[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Get ready for no Dak this weekend.

irish

15 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Minnesota was soo poorly coached tonight. They did everything that they could.to lose that game in the last 5 minutes. 

So gross. That was a really pathetic performance and the Zimmer is so conservative it is just dumb sometimes. I think his time is up. He may not get canned after this one, but I think he's going to be done after this year. They had every reason to win this game and couldn't get it done. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wolverines Fan said:

This seems like a different Dallas team.

This was the kind of game they would have lost last year or the year before.

Absolutely, I have felt this way most of the year. I remember when they played both the Giants and Philly, I wasn't even concerned about them winning because I felt and still feel that they're just the superior team.  I haven't felt like that in many previous years.

7 hours ago, purplemonster said:

So gross. That was a really pathetic performance and the Zimmer is so conservative it is just dumb sometimes. I think his time is up. He may not get canned after this one, but I think he's going to be done after this year. They had every reason to win this game and couldn't get it done. 

Agreed, I can’t stand watching this offense. There is too much talent to be this pathetic

Rush's touchdown pass to Cooper, which ended up being the game-winner, was the first touchdown pass in the history of the league where the passer's first name and the receiver's last name, were the exact same name, according to the NFL's research department. Cooper to Cooper. Never happened before.

Incredibly, the Cowboys are also the only team to throw a touchdown pass where the quarterback's last name and the receiver's first name, were the exact same name. Andy Dalton threw a touchdown pass to Dalton Schultz last season -- in a game that was also played against the Vikings. That pass was also a game-winner, as it put the Cowboys ahead 31-28 just inside the two-minute warning. 

The NFL has been around in some form or fashion since 1920, and this has only happened twice -- each of the last two years, with the same two teams, and with four different players, but with each play having the same result. That's just incredible stuff. 

13 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

Is it messed up if I say I picked up Daniel Jones yesterday and dropped him today as my opponent has Dak and no one else at QB on his roster? Mahomes and Cousins are owned elsewhere.  

A Cowboys fan picked up Rush this morning, and Jones is now locked until Wednesday.   He's now stuck with a 0 in the QB spot.  He does have Elliott and Lamb going tonight.  I still have Darrel Williams and G Joseph along with a 47 point lead..  

It is messed up that your opponent wasn't trying harder to be prepared for that situation. You made one move to block him, but left Rush there, then somebody else scooped him up. We rarely see that kind of move since its costs $2 per player added to your roster. 

The Dak owner in our league could have used Tua Sunday, but late Saturday night he dropped somebody to add Rush, then about 7PM yesterday he put Rush into his line-up. This wasn't something that just occurred an hour before kickoff, it was pretty likely even from Friday that Dak was not going to play. 

1 hour ago, irish said:

Rush's touchdown pass to Cooper, which ended up being the game-winner, was the first touchdown pass in the history of the league where the passer's first name and the receiver's last name, were the exact same name, according to the NFL's research department. Cooper to Cooper. Never happened before.

Incredibly, the Cowboys are also the only team to throw a touchdown pass where the quarterback's last name and the receiver's first name, were the exact same name. Andy Dalton threw a touchdown pass to Dalton Schultz last season -- in a game that was also played against the Vikings. That pass was also a game-winner, as it put the Cowboys ahead 31-28 just inside the two-minute warning. 

The NFL has been around in some form or fashion since 1920, and this has only happened twice -- each of the last two years, with the same two teams, and with four different players, but with each play having the same result. That's just incredible stuff. 

Most last names are not commonly used as first names, including many of your most popular last names (Smith, Jones, Johnson, Washington, Williams). 

Don't think I've ever met any Coopers or Daltons in my life. 

Yes it being the same 2 teams involved and the play being a game winning TD is pretty amazing. Just think if Dak wasn't hurt we never see either one. 

Vikings fans, what's the deal with Kirk Cousins...can he not throw down the field anymore?  Or was this just the game plan by the coach?  You got Theilen, Jefferson, and Conklin...seems like you could throw it down the field a bit instead of just dumping it off to the nearest receiver 5 yards deep in the back field.  That worked a bit once or twice during the first part of the game, but the 10 times they tried it in the 2nd half, not so much.

44 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Most last names are not commonly used as first names, including many of your most popular last names (Smith, Jones, Johnson, Washington, Williams). 

Don't think I've ever met any Coopers or Daltons in my life. 

Yes it being the same 2 teams involved and the play being a game winning TD is pretty amazing. Just think if Dak wasn't hurt we never see either one. 

Exactly, the whole thing was nutty!

32 minutes ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

Vikings fans, what's the deal with Kirk Cousins...can he not throw down the field anymore?  Or was this just the game plan by the coach?  You got Theilen, Jefferson, and Conklin...seems like you could throw it down the field a bit instead of just dumping it off to the nearest receiver 5 yards deep in the back field.  That worked a bit once or twice during the first part of the game, but the 10 times they tried it in the 2nd half, not so much.

