[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumor- Panthers willing to deal CMC for Watson

irish

1 hour ago, FinishTheDrill said:

I think that this may be less than 100% vetted and true.  I cannot imagine that they would make that trade.  Its inconceivable to do that to the franchise.  CMC is heart and soul.  

Wow.

CMC is injury prone.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shaft said:

CMC is injury prone.

Clearly.  So you grab a fantastic 1b and prolong the health of arguably the best RB and leader/heart the franchise has ever had.  

You dont trade him off for someone with legal troubles and, far more importantly, for someone who refused to play for their team and with their teamates.

No.  This would be a Jersey-Under-The-Stadium level bad ju ju hex on the franchise for a generation.  

Hard pass trading CMC for DW.  

32 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Clearly.  So you grab a fantastic 1b and prolong the health of arguably the best RB and leader/heart the franchise has ever had.  

You dont trade him off for someone with legal troubles and, far more importantly, for someone who refused to play for their team and with their teamates.

No.  This would be a Jersey-Under-The-Stadium level bad ju ju hex on the franchise for a generation.  

Hard pass trading CMC for DW.  

Heart and soul that hasn't consistently played for 2 years??? And is the highest paid running back in the league. (Had the biggest contract when he signed, but I think Zeke and Kamara beat him out now.)

9 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Heart and soul that hasn't consistently played for 2 years??? And is the highest paid running back in the league. (Had the biggest contract when he signed, but I think Zeke and Kamara beat him out now.)

Yes.  People love him. Fans love him.  Once fixed he can be healthy, he is young, you just cant use him like a rented mule.  He's not D Henry or Cook.   Use him like Hunt and he'll be lethal and far less injury prone due to reduced every-down abusage.   

I dont dislike getting DW as a QB in the least, but moving CMC to do it imo, no.   

1 hour ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Yes.  People love him. Fans love him. Once fixed he can be healthy, he is young, you just cant use him like a rented mule.  

That's exactly what athletes are, rented bodies. And he's the top paid RB this year and NOT playing again. Once those RB injuries start stacking up, they rarely go away. How many years does he have left vs Watson? Imagine what Watson could do with DJ Moore, Robby Anderson, and Marshall. 

3 minutes ago, Shaft said:

That's exactly what athletes are, rented bodies. And he's the top paid RB this year and NOT playing again. Once those RB injuries start stacking up, they rarely go away. How many years does he have left vs Watson? Imagine what Watson could do with DJ Moore, Robby Anderson, and Marshall. 

I agree. It's getting painfully obvious that this is what CMC is. This is going to be his career. 

Yeah everybody likes CMC, both as a guy and FF stud. But RB shelf life is as short as it gets. QB's touch the ball every play, last a lot longer, and a good one or bad one makes or breaks you. There is a reason few people are willing to pay RB's, you don't need a standout to win a SB and they don't last long. I personally think RB's get screwed but that's just the way it is. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Nice rumor but not happening. Legal issues aside I think it would take much more than an often injured RB for Watson

You should probably read the linked stories so you're better informed on what the offer is, it is not CMC straight up for Watson, it was reported as "3 high draft picks plus CMC". 

I agree it probably isn't happening, for a multitude of reasons including the legal troubles and pending potential suspension. Watson also has a no trade clause, and I don't recall him saying he'd to go the Panthers, in fact the Dolphins seem to be the only one he has said would be OK.

I think the media is creating (or being fed) these stories. But hey on a day when the NFL isn't playing anything can occupy the NFL discussions.