[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Las Vegas Raiders

gijoerock

Mayock is the biggest problem for the Raiders.  He is downright terrible.  Raiders need to dump this obsolete relic.  Doesn't matter much who the HC is with a GM like that.  

Caveat:  Perhaps all the bone-head decisions were not really Mayock but Gruden influenced?  In that scenario, the above might be incorrect, but nevertheless color me unimpressed with EVERYTHING Mayock has done.  He sucks.

Gruden/Mayock draft picks:

2018:

Rd 1: Kolton Miller (best pick of the regime - just extended w/big contract)

Rds 2 & 3: No picks (don't remember why, but that sucks)

2019:
three round 1 picks: Cleland Ferrell, Josh Jacobs, Jonathan Abram

Ferell a colossal bust and has been inactive.  I'm not a fan of RBs and safeties in rd 1 to begin with, but Jacobs has actually panned out decently, although at a premium cost in rd 1 for his production. Look, I'm a Jets fan, so safeties in round 1 I am waaaaay too familiar with.  ten Commandments of GM: Never use a 1st round pick on a safety.  Ever. No exceptions. Use round 1 ONLY for premium positions.

2020:

two round 1 picks result in: Ruggs and CB Damon Arnett 

ugh.  Ruggs taken too early. Ruggs before Lamb and Jeudy?  The CB was not so good last year and is on IR now.   Bad draft. 

2021:

Leatherwood in round 1.  Was ranked below the top 5, even top 10, for OTs.  Also projected to move inside at G by some.  Projected to go on day 2.  He starts now, but he is soooo overdrafted.  He could have been had later.  Maybe way later.  Oh... they took another safety in rd 2.  Can't get enough of them early in the draft, hmmmmm  Mr. Mayock?.... all while premium positions are filled by others as they laugh at the Raiders.  I know it all too well.  

Edited by Dcat

Gruden may not have been good in the most recent stint, but he was definitely in rare air way back when. Did return on the investment with a trophy (against his former team).

Jon Gruden trade details

• Raiders receive: Two first-round picks; two second-round picks; $8 million
  • Buccaneers receive: Head coach Jon Gruden

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/jon-gruden-trade-raiders-buccaneers/lx7i1j2be78t1k73pnzge6wnn

Not many coach trades in the history of the NFL.

1 hour ago, Riffraff said:

Gruden may not have been good in the most recent stint, but he was definitely in rare air way back when. Did return on the investment with a trophy (against his former team).

Jon Gruden trade details

• Raiders receive: Two first-round picks; two second-round picks; $8 million
  • Buccaneers receive: Head coach Jon Gruden

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/jon-gruden-trade-raiders-buccaneers/lx7i1j2be78t1k73pnzge6wnn

Not many coach trades in the history of the NFL.

True not many coaches are traded, but lets not pretend he built the team that won a Super Bowl, that was Tony Dungy and his staff. They were a regular playoff team and won 10 games 3 times in the 5 years before Dungy left. Gruden's years on TV behaving like a cheerleader (every team had some guy he "really loved" that he'd go on about) had people thinking that is all he is, some motivational guy that can't really coach Xs & Os.