[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle in Decline

PhillyCheeze

Has anyone else noticed the decline in The Huddle’s advice & player rankings over the past 2 seasons?  I have been a subscriber for 10 seasons or so.  Never missed playoffs until past 2 seasons. Of the 10 players in my league, 3 use the Huddle.  We are all in the the bottom 5, and we’re last year as well.  Considering cancelling.

The player rankings are all done by me since 1997 and there's no different effort on my part or results that I have been aware about. There will always be players  that do not perform to expectations for a variety of reasons and someone will end up with them. I'd be happy to review your draft or roster.

Been a member since '99.  Love the Game predictions, my favorite article each week.  I will be a member until I am unable to select a lineup on an app.  At that time, my brother has permission to pull the plug on my life support.

There is soooo much data and angles to try to set the best lineup.  Players catch my eye, I use the reports to help a bit.

If you rely on any site, it will disappoint.

Have your own opinion and use the articles to gain angles that you didn't think of.

This is as good a hobby as there is.  If you don't enjoy it, find another.

Sadly, I can draft without a cheatsheet, 365 days of the year.

Love it or leave it.

Better luck ahead.

• Like 1

Haven't subscribed in a few years, couldn't justify the cost as I felt there we free sites that provided similar info. They do a lot of good stuff, and DMD puts in a lot of time on things most other sites won't. 

Reality is that nobody can predict the future, and there seems to be a lot more randomness going on lately to impact the NFL. But when you pay for advice you expect more than when you get it for free. 

We haven't had this discussion with Dorey yet, but a few of us are thinking about having "that" conversation with him and moving him to a home where he will get far more attention and care that we can give him here.

You just never know how fast the decline will be but we want to stop it before Michael Carter gets moved North of 65 total yards and a possible TD.

• Haha 2

I have been coming to the Huddle since it was a free site. I lurked for a few years before I joined the message boards. In my opinion this is by far the best overall Fantasy Football site on the web. There are a couple other free sites that are good but besides that year DMD recommended Willie Green in the first round, 😂, this is by far, the best, most well thought out analysis. So much better than the canned stuff you get from ESPN, or CBS. I think it’s worth the money, if anyone doesn’t agree, there are plenty of other sites out there wanting to take your money. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, No Quarter said:

I have been coming to the Huddle since it was a free site. I lurked for a few years before I joined the message boards. In my opinion this is by far the best overall Fantasy Football site on the web. There are a couple other free sites that are good but besides that year DMD recommended Willie Green in the first round, 😂, this is by far, the best, most well thought out analysis. So much better than the canned stuff you get from ESPN, or CBS. I think it’s worth the money, if anyone doesn’t agree, there are plenty of other sites out there wanting to take your money. 

I think the Willie Green year was the same year as Koren Robinson ranked high.  🤔 

2 hours ago, No Quarter said:

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

I think the Willie Green year was the same year as Koren Robinson ranked high.  🤔 

Browns Willie Green? Or the Wide Receiver?

The fact that you remember William Green (2002-2005) amazes me. It's not that he landed in the substance abuse program, or was always getting injured, but that he missed his second year (that is what you are referring to) when his pregnant wife discovered he was having a baby with another woman and stabbed him that ended his year. In case you wondered, Mr. Green is now a father of eight, seven with his knife wielding wife and they all live together. He is a motivational speaker now. I'm guess since the knife incident, he has been pretty loyal with six more children after that . She probably keeps the knife in the bedside table.

9 minutes ago, DMD said:

The fact that you remember William Green (2002-2005) amazes me. It's not that he landed in the substance abuse program, or was always getting injured, but that he missed his second year (that is what you are referring to) when his pregnant wife discovered he was having a baby with another woman and stabbed him that ended his year. In case you wondered, Mr. Green is now a father of eight, seven with his knife wielding wife and they all live together. He is a motivational speaker now. I'm guess since the knife incident, he has been pretty loyal with six more children after that . She probably keeps the knife in the bedside table.

Yes, I knew him personally when he came to BC. He was very innocent and light hearted, I used to cut his hair for him. It hurt me to see what happened to him, but as you pointed out he definitely turned his life around. 

3 hours ago, MustOfBeenDrunk said:

I find it funny that the OP only has 1 post (this one) and just joined today ??

Not really, I figure a small percentage of those who subscribe to The Huddle are active on the forums. Could be they had an account before, cannot find or remember it. Likewise there are probably a lot of people on the forum that don't subscribe to The Huddle.

41 minutes ago, DMD said:

That's a hell of a story... :shocking:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Yes, I knew him personally when he came to BC. He was very innocent and light hearted, I used to cut his hair for him. It hurt me to see what happened to him, but as you pointed out he definitely turned his life around. 

I'd wager that it hurt him more....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DMD said:

Yes, that Willie Green. I took him in the first round and I took another running back that got arrested. I can’t recall his name. It was a tough year. One starter stabbed and the other in jail. 😂

3 hours ago, No Quarter said:

Yes, that Willie Green. I took him in the first round and I took another running back that got arrested. I can’t recall his name. It was a tough year. One starter stabbed and the other in jail. 😂

Probably Lawrence Phillips or someone like that

• Like 1

I’ve been using this site for several years.  DMD put out a magazine in 2003 or 2004 and a book.  I was hooked, he’s always ahead of the competition.

I believe thehuddle is still the leader, other sites may be catching up.

Dave a longtime fan from Canada.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, squirrelmastr21 said:

DMD had Mike Williams ranked higher than anyone else this year. If you listened to him on that piece of advice alone your team should be decent.

Yeah, nobody had him high. I had him ranked 40th. Where did DMD have him?