[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bier

Chief Dick

4 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Oh the SF Baseball Giants, I was trying to figure how the guy in Sonoma County CA got invited to attend an NFL game in Philly.

I was lost too. I didn't think there was another Giants fan on Huddle. :lol:

Game 5 vs the dodgers.  

both parents are originally from New York.  Dad was a Brooklyn dodgers fan until they moved to sf in 72. 

I had season tix until I moved to Colorado in 01.  Harder to get into the city these days

12 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Game 5 vs the dodgers.  

both parents are originally from New York.  Dad was a Brooklyn dodgers fan until they moved to sf in 72. 

I had season tix until I moved to Colorado in 01.  Harder to get into the city these days

As the Giants fan now in Southern California, I desperately need the Giants to win so that I can have bragging rights. Having to put up with another year of Dodger fan without being able to say their title gets an asterisk will be difficult.

Fan of 2 baseball teams - the Giants, and whomever is playing the Dodgers

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Shaft said:

I was lost too. I didn't think there was another Giants fan on Huddle. :lol:

@RodneyRules is your huckleberry

also, i'm slowly becoming a dodger fan of sorts... easy to root for when they're on TV so much and you have a ton of friends who are dodger fans (and another group who are giants fans... so lots of poo-talking).

go dodgers!

6 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

Game 5 vs the dodgers.  

I think both the Brooklyn Dodgers and New York Giants moved to LA and SF respectively in 1957. And the NY "Football" Giants replaced them later, not sure if they came from anywhere before coming to NY 

2 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I think both the Brooklyn Dodgers and New York Giants moved to LA and SF respectively in 1957. And the NY "Football" Giants replaced them later, not sure if they came from anywhere before coming to NY 

we moved to San Francisco in 72.

2 minutes ago, MTSuper7 said:

check swing strike call was :nutkick:

yeah, but not the reason why they lost.  They did not take advantage of early opportunities.  It was a a great game for those who like NL ball.  Very disappointing after a wonderful season...not to give webb's effort the run support on a well pitched game.

11 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

yeah, but not the reason why they lost.  They did not take advantage of early opportunities.  It was a a great game for those who like NL ball.  Very disappointing after a wonderful season...not to give webb's effort the run support on a well pitched game.

+1

Multiple runners on in each of the first two innings, with nothing to show for it, cost them.  That said, the check swing call was horrible.  Bad enough that he shouldn't be umping post-season again.  Seriously.  It wasn't close, and even if it WAS close, you don't call that unless it's clearly a swing.  On top of that, the called third strike to Wade was questionable at best.  Hanging breaking balls close to the letters are called balls nine times out of ten.  That was the at-bat that the Giants needed to make something happen, because let's be honest.... Flores wasn't likely to touch Scherzer (0-17 lifetime).  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

That ump hanging Bryant out to dry on all those strikes balls outta the zone got my blood boiling.

9 minutes ago, Gopher said:
5 minutes ago, Chief Dick said:

That ump hanging Bryant out to dry on all those strikes balls outta the zone got my blood boiling.

10 minutes ago, Gopher said:

+1

Multiple runners on in each of the first two innings, with nothing to show for it, cost them.  That said, the check swing call was horrible.  Bad enough that he shouldn't be umping post-season again.  Seriously.  It wasn't close, and even if it WAS close, you don't call that unless it's clearly a swing.  On top of that, the called third strike to Wade was questionable at best.  Hanging breaking balls close to the letters are called balls nine times out of ten.  That was the at-bat that the Giants needed to make something happen, because let's be honest.... Flores wasn't likely to touch Scherzer (0-17 lifetime).  

completely agree with both of you