[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kliff Kingsbury tested positive for COVID

Big John

Per Sports Illustrated,

Filling in for Kingsbury will be defensive coordinator (and former Denver Broncos head coach) Vance Joseph, as well as assistant head coach and special teams coordinator Jeff Rogers.  As for who will be calling plays, that remains up in the air.2 hours ago  :unsure:

2 hours ago, Shaft said:

Ugghhhh... of course I own Murray and Nuk in one of my high stakes league. 

:kicksrock:

I have Nuk in two leagues.

Kind of nervous. Don't know who's calling the plays.

1 hour ago, Wolverines Fan said:

I have Nuk in two leagues.

Kind of nervous. Don't know who's calling the plays.

Still think he's a top 10 play at WR. 

3 hours ago, Shaft said:

Ugghhhh... of course I own Murray and Nuk in one of my high stakes league. 

:kicksrock:

Think you're good in both cases.  Murray is top 5 and Nuk top 10, imo. 

8 hours ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Per Sports Illustrated,

Filling in for Kingsbury will be defensive coordinator (and former Denver Broncos head coach) Vance Joseph, as well as assistant head coach and special teams coordinator Jeff Rogers.  As for who will be calling plays, that remains up in the air.2 hours ago  :unsure:

I heard the QB coach also tested positive and won't be there. I remember the Browns went thru this last year, for the playoff game in PIT Stefanski as well as several other coaches were out and a chunk of their WR group missed another game late in the season. Story below speculates play calling will fall on running game coach Sean Kugler will do that, also says he has never called the plays. 

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/10/16/kliff-kingsbury-two-other-coaches-out-for-cardinals-matchup-with-browns/

"It is believed that Sean Kugler, the team’s run game coordinator and offensive line coach, will call plays."

I guess this is a bit of good news for Browns fans after hearing Chubb would be out. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

I don't think it will be as big of a deal as made out to be offensively. Murray has a lot of freedom to change plays, improvise, etc. Matchups and time management may be an issue but I'd doubt it. This is still going to be Kingsbury's game plan even from a far. The playbook doesn't change. 

Maybe, but I remember when the Saints lost a lot of their coaching staff for a weekend. That team was completely dysfunctional. 

1 hour ago, Shaft said:

Maybe, but I remember when the Saints lost a lot of their coaching staff for a weekend. That team was completely dysfunctional. 

I don't see how it isn't a big deal, you lose your offensive guru, and have somebody who has never called plays at any level taking over. Murray is still young, he can improvise and whatever but somebody has to call the plays and make adjustments.

Not sure why LC is convinced its no big deal. 

9 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Perhaps you should read my quote. 

"Made out to be". Of course it's a deal. Remember, the Saints were in a new offense with a new QB

I would tend to agree with this. Winston isn’t (or isn’t allowed to be) the QB he was in the past, and honestly I think the Saints suffer from that currently, but without the coaches in place it just made it worse. I would expect the effect on Murray and the Cardinals would be less, as Kyler has run that offense well for a couple of years and I would  suspect is given more freedom to call plays. 

On 10/16/2021 at 2:34 PM, stevegrab said:

I don't see how it isn't a big deal, you lose your offensive guru, and have somebody who has never called plays at any level taking over. Murray is still young, he can improvise and whatever but somebody has to call the plays and make adjustments.

Not sure why LC is convinced its no big deal. 

Say what Steve? 

Good thing it "was a big deal" huh Steve? Otherwise The Cardinals would of dropped 60 on your beloved Browns. 

13 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Say what Steve? 

Good thing it "was a big deal" huh Steve? Otherwise The Cardinals would of dropped 60 on your beloved Browns. 

Ahh never miss a chance to kick somebody when they're down, what a great guy you are.  :moon:  There change at center seemed to be a bigger deal than any missing coach.

Yes the Browns looked like the team without their head coach, what a miserable performance, and with more injuries now Hunt possibly out, and we play on a short week. And of course my fantasy team lost (no swapping Heinicke for Baker didn't cause it, a complete group effort of horrid performances all across the team save for Josh Jacobs with a nice showing. The only player to break double digits, just a bit over 60 points from 9 total slot, and on a day when I faced Lamar who didn't do much. Oh but he had Henderson and Hopkins.