[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't play any Jets

Dcat

From a Jets fan of 40+ years and I agree:

Top Jets Stats:-

5) Jets just had the worst loss for any team coming off a bye week in the Super bowl era. 

4) In 6 games played, Jets have lead for only 15 mins total, the next team is the winless Lions who have lead for 50 mins.

3) On the 15 first scripted plays (La Floor's scripts that he is so f'ing proud of) the Jets averaged 3.5 yards per play. In the 20 years this stat has been recorded there has never been a team that’s ever averaged less then 4 yards per play.

2) The Jets have been outscored in the first Quarter 44-0. The only other team to do this is the 0-16 Lions.

1) Total Efficiency stat measured in a scale of 0-100. The Jets score is 19 the Winless Lions are scoring 22-100.

This really is the worst team I’ve ever seen.

So comically sad.

Edited by Dcat
  • Haha 1

I think the one that blew my mind is that they didn't get a first down in the first quarter until like Week 5 or 6.  And, if I'm not mistaken, had pretty close to zero passing yards in the first quarter through 4-5 games as well.  :lol:

That said, I may be in a position in one league where I have to start Corey Davis with confidence.  :unsure:

Edit:  Or I guess not, now that he's doubtful to play.  

Edited by Gopher

23 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I'd have no problem starting Michael Carter this week though. He'll get enough touches to be fantasy relevant. 

I'll be surprised if you are not disappointed.  I like Carter.  But I would expect  about 10-12 carries max and 35-45 yards rushing (I'm not counting garbage time though, so you could be right).  I would love to see them get him more involved in the passing game, but the Jets don't have a passing game.  Do not count on him scoring.  La Floor will stick to his scripts even if  he is doing well and he will play Ty Johnson who is scripted for a specific % of series and/or snaps as well as the rookie.   That's what he has been doing.

Do you have other choices instead of Carter?  Just curious who you would be playing him over.  

Edited by Dcat

2 minutes ago, Gopher said:

I think the one that blew my mind is that they didn't get a first down in the first quarter until like Week 5 or 6.  And, if I'm not mistaken, had pretty close to zero passing yards in the first quarter through 4-5 games as well.  :lol:

That said, I may be in a position in one league where I have to start Corey Davis with confidence.  :unsure:

he's hurt and probably won't be active.

In a big enough league with byes (often 4 teams) and injuries every team has some players who are going to be in a lineup. I've got no part of the Jets thankfully, and the few rostered players in our league are not major contributors for any of the teams. 

But how did such a crappy team beat the Titans, who recently plastered the Chiefs (who are apparently are not very good). Appears a big part of that was playing defense in the first half holding TEN to 3 FGs while NYJ got a TD. 

Hmm so there were some Jets worth starting after all?  No way, impossible worst team in all of football....

Carter 15-77-1 9-95-0  that's 20+ points in almost any league  

White 37-45-405-3-2  that's good for 26 in my league (6pt passing TDs 1pt/50yd pass)

Ty Johnson 4-15-0 5-71-1  almost 15 pts with PPR

Crowder 8-84  at least 8, more with PPR

By the way, those 4 players with their points outscored my entire roster by 10-15 points this week (with Booker remaining). 

Food for thought next time somebody declares a team devoid of fantasy starters. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Hmm so there were some Jets worth starting after all?  No way, impossible worst team in all of football....

Carter 15-77-1 9-95-0  that's 20+ points in almost any league  

White 37-45-405-3-2  that's good for 26 in my league (6pt passing TDs 1pt/50yd pass)

Ty Johnson 4-15-0 5-71-1  almost 15 pts with PPR

Crowder 8-84  at least 8, more with PPR

By the way, those 4 players with their points outscored my entire roster by 10-15 points this week (with Booker remaining). 

Food for thought next time somebody declares a team devoid of fantasy starters. 

yep.  Who knew that the Bengals were kind of smoke and mirrors... at least on the defensive side?

The play calling was radically different for the Jets than it had been all season.  Changed everything.  LaFleur took a seat in the booth instead of on the field and it seemed that he called a better game for Mike White than he has for Wilson.  

Go ahead and start Carter.  He's one Jet worth having as is Crowder in a PPR.  Not much more there until Corey Davis comes back.

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1