[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Devante Adams on COVID list - and Lizard

Big John

mother (the really bad word)er

Lazard is available in my league, Cobb is not. I've already submitted the waiver claim but of course I won and will go from 3rd back to 6-7 or lower on the list. 

Luckily I have Cooper and Marvin Jones back from bye, but I was counting on my WR1 to keep me winning, now I've got to rely on OBJ or find another option on WW.  

Edited by stevegrab

7 hours ago, Jaxfactor904 said:

So who’s the better to have Lazard or Cobb? 

Lazard is on the field a lot more, over 75% of snaps vs 40% for Cobb (Adams-85, MVS-27, St Brown-12). However with all that extra time on the field its only given Lazard 3 more targets than Cobb (21 vs 18).  Let that sink in, we're 7 games in, these guys average 3 and 2.5 targets a game, Adams gets 10. 

I guess based on opportunity (targets) relative to playing time Cobb is better, they both have a decent catch rate and similar yards per reception.

Cobb was gone in my league so I'm going after Lazard, but I'm 7th on waivers, so I'll be scouting some other WR to add.  Right now I have Adams, Cooper, OBJ, Pittman, Marvin Jones, with a banged up Toney waiting to be dropped for somebody better. Not sure there is much out there, and until I lose another WR to injury I should be OK since none of them have byes at the same time. I'm still worse off at RB with Carson and Hunt out, and now this week Jacobs on bye. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Lazard is on the field a lot more, over 75% of snaps vs 40% for Cobb (Adams-85, MVS-27, St Brown-12). However with all that extra time on the field its only given Lazard 3 more targets than Cobb (21 vs 18).  Let that sink in, we're 7 games in, these guys average 3 and 2.5 targets a game, Adams gets 10. 

I guess based on opportunity (targets) relative to playing time Cobb is better, they both have a decent catch rate and similar yards per reception.

Cobb was gone in my league so I'm going after Lazard, but I'm 7th on waivers, so I'll be scouting some other WR to add.  Right now I have Adams, Cooper, OBJ, Pittman, Marvin Jones, with a banged up Toney waiting to be dropped for somebody better. Not sure there is much out there, and until I lose another WR to injury I should be OK since none of them have byes at the same time. I'm still worse off at RB with Carson and Hunt out, and now this week Jacobs on bye. 

Good Intel there! If I was in bi-week hell and needed a WR this week I'd have no problem starting either. I still like Cobb a hair better but both should see a nice uptick with Devante out. 

• Big John changed the title to Devante Adams on COVID list - and Lizard
On 10/25/2021 at 5:34 PM, Shaft said:

These are killer in the guillotine leagues. No pun intended.

I can hear you actually say that out loud while sitting at your desk, laugh about it to yourself and then post it here. 

Edited by irish
  • Haha 1

I heard Lazard landed on the COVID list as a close contact, have not heard that he actually had a positive test. Made me wonder, what other WR on the roster would be close contacts for Adams. 

He went untouched on our waiver run, I suspect others considered it but saw the news. I thought about other GB WRs like Rodgers, but decided to go elsewhere (Gage) for another healthy WR to work thru the loss of Adams. Would be nice if OBJ would provide some value but Cooper, Pittman, Marv Jones will have to do for now. I also considered adding Lions WR Khalif Raymond, he had a big game and is gifted player.