[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Derrick Henry

Kayteeohh33

14 hours ago, gilthorp said:

Foot surgery is no fun. 2 months my ass. Took me 6 weeks to get out of a boot.

Are you a 27 year old athlete in top physical condition with access to the best medical care there is? 

Always find it odd when average guys (usually much older and in worse shape than the athletes) tell us how long it took them to recover. 

He won't return for fantasy purposes, and probably not even for NFL playoffs. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

FA waiver recommendation here recommends spending anything you have left to get him.  I suppose it depends how bad you need a RB.  IMO, desperate times call for desperate measures.   I personally wouldn't break the bank on a 36 year old RB who hasn't seen game action in almost a year.   But given the opportunity, he could win you your season..  Total crapshoot.  

Right and some owners are pretty desperate. I didn't lose a guy like Henry or CMC, or even Barkley but I have lost Carson (4 games), Hunt (2 games), Jacobs(2) those were then guys I expected to be starting. Not Damien Williams, Davontae Booker and David Johnson. The first 2 were not bad and I lucked into them on waivers when the starter was out. I'll try for AP but with #5 slot I doubt I get him so I'll target a few others as I need some help, Penny and DJ are nearly worthless and Booker will be the same once Barkley is back. 

Will be interesting to see how many people drop him or wait and see. If it is me I am probably dropping him because 8 weeks is week 16. That would be a Herculean effort and they aren't likely to be rushing him back week 17, 18 to grind him down if they are going to the playoffs and pretty much all fantasy seasons are done week 17. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Will be interesting to see how many people drop him or wait and see. If it is me I am probably dropping him because 8 weeks is week 16. That would be a Herculean effort and they aren't likely to be rushing him back week 17, 18 to grind him down if they are going to the playoffs and pretty much all fantasy seasons are done week 17. 

Only worth holding in a keeper/dynasty. Even there it could depend on ability to keep him again and the cost, roster size, IR slot etc. I'll pounce if he is dropped in my keeper. 

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Are you a 27 year old athlete in top physical condition with access to the best medical care there is? 

Always find it odd when average guys (usually much older and in worse shape than the athletes) tell us how long it took them to recover. 

He won't return for fantasy purposes, and probably not even for NFL playoffs. 

Why yes stevegrab I am.

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:
17 hours ago, gilthorp said:

Always judging people.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

LOL, damn.   In my fantasy football notepad I had scribbled from week 5:   "derrick henry wont finish the season.  Pick up Darryton?"

The prediction was prescient, though the advice to self was perhaps misguided. 

FWIW, I have the same for Kamara/ TonyJones Jr, who blike Darryton  is also now injured.  

hmmm....

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2021 at 12:48 AM, purplemonster said:

So how excited is everybody over Adrian Peterson? I'm guessing he'll do okay I wouldn't get my hopes up though. You never know with AP though he could surprise you.

He was cut today.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Not over yet, 11 carries for 16 yards and a TD. Hey it pays the bills

I was reading something about Rashad Penny and it mentioned splitting carries with Adrian Peterson, guess being out of the playoff hunt and caring about the latest "guy who is getting his shot" I totally missed that news.

Pretty sad for Penny that the new kid on the block gets more carries despite playing in 10+ fewer plays.