[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wtf happened to Herbert?

1fastdoc

14 hours ago, DMD said:

Just a flat performance by all the Chargers. Not to take anything from the homefield Ravens, but this looked like a trash/throw-away game by the Chargers.

I think the Ravens looked for real on defense and every team in the AFC should be worried about them. 

13 hours ago, League_Champion said:

??? The Ravens are like the 18th ranked defense. 

Based on yards allowed sure, which is a crappy single measurement of a defense. Which far too many people do, and the media feeds that by using it regularly to tell us how good a defense is. Sure not giving up yards is good, but I think points allowed are of equal importance, as are many other stats about a defense. 

The Broncos were a highly ranked defense before the Browns backups had their way with them to the tune of almost 200 yards rushing. So how about we compare the two

BAL  yards allowed-18 points allowed-8 turnovers-21

DEN  yard allowed-8 points allowed-21, turnovers-22 (both teams have 6)

That's basically a swap of yards/points allowed position, which defense would you rather have, based on what you've seen of them, do the stats change that?

You're always saying you have football knowledge and many of us don't know squat, so why are you parroting media style defensive rankings? 

* These stats may be skewed some by number of games played.

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Did I say that? I'm just stating facts, the Ravens Defense sucks. 

Yes you often tell people here "if you believe that you don't know anything about football." Lets not pretend that you don't act like some superior football mind on here.

As for the Ravens defense sucking, that is just your opinion, not really based on any facts. And if they suck so do about 20 other NFL teams. (Maybe all teams suck except the SB winner, that's it  :bash:)

6 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I win bitch! And I've won a lot of people in here a lot of money as well. Don't hate on me Scooter Boy, I can help you win to. 

I need you to help my win.  If I take 1st place in my league I'll send you $100.

33 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Or both 

Not sure if you saw the game, but honestly early in the game the Ravens were holding them, and I was laughing, yes what a bad defense. Bengals drove a bit then had to punt, drove a 2nd time but had to settle for a long FG try. Then 2 three and outs before the big TD to Uzomah, that was midway in Q2 and they scored on the next 3 possessions putting the game out of reach. 

Since I called you out I felt I should come back and acknowledge you were right. 

Edited by stevegrab

6 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Not sure if you saw the game, but honestly early in the game the Ravens were holding them, and I was laughing, yes what a bad defense. Bengals drove a bit then had to punt, drove a 2nd time but had to settle for a long FG try. Then 2 three and outs before the big TD to Uzomah, that was midway in Q2 and they scored on the next 3 possessions putting the game out of reach. 

Since I called you out I felt I should come back and acknowledge you were right. 

How good is Chase? I love watching him. 

34 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

How good is Chase? I love watching him. 

He is very good, and you can tell that Burrow loves having him, and will rely on him when he need a big play. 

Former Browns DL Larry Ogunjowbi signed with them this year, and according to some of their key players on defense he has been a huge change for them, a motivator and somebody who has made a massive impact. He was expendable as the Browns had other players on the roster and coming in thru FA.