I haven't watched a ton of Vikings this year but Cousins is skittish with pressure and our OL can be pretty bad, which makes KC nervous bc he can't run. And Klint Kubiak is calling plays and Zimmer is very conservative. If he gets any lead he wants to run the ball. Who knows, they thought they could outlast the Cowboys and just play very conservatively, doesn't need to make a lot of sense, it is just what they do. Cousins can throw downfield fine. Trevon Diggs was locking up Jefferson 

Edited by purplemonster

It seems to be the consensus that Zimmer’s job is on the line this year. At some point you’d think he would realize this conservatives approach isn’t working and they need to open up the offense. Do you really want to go down with pathetic performances like this.

Zimmer needs to be gone.  I like the guy, but he's in way over his head.  Enough is enough.  You get outcoached by McCarthy, it's time to go.  Clock management is terrible, zero killer instinct EVER, and they play to the level of the competition every week.  Cincinnati.... down to the final play.  Arizona, same thing.  Detroit.... yep, you guessed it.  Every game that they've lost this year, except maybe Cleveland, they should have won easily.  Had the opportunity in all of those games to put it away by multiple scores, but didn't.  Instead, they continue to hand games over to the opponent on a silver platter.  It's disgusting.  I'll say it right now.  I'm done watching this crap.  I will not watch another Vikings game this year unless Zimmer is gone.  

Cousins?  Meh... He is what he's always been.  Protect him and give him time and a clean pocket, and he's a top-five QB, in terms of accuracy, completion percentage, QB rating, you name it.  The problem with that is that when you play against better than average D-Lines, and your play-calling is such that Cousins needs time to throw, the Vikings O-Line doesn't stand a chance.  They're outmatched.  And, yeah, when Cousins is pressured, he's not the same guy.  Bad throws, bad decisions, and generally folds like a lawn chair anytime somebody touches him.  So, the expectation that Cousins is going to take them to the promised land, at least with THIS O-Line, is short-sighted.  He'll light up teams with below-average defenses.  But, unless they somehow run a "Brady" offense where they can get the ball out in the first 1.5-2.0 seconds, Cousins is going to struggle under pressure.  

That said, I don't blame Cousins.  I don't blame the O-Line either.  It goes back to coaching.  How do you cruise down the field on your opening drive, like it's a video game, score a touchdown, only to not have another drive that is even close to that effective for the rest of the game?  Yeah, defenses adjust.  So do offenses.  Pathetic.  Happened against Cleveland, and happened again last night.  And, to some extent, it happened against ARI and DET also.  Made things look easy early, then made getting a first down look like solving the Rubik's cube late.  

6 minutes ago, Gopher said:

You get outcoached by McCarthy, it's time to go.

Hey... hey... hey... wait a second there. That's a far as I got, outcoaching McCarthy and beating the Cowboys is a big deal these days!

3 hours ago, irish said:

Game changing 

53 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Zimmer needs to be gone.  I like the guy, but he's in way over his head.  Enough is enough.  You get outcoached by McCarthy, it's time to go.  Clock management is terrible, zero killer instinct EVER, and they play to the level of the competition every week.  Cincinnati.... down to the final play.  Arizona, same thing.  Detroit.... yep, you guessed it.  Every game that they've lost this year, except maybe Cleveland, they should have won easily.  Had the opportunity in all of those games to put it away by multiple scores, but didn't.  Instead, they continue to hand games over to the opponent on a silver platter.  It's disgusting.  I'll say it right now.  I'm done watching this crap.  I will not watch another Vikings game this year unless Zimmer is gone.  

Cousins?  Meh... He is what he's always been.  Protect him and give him time and a clean pocket, and he's a top-five QB, in terms of accuracy, completion percentage, QB rating, you name it.  The problem with that is that when you play against better than average D-Lines, and your play-calling is such that Cousins needs time to throw, the Vikings O-Line doesn't stand a chance.  They're outmatched.  And, yeah, when Cousins is pressured, he's not the same guy.  Bad throws, bad decisions, and generally folds like a lawn chair anytime somebody touches him.  So, the expectation that Cousins is going to take them to the promised land, at least with THIS O-Line, is short-sighted.  He'll light up teams with below-average defenses.  But, unless they somehow run a "Brady" offense where they can get the ball out in the first 1.5-2.0 seconds, Cousins is going to struggle under pressure.  

That said, I don't blame Cousins.  I don't blame the O-Line either.  It goes back to coaching.  How do you cruise down the field on your opening drive, like it's a video game, score a touchdown, only to not have another drive that is even close to that effective for the rest of the game?  Yeah, defenses adjust.  So do offenses.  Pathetic.  Happened against Cleveland, and happened again last night.  And, to some extent, it happened against ARI and DET also.  Made things look easy early, then made getting a first down look like solving the Rubik's cube late.  

It’s like you were reading my thoughts. Spot on

Same thing again.  It's like watching Groundhog Day.  Play well early (borderline dominate), allow the opposition to keep it close, and give it away in the end.  The Vikings have now lost five games by a total of 18 points, all five of which they led by a touchdown or more at some point.  7-0 vs CIN.  20-7 vs ARI.  7-0 vs CLE.  10-3 vs DAL.  17-3 vs BAL.  How does Dalvin Cook, who rushed for nearly 90 yards in the first quarter, end up with only 110 total?  It's unfathomable, honestly.  

Interesting fact... Going into yesterday, MIN was 3-3 all-time versus BAL.  In the three games that they won, they went to the NFC Championship that season.  In the three that they lost, their head coach was fired that season.  One can only hope that that stat holds true this season.