[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Players going both ways in modern NFL?

FinishTheDrill

42 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Nothing special besides gimmick plays. I believe Adoree Jackson made an attempt at both sides. But there are no Deion Sanders in the league right now.

I don't remember that, but checked and Jackons (TEN CB) had 12 offensive snaps in 2017, looks to be mostly a few games in the middle of the season.

I know there are some DL who have appeared in jumbo packages as a FB or extra OL, and I know some receivers may occasionally get put in the EZ for hail mary plays. But nothing regular that I can recall. Online search turned up an article talking about Mike Evans playing CB after doing so in the Pro-Bowl, and identified Chuck Bednarick as the last two way player (not sure how Deion gets ignored in that).  Anyway Evans played 4 snaps on defense, the last in 2018 (so his dream/plan of going both ways and never coming off the field in 2019 didn't materialize).

31 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

In 2020 Baltimore Ravens fullback and defensive lineman Patrick Ricard

You found the right player, but you're off on the year, it was 2017-2019 where he played some on defense, including 140 in 2019, 14% of the season total. Played nearly half the snaps in a game against the Browns. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RicaPa00.htm#snap_counts

more about Patrick the two/three way player

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/ravens/2020/01/10/baltimore-ravens-patrick-ricard-two-way-player/2844028001/

:pc: 

• Like 1