He made the comments, now he has to deal with the consequences.  Time to move on...

Well said

I find it interesting that just 24 hours before that game during SNF long weather delay they talked about it and Mike Tirico said he knew Gruden well during those years they were doing MNF together and never saw or heard anything that indicated Gruden behaved like that. Well seems it was pretty pervasive, and I doubt he only did it via email, just that is where most of the proof existed. Maybe he hid it more in public, or people were just afraid to speak out against Chucky and have him get angry. 

I wonder how much they paid him to let him go away, wasn't he given something like a 10 year $100 million contract?

58 minutes ago, Brentastic said:

I've received more hate DMs than you can imagine but not because of my sexual preference, usually because of my passion for freedom.  Why do you think anyone cares about your sexual preferences?  I don't.  Nobody should care but again, it's the media that has made our personal sexual preferences into a public forum and all of you indoctrinated sheep fall right in line.  Why do you feel the need to label yourself from that angle?  Also, based on your profile pic (guessing that's you) it seems you were also born a white male, no?  Even though you can't confirm my gender and race on this board (my profile pic is NOT me), I will admit I am a white male but I did not decide that fate for myself.  I had no option.  If I had to pick, I would've picked black male all the way.  So now you are spewing disgust on me based on my gender and race?  Or does it not count because the labeling you choose to identify with is even more of an outlier than the one you identified me with?  I think that's how the media wants us to behave right now, please correct me if I'm wrong.... white males get no voice anymore cuz.... we're all white supremacists and entitled.  Is that right?  Oh no wait, only the white males who voted for Trump are racist white supremacists and entitled.  Certainly not all my liberal white male friends with college degrees and 6 figure jobs... no, they can't be racist because they voted Biden.  Wow, that was easy!!

All I can say to all you huddlers who think I'm wrong or that I'm way off base or whatever.... Learn about history.  Learn about fractional reserve banking.  Learn about government tyranny.  Learn to think critically again.  Unite with your brothers and sisters and ignore the media.  Turn off your TVs!!  Limit your cell phone use to under an hour a day.  Take your shoes off and feel your feet touch the earth.  Remove yourself from electronics periodically and get in tune with nature.  Humans in general (there are exceptions of course) are kind, loving souls who just want a peaceful easy life.  Unfortunately, the people we call leaders in this world are mainly comprised of psychopaths.  The few people who are born as psychos usually find themselves in positions of power while the rest of us 98% only crave life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  Don't let the 2% of psychopaths dictate the future course of humanity.  We can win but only if we UNITE.  United we stand, divided we fall.  I will not be replying to anymore posts in this thread.

First off, learn the the basic terminology. Being trans isn't a sexual preference. Do better. What I'm asking is that you use the privilege that you have to be an ally to the marginalized.

10 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I find it interesting that just 24 hours before that game during SNF long weather delay they talked about it and Mike Tirico said he knew Gruden well during those years they were doing MNF together and never saw or heard anything that indicated Gruden behaved like that. Well seems it was pretty pervasive, and I doubt he only did it via email, just that is where most of the proof existed. Maybe he hid it more in public, or people were just afraid to speak out against Chucky and have him get angry. 

I wonder how much they paid him to let him go away, wasn't he given something like a 10 year $100 million contract?

Like they say... The truth shall set you free 😅