[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Henry Ruggs

Kayteeohh33

10 hours ago, League_Champion said:

That's not coming from me, that's the Law Steve. You're a self proclaimed drunk who's been busted for DUIs. You should know this. 

"If convicted, the first charge ranges in a two to 20-year sentence while the latter sentence carries a one to six-year range". In Nevada 

The law may state that, but you're ASSuming that he will be convicted, pretty sure there still has to be a trial and a conviction before he is sentenced. But apparently you've already decided he's guilty, and has no chance to win. Because you are an expert and KNOW things....no not really, you just like to sound like an authority and speak in absolutes so you come across like a tough guy.

Also, I never said I was busted for DUI, I said "especially after a DUI stop and some later trouble with the law."  A stop, not an arrest, and no DUI on my record. So don't twist my words around. Now go back to being a perfect man with no faults :rolleyes:  

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, nyjets18 said:

I would hope that many of the people on this forum aren't that much of an idiot to drive drunk. I hope you are seriously not trying to justify drunk driving by saying everyone does it.

Don't try to justify your poor life choices by saying everyone does it.

I've had 3 DUIs. No one needs to tell me not to do something 4 times. Sober since 6-16-17

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Because you are an expert and KNOW things....no not really, you just like to sound like an authority and speak in absolutes so you come across like a tough guy.

Only a sith deals in absolutes. :unsure:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, loaf said:

I've had 3 DUIs. No one needs to tell me not to do something 4 times. Sober since 6-16-17

What made the magic number 3 for you?  Why wasn't it 1 or 2 or 5?

As fas as I understand , NFL teams all have driving services available to avoid this kind of thing. I remember reading that . Any time of night or day you could call and they would arrange a ride. I know he could have ubered as well but this was custom made service he could have used .

And I do understand what steve was saying. In this day and age , with every driving service known to man available to you, there is absolutely no reason on earth to drive drunk and I believe DUI #s have decreased significantly with the onset of uber etc . Steve wasnt glorifying or trying to make it cool . Back in that day we did drink and drive . It was ridiculously stupid and completely inexcusable , but a lot of people did it. You took a careless and terrible chance with the well being of others and yourself  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, whomper said:

As fas as I understand , NFL teams all have driving services available to avoid this kind of thing. I remember reading that . Any time of night or day you could call and they would arrange a ride. I know he could have ubered as well but this was custom made service he could have used .

And I do understand what steve was saying. In this day and age , with every driving service known to man available to you, there is absolutely no reason on earth to drive drunk and I believe DUI #s have decreased significantly with the onset of uber etc . Steve wasnt glorifying or trying to make it cool . Back in that day we did drink and drive . It was ridiculously stupid and completely inexcusable , but a lot of people did it. You took a careless and terrible chance with the well being of others and yourself  

Thanks for that, still amazed at how what I said was twisted around.  

7 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Chief Deputy District Attorney Eric Bauman said in court today that former Raiders' WR Henry Ruggs was traveling at 156 MPH before the car crash that left a 23-year-old woman dead, and Ruggs' blood alcohol level was more than twice the legal limit.

Dead man walking ! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Chief Deputy District Attorney Eric Bauman said in court today that former Raiders' WR Henry Ruggs was traveling at 156 MPH before the car crash that left a 23-year-old woman dead, and Ruggs' blood alcohol level was more than twice the legal limit.

Oh my God. Dude just threw away his life. He is so screwed. And he killed that poor lady. What a dumbass. 

16 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

156MPH on a city street :blink: , even a 4-5 lane boulevard with 45MPH speed limit at 4AM in Vegas has traffic. And twice the legal limit is pretty polluted. 

For some perspective, Donte Stallworth was going 50 in a 40MPH zone, was 1.5 times the legal limit, and hit a pedestrian that was crossing outside the cross walk, running out into his path. There were plenty of mitigating circumstances and I recall (and read again when reviewing yesterday) that his attorney felt they may have been able to fight all the charges and get off. But Stallworth felt really bad, and wanted to do the right thing, and plead guilty to a felony. 

Just now, League_Champion said:

Yes!!! You cannot possess a firearm while intoxicated. 

Was talking more in the general sense of requirement to have a permit etc. I would hope it is illegal to carry while intoxicated in all states, but not being a gun owner I'm up on all that. 

And to be clear unlike some states (pretty sure this is the case in Ohio) where you cannot carry in a bar, or drink while carrying, you can in Nevada, up until you exceed the 0.08 BAC limit.

https://www.nevadacarry.org/#:~:text=It is legal to carry,08 BAC (NRS 202.257).

I'm not sure its a huge impact on the charges he faces or the amount of time he's going to spend locked up. 

3 hours ago, loaf said:

no need to get into that

Sorry to hear of whatever happened but respect the boundary setting.

• DMD locked this topic