[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are you hurt by week #7 bye?

gijoerock

No I am not hurt in week 7, losing a starting WR and my backup TE.....

Oh wait this was a veiled advice thread.....don't trade your stars to cover bye week, you knew (or should have) this was coming when you drafted.  I have Wilson and Chris Carson as planned starters both with week 9 bye, I also have Hunt, OBJ, Adams on bye week 13. I tried to plan and not have my backup QB/TE with the same bye, or too many of my top RB/WR at the same time. 

Some actually plan to have as many on bye in one week as possible and just accept they'll be understaffed and more likely to lose, but solid in other weeks where their opponents won't be.

Edited by stevegrab

I knew this was coming when the draft was conducted. I grabbed the best available players when my number was called. Often we want to gather strategic feedback from the forum to ensure the right approach is taken to secure a victory. Thanks everyone for your opinions.

Edited by gijoerock
Updated

When the NFL first starting doing byes way back when they did 4 teams a week for 8 weeks was nice they went from weeks 4-11.  It sure was nice never 6 teams on a bye and nothing to mess with your playoffs. 

I have a few teams that can barely field a lineup this week starting guys like Gainwell and Felton in some leagues.  Next week is going to be so so bad.

4 minutes ago, Henry Muto said:

When the NFL first starting doing byes way back when they did 4 teams a week for 8 weeks was nice they went from weeks 4-11.  It sure was nice never 6 teams on a bye and nothing to mess with your playoffs. 

I have a few teams that can barely field a lineup this week starting guys like Gainwell and Felton in some leagues.  Next week is going to be so so bad.

Same. My starting RBs in one league are Herbert and Murray.:unsure:

15 hours ago, Henry Muto said:

Yes it was nice that they tried harder to not have more than 4 teams on bye at a time. Not sure when they started, but definitely before there were 32 teams, as they has byes back in the 90s before the Browns moved to Baltimore (30 teams).  I know that when the Texans joined there were an odd number of teams for a year or two, requiring at least one team to be on bye in each week. Not sure how we dealt with it in fantasy football, with players on bye during playoff games. 

They're only doing 6 teams once this year (next week) and 2 teams 3 times (including Thanksgiving where having teams on byes really dilutes the games slate with 3 games on Thanksgiving.