[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mahomes Injured

League_Champion

14 hours ago, gijoerock said:

The Chiefs are horrible in all phases of football while the Titans beat 2 quality teams in a row.

The AFC south is the Titans to lose, though the Colts looked good last night. I think the Chiefs struggle to be above .500, their next 4 include Giants, Packers, @ Raiders & Cowboys. Then their bye, then they have 6 games with Broncos bookending it and LV, @LAC, PIT, @CIN in between. 

Not sure what is wrong with the Chiefs, but its more than one thing, OL play, QB play, lack of a true RB threat, has limited the offense and now the defense is being exposed. 

On 10/25/2021 at 9:06 AM, stevegrab said:

The AFC south is the Titans to lose, though the Colts looked good last night. I think the Chiefs struggle to be above .500, their next 4 include Giants, Packers, @ Raiders & Cowboys. Then their bye, then they have 6 games with Broncos bookending it and LV, @LAC, PIT, @CIN in between. 

Not sure what is wrong with the Chiefs, but its more than one thing, OL play, QB play, lack of a true RB threat, has limited the offense and now the defense is being exposed. 

Yep.  When is the last time CEH took more than 2 passes in a game?  He's a pass catching back by trade.  Very odd.   The OL hasnt blown anyone off the ball or opened a large hole in a long while.  

I think your assessment is on the mark.  

5 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Yep.  When is the last time CEH took more than 2 passes in a game?  He's a pass catching back by trade.  Very odd.   The OL hasnt blown anyone off the ball or opened a large hole in a long while.  

I think your assessment is on the mark.  

I just watched highlights of the game yesterday, on one fumble by Mahomes in Q2 he scrambles, heading towards the sideline area, has a first down and just barely tries to protect the ball (after holding it in one hand arms swinging as he runs) as he is about to get tackled, but seems to do it half ass. The he sits there dejected like a kid who was pounded by a bigger kid. I'm wondering if maybe they expected to just walk thru season and return to the AFC title game or SB after reaching that level the last 3 years and winning 12 games or more each season. Maybe there is still a hangover from losing the SB, or Reid's son's troubles are impacting the team as a whole. But this team is acting like a heavyweight fighter than can no longer punch. 

Is it the OL? We know it was banged up last year in the playoffs and that was a huge impact, Seems like a lot of turnover in the last 2 years

2019 - Erving, Wylie, Reiter, Duvernay-Tardif, Schwartz

2020 - Erving went to CAR, replaced by Fisher, Wylie moves to RG  Allegretti at LG, Reiter remains C, Duvernay-Tardif took the COVID opt out to be a doctor Wylie at RG, Remmers at RT

2021 - Fisher to Colts Orllando Brown Jr takes over, Thuney takes over for Allegreti, Reiter goes to MIA Creed Humphrey at C, Smith takes over for Wylie at RG, Remmers remains at RT

That's a completely rebuilt OL in 2 seasons, and most of last years guys replaced by others. 

At least Bears fans are getting to see some dose of reality of what he would have been if Nagy had him instead of Mitch. Watson too.

Terrible OL's are not the way to play at a high level in the NFL. Some GM's figure that out while others are just idiots like Ryan Pace.

• Like 1