[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Henry Ruggs

Kayteeohh33

Hope everybody involved is OK.  "Early morning" according to one report was 3:40AM local time. 

And apparently everyone is not OK, seeing there was at least one fatality according to story below, and Ruggs condition is not known

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/3983473/las-vegas-raiders-henry-ruggs-car-accident/

This is one huge downside to having 22-year-old multi-millionaires living in Las Vegas. Not that every NFL city doesn't have a robust night life, but I cannot imagine what it must be like when those guys go out at night.

4 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

UBER

There's no street cred if you're not driving your half million dollar car and crashing it.

Everybody remember Donte Stallworth

I was hoping it wasn't something like this, but it seems that people don't learn, I guess youthful exuberance wins out of over some kind of rational lifestyle. 

3 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I bet everyone posting can afford a taxi

And many of us have probably driven drunk more than a few times. I know I have, but not in a long time, especially after a DUI stop and some later trouble with the law. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

38 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

And many of us have probably driven drunk more than a few times. I know I have, but not in a long time, especially after a DUI stop and some later trouble with the law. 

I would hope that many of the people on this forum aren't that much of an idiot to drive drunk. I hope you are seriously not trying to justify drunk driving by saying everyone does it.

Don't try to justify your poor life choices by saying everyone does it.

Edited by nyjets18
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Absolutely not!  That's just pure stupidity, especially in this day and age with all the options out there.  Life is to short and too important!

Good riddance Ruggs!

just tragic. And avoidable.  Prayers to the family and friends of the deceased.  

Ruggs main objective now is to avoid prison.  As for NFL, he's done for the short term and probably forever. 

The whole thing makes me very sad.

21 minutes ago, nyjets18 said:

I would hope that many of the people on this forum aren't that much of an idiot to drive drunk. I hope you are seriously not trying to justify drunk driving by saying everyone does it.

Don't try to justify your poor life choices by saying everyone does it.

I'm 57 and grew up in a different era than now, many people drove after drinking, and I would think that goes for huddle forum members in that age group, based on interactions with many here over the years. This is not a forum full of choir boys last time I checked. 

I am not trying to justify anything so just chill out. I'm just saying that it used to be pretty common, if you don't believe me ask somebody with more life experience. 

10 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I'm 57 and grew up in a different era than now, many people drove after drinking, and I would think that goes for huddle forum members in that age group, based on interactions with many here over the years. This is not a forum full of choir boys last time I checked. 

I am not trying to justify anything so just chill out. I'm just saying that it used to be pretty common, if you don't believe me ask somebody with more life experience. 

62.  As far as I can remember, drunk driving has always been a serious crime.  It has always been harshly punished wherever I have lived (I grew up in Queens, NYC).  I remember M.A.D.D. being a dominating force against drunk driving.  I remember my family talking about it in the years leading up to my drivers license.   I'd like to say I never have driven under the influence, but there may have been times decades ago when I arrogantly believed I was fine.  But ever since being a dad, that is waaaay gone in the past.

Edited by Dcat

5 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Honestly Steve, I don't care about the era, or how common it was, it was dumb then and it's still dumb now. I know it was "different", but it was wrong and I know you're not condoning getting wasted and killing people with your car, no one ever is, but then it happens and it's always avoidable, regardless of time period. 

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

62.  As far as I can remember, drunk driving has always been a crime.  It has always been harshly punished (I grew up in Queens, NYC).  I remember M.A.D.D. being a dominating force against drunk driving.  I remember my family talking about it in the years leading up to my drivers license.   I'd like to say I never have driven under the influence, but there may have been times decades ago when I arrogantly believed I was fine.  But ever since being a dad, that is waaaay gone in the past.

I was part of a student group called S.A.D.D. in high school. When you're young you feel invincible until you have "that experience" where you learn you're not, thankfully for most, life being lost isn't part of the lesson. Unfortunately for too many though, it is. 

Ugghh whatever, you're all totally missing the point or just (the really bad word)ing trolling me. Drunk driving is stupid, people have done stupid things before. 

I've never excused it or said it was acceptable. I said it was more common in the past. 

1 minute ago, gilthorp said:

Always find it odd when average guys (usually much older and in worse shape than the athletes) tell us how it was OK to drive drunk in their day and how cool it was to do so.

I always find it totally (the really bad word)ed up when people twist my words around.  So you can go jump in a lake too. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, scottyjets said:

Sooooooo...

Bryan Edwards or Hunter Renfrow?

Renfrow would be my first choice, especially in PPR.  But Edwards and Zay get a bump up as well. 

Edited by irish

8 minutes ago, irish said:

Renfrow would be my first choice, especially in PPR.  But Edwards and Zay get a bump up as well. 

Raiders fans, I wonder if Gruden is on the phone for WR trades.  Oops... never mind.   :wink:

sorry, could not resist

• Haha 1

• DMD locked this topic