[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drop Tyler Bass for kicker tonight??

My opponent has a 21 point lead, and all I got is Metcalf tonight. I got Bass as my kicker, but since Bills are on bye, I didnt get a chance to switch him out. Now my only option is...Brian Johnson for the Saints (someone already rostered Jason Myers). 

Do I drop one of the consistent kickers so far this season, and risk it all with Johnson? Or hope that Metcalf will blow up tonight? Or just flat out lose? Thanks in advance!

8 minutes ago, Red Storm said:

I guess it depends on overall record.  If I were in your shoes, it seems that you have already been committed to riding it out just as you have it.  If it were later in the season and a playoff spot or top seed were at stake, I may consider dropping Bass.  

Thanks a bunch! Yea, if Metcalf lays an egg tonight, this will be my first loss of the season. I've had to make some tough choices before week 7 (dropped Dawson Knox for Russell Wilson, and dropped Devonta Smith).

9 minutes ago, Yoyo said:

Bass has helped me win a couple of close games. If it's was not Bass or Tucker I would probably drop and stream, but at 6 -0 you should be thinking what will be best for my championship run. Let's hope DK goes off tonight.

Same here! Bass has been having a hell of a season so far. Can only dream that he can replicate what Koo did in 2020. 

Yea for sure, thinking about the long term as well. I was weak in QB, and with Russell Wilson available as a FA, couldn't pass on that opportunity. Hoping Metcalf will do it tonight! 

You could drop Bass for 5-6 points and Metcalf could disappoint and you still end up with the loss and now you lose the #1 kicker.  

This one should just be caulked up as one of those calculated risks of not dropping the kicker and see how it plays out and not over think it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Red Storm said:

You could drop Bass for 5-6 points and Metcalf could disappoint and you still end up with the loss and now you lose the #1 kicker.  

This one should just be caulked up as one of those calculated risks of not dropping the kicker and see how it plays out and not over think it. 

You're right. Just have to see how this folds out tonight, and hope for the best. If not, at least I would know that I didn't act out of impulse and lose Bass. 

37 minutes ago, SacksToBeCutler said:

Part of me really wants the W, and drop Bass. Gonna be gut-wrenching come tomorrow morning with the L...

Curious were you thinking you could win without a kicker, or was the plan always to wait for Monday afternoon, see your score and decide if you needed on? Somebody talked about not taking a zero, but it seems to me like you were fine with that, otherwise you'd have made the move when more kickers were available to you. I'm guessing your bench is just too short to have held Bass, the rest of your key players and add a kicker for one week. 

• Like 1

At 6-0 I agree with this

4 hours ago, Yoyo said:

should be thinking what will be best for my championship run.

Just hope Metcalf goes off for 21+.  If not then hope he lays an egg :o, either way would for the most part make the K position points useless and 20/20 hindsight won't have you kicking yourself for the decision.  Then next week and ROS you'll still have a K1 (if there is such a thing) to start

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Curious were you thinking you could win without a kicker, or was the plan always to wait for Monday afternoon, see your score and decide if you needed on? Somebody talked about not taking a zero, but it seems to me like you were fine with that, otherwise you'd have made the move when more kickers were available to you. I'm guessing your bench is just too short to have held Bass, the rest of your key players and add a kicker for one week. 

A little bit of both. With the bye-pocalypse, didnt have many choices since 40% of my roster were off. Had to use with what I have, and yes, roster is stacked. 

Was going back and forth, but ultimately going to just play Metcalf and go with the flow!