[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

D'Earnest cleared waivers; something I don't know?

8rattoon

15 minutes ago, 8rattoon said:

In my 12-team .5 PPR league that starts 2 RBs, a flex and a superflex, D'Earnest Johnson somehow cleared waivers so I dropped Mattison and snagged him.

He is the presumptive starter this week, right? Am I missing something here?

He is but he'll be splitting time. He's definitely worth a flex spot IMO 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, 8rattoon said:

My RB situation is rough...would you start him over Latavius and McKissic?

I see Johnson ahead of Murray but neck and neck with McKissic and would start McKissic over Johnson in a PPR.

• Like 3

Teams are playing a 6-2 vs the Browns, Johnson could have some tough sledding this week vs that Denver D. Especially with Mayfield under center. They will stack the box until he proves he can still throw

Jarvis Landry is the heart and soul of that Offense, he’s like Mayfield security blanket. 

Keep an eye on the injury report before the game. 

Baker Mayfield QB (Q, Shoulder)

Jarvis Landry WR (Q, Knee)

Nick Chubb RB (O, Calf)

Kareem Hunt RB (IR, Calf)

Odell Beckham Jr WR (Q, Shoulder)

David Njoku TE (Q, Knee)

Jack Conklin OL (Q, Ankle)

Jedrick Wills OL (Q,Ankle)

JC Tretter OL (Q)

Chris Hubbard OL (IR)

Andy Janovich FB (IR, Hamstring)

Nick Harris OL (IR)

Drew Forbes (IR, Knee)

Joel Bitonio OL and Wyatt Teller OL are only Browns offensive starters that don’t carry an injury designation. 

That doesn’t include the 10 defensive players that carry a designation 

If 2 of the offensive line play (Tretter, Conklin, Wills) I would start Johnson. Anything less than that and I would look at another option. I could see this easily becoming a breakout game for Felton because of his pass catching 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, 8rattoon said:

In my 12-team .5 PPR league that starts 2 RBs, a flex and a superflex, D'Earnest Johnson somehow cleared waivers so I dropped Mattison and snagged him.

He is the presumptive starter this week, right? Am I missing something here?

Browns have already named him the starter, rookie RB Demetric Felton will also play more, but he's more the receiving back. You'll see him line up and run around a lot then maybe go for a swing pass. I would expect they try to run early, but they'll need more healthy OL to be effective. And an injured Baker isn't scaring anybody right now. 

Good info from PotentialNobody, this team is a mess right now with injuries. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, 8rattoon said:

Well, crap. I hate these Thurs night games.

I like him more than Murray this week but I'm not sure about McKissic.

I feel for you, I have OBJ in there and need to be ready to pull him if he doesn't play or the situation looks really ugly (no Baker, Landry, OL injuries) and then possibly replace my 6th WR (Toney who is hurt) to have another starter on Sunday. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Yoyo said:

A qb that can throw, maybe that will open up running room.

I love Mayfield, he needs this...he hasn't looked right since the injury and there's apparently more to it than just a torn labrum 

I agree, Keenum had a great year in Minnesota with Stefanski as his QB coach. Now maybe teams wont play a 6-3 like they have been vs the Browns

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PotentialNobody said:

I love Mayfield, he needs this...he hasn't looked right since the injury and there's apparently more to it than just a torn labrum 

I agree, Keenum had a great year in Minnesota with Stefanski as his QB coach. Now maybe teams wont play a 6-3 like they have been vs the Browns

So you think this could improve Johnson's outlook?

Just now, FinishTheDrill said:

theoretically.

I dropped Booker and added Johnson, but both he and felton cleared waivers easily.   hmmmm.            fwiw, McKissic didnt.  Nor Ertz.

I find it strange. I've never seen RB as barren in any league as it is in my 12-teamer right now, AND it's bye week hell, and they both cleared. 

Starting to second-guess myself!

5 minutes ago, PotentialNobody said:

Looks like a windy, rainy game. 

Landry will play, looks like only 1 OL will be out. 

Im rolling with D’Earnest Johnson tonight 

Still trying to figure out if OBJ will play.  Curious where did hear that Landry "will play".  I'm trying to look for news but will probably pull OBJ from my line-up when I quit work at 5, then check inactive list around 7PM to see what it says. If the OL is as you say, and Landry is active, I'll give OBJ the start (otherwise I'm off to the waivers to find a replacement for Toney who is doubtful this week). I thought 6WRs would be enough, but have 2 on bye and the injuries.

9 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Still trying to figure out if OBJ will play.  Curious where did hear that Landry "will play".  I'm trying to look for news but will probably pull OBJ from my line-up when I quit work at 5, then check inactive list around 7PM to see what it says. If the OL is as you say, and Landry is active, I'll give OBJ the start (otherwise I'm off to the waivers to find a replacement for Toney who is doubtful this week). I thought 6WRs would be enough, but have 2 on bye and the injuries.

As much as I despise citing Cabot as a source 

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/10/jarvis-landry-and-jedrick-wills-jr-expected-to-face-the-broncos-odell-beckham-jr-still-has-a-chance-browns-insider.html?outputType=amp

34 minutes ago, PotentialNobody said:

Thanks, not an MKC fan myself, nor a fan of cleveland.com and their ever increasing number of stories that are "subscriber only", often without making that clear until you open and start reading. 

I was hoping the full 2 weeks off would allow Wills to get back on the field, you could tell the running game was in trouble Sunday due to the OL injuries. 

1 hour ago, matchu said:

Cheers to all that started Johnson last night! 

The guy in our league who picked him up started him as well, over Edmonds and McKinnon, he has Kamara as his other starter and Barkley out with the injury (PLUS Browns Felton). I was right behind him on waivers and if I had got him I'd have likely played him over Booker, my only other healthy RB (Hunt, Carson, Dam Williams). 

7 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

The guy in our league who picked him up started him as well, over Edmonds and McKinnon, he has Kamara as his other starter and Barkley out with the injury (PLUS Browns Felton). I was right behind him on waivers and if I had got him I'd have likely played him over Booker, my only other healthy RB (Hunt, Carson, Dam Williams). 

He looked really good, he always does when he gets a shot. He's just always been buried on depth charts. 

9 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

He looked really good, he always does when he gets a shot. He's just always been buried on depth charts. 

Like I said the one game he played a big roll in last year at Dallas he played really well, splitting the load with Hunt

Johnson 13-95-0  Hunt 11-71-2   Chubb got injured that game, he had 6-43 before that

He even looked a bit like Hunt on the sideline last night, with the hair and the beanie. HIs post game interview was funny, you could tell he wasn't prepared to be in front of the camera, Erin Andrews gushing over his performance while he thanks God and his team for believing in him. I heard LeBron mentioned him in a tweet after the game, and he was super impressed, and made sure to retweet as one his teammates suggested in the locker room. Wonder how many GMs are calling the Browns this morning asking about a trade (which we'd be stupid to do until both Chubb and Hunt are 100%, likely after the trade deadline).