[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calvin Ridley’s value

Finn5033

I’d like to hear some opinions on his value. Those of you who drafted him, how are you feeling about him now. 

Those who don’t have him how do you see his worth?

A guy in one of my leagues put him on the trade block and he was looking for a RB. My WR situation in this league is bad. I have Julio, Odell, Cooks, and Higgins. I’ve been playing Patterson in one of my WR spots. I have Ekeler, Harris, Fournette, Edmonds, and Sanders/Gainwell for RB’s. My problem is I don’t think Ridley is worth any of my top 3 backs because I play all 3 of them weekly. Is it laughable to think Edmonds is enough for Ridley?

Laughable yes, but for the fact that I have Ridley and I would 100/100 never accept that trade.

I payed rd2 picking Ridley which is of course burning me this year since he hasn’t produced, but there’s no chance I’d ever do that.
Given current state and usage, I would probably take him for fournette since fournette seems to be bellcow in TB now. But, with how it’s gone for him, Ridley low value so unless you think that would be a smart play for you, there really isn’t anything indicating you’d be better off having Ridley vs fournette.

I am sure if you really wanted to upgrade and the situation was right you could do fournette+ 1 of your WR and probably get someone who has been better than Ridley this far

36 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

I’d like to hear some opinions on his value. Those of you who drafted him, how are you feeling about him now. 

Those who don’t have him how do you see his worth?

A guy in one of my leagues put him on the trade block and he was looking for a RB. My WR situation in this league is bad. I have Julio, Odell, Cooks, and Higgins. I’ve been playing Patterson in one of my WR spots. I have Ekeler, Harris, Fournette, Edmonds, and Sanders/Gainwell for RB’s. My problem is I don’t think Ridley is worth any of my top 3 backs because I play all 3 of them weekly. Is it laughable to think Edmonds is enough for Ridley?

Name value its laughable but production wise its not laughable at all and I would not give up one of your top 3 rb for ridley 

1 hour ago, Willallenn said:

Laughable yes, but for the fact that I have Ridley and I would 100/100 never accept that trade.

I payed rd2 picking Ridley which is of course burning me this year since he hasn’t produced, but there’s no chance I’d ever do that.
Given current state and usage, I would probably take him for fournette since fournette seems to be bellcow in TB now. But, with how it’s gone for him, Ridley low value so unless you think that would be a smart play for you, there really isn’t anything indicating you’d be better off having Ridley vs fournette.

I am sure if you really wanted to upgrade and the situation was right you could do fournette+ 1 of your WR and probably get someone who has been better than Ridley this far

See that’s the problem. At this point in the season where you drafted a guy doesn’t matter anymore if he’s not producing. That’s why people are going to be stuck with him and hope things change. Cause you’re not getting what you think he’s worth based on pre season expectations.

Fournette is currently way more valuable than Ridley so I would never make that trade straight up right now

to be clear this isn’t directed at you I’m just speaking generally about people who have Ridley. Personally if I had him I’d just hang onto him and hope he turns it around. Cause your not going to get anything for him

Edited by Finn5033

I traded Edmonds for Ridley this week after Edmonds decent outing.  He was wr solid, but hurting at RB with Cmac and Hunts on IR, and this week with Drake on bye. So, sometimes circumstance can net you a trade that otherwise might be a no. Hoping Ridley will pick things up as my wr3. Edmonds hadn't cracked my lineup yet.

25 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

See that’s the problem. At this point in the season where you drafted a guy doesn’t matter anymore if he’s not producing. That’s why people are going to be stuck with him and hope things change. Cause you’re not getting what you think he’s worth based on pre season expectations.

Fournette is currently way more valuable than Ridley so I would never make that trade straight up right now

to be clear this isn’t directed at you I’m just speaking generally about people who have Ridley. Personally if I had him I’d just hang onto him and hope he turns it around. Cause your not going to get anything for him

Yeah 100%. My year is basically shot, because I’ve flown my flag on the Allen Robinson turnaround that has never happened, and he was like a 4/5 RD can’t remember. Ridley picked 2 Rd. So been burnt the whole year. If he doesn’t start getting 18-25 a week there is 0 chance I can make playoffs lol.

I agree as well, if I were you I wouldn’t take fournette for him either.