[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Henry Ruggs

Kayteeohh33

2 hours ago, Shaft said:

Well, I've seen someone get off for worse charges, so we'll wait and see.

Really?  Care to elaborate?  

As for this being a learning moment, remember when high schools used to park a wrecked car in front of the school before prom, homecoming or some other big event where they worried about teens drinking and driving. I wondered if those ever worked, or if kids just laughed. I know I've heard kids react after friends died in accidents, and how they would learn from it, but I wonder if they do. 

I was young once, I remember doing lots of stupid things, stuff I'd chastise young people for today. 

PS  My reaction to Rugg's GF screaming for help is "He (the really bad word)ing killed a woman and her dog, where is the help for them?"

5 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I see what you're saying, but this scene is basically what I expected. You are talking about 2 folks who are driving 157 mph on a 45, drunk, with a loaded gun in the car. And now they are concussed and she has some serious arm injury, probably don't even know WTF they are doing. So I am not surprised by this, maybe I should be shocked but I am not. There were a lot of mistakes that gets you to that place, so a few more don't surprise me. And looking at that car, it is well beyond survivability of any occupants, the car was basically melting. This is an all timer, one of the worst any of us will ever see. Just happened to be an NFL player. A not so prescient opinion is that he will be put behind bars for a long, long time. 

P.S. I agree, it should be shown to all NFL rookies. Not sure how much good it will do, but it will leave an impression for some. 

As for TopGolf, the videos showing them with glasses littering the table for 2 people...not a great look. They might find themselves on the end of this lawsuit too. 

I was seething when I watched that video.  She was fully aware that there was another car engulfed in flames and wanted her "unconcsious" money source to get help.  All while this 23 year old young woman and her Golden Retriever  were being incinerated.  That's what I think.  Ugly, I know.  All the broken hearts from this....  so avoidable.  Sorry for my rants.  I'm having a hard time with it all.  

211104231212-02-tina-tintor-exlarge-169.

One of my friends posted this in a different forum and it has haunted me since I read it:   Just 23 years old with her whole life in front of her, minding her business, driving wherever she was going with her loving dog. The next minute they're both horrifyingly burned alive, unimaginably tortured until life's finally left their bodies. All the things she did and planned, from every test she'd ever studied for and aced, right down to deciding what shoes to wear that day or whether to tie back her hair in ponytail before getting in the car. All of it, all for a future she won't get to live. All she was ever going to be and do; perhaps the mother she would've become; all of it erased.

Prediction:  The Nevada courts are going to make an example of Ruggs.  He's going to get close to the longest sentence.  Now that professional sports is in Vegas, particularly the NFL, they never want this to happen again there.  

Frankly, Las Vegas was a very DUMB place to have an NFL team.  At least half of the attendees are going to be out of towners anyway, and it's a bad place for the young kids coming into the league to be.  

Edited by Dcat

3 hours ago, Shaft said:

Well, I've seen someone get off for worse charges, so we'll wait and see.

Nevada court will make an example of Ruggs.  It has to.  They are now a town with pro sports and lots of young players who are really stupid.

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Really?  Care to elaborate?  

As for this being a learning moment, remember when high schools used to park a wrecked car in front of the school before prom, homecoming or some other big event where they worried about teens drinking and driving. I wondered if those ever worked, or if kids just laughed. I know I've heard kids react after friends died in accidents, and how they would learn from it, but I wonder if they do. 

I was young once, I remember doing lots of stupid things, stuff I'd chastise young people for today. 

PS  My reaction to Rugg's GF screaming for help is "He (the really bad word)ing killed a woman and her dog, where is the help for them?"

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Nevada court will make an example of Ruggs.  It has to.  They are now a town with pro sports and lots of young players who are really stupid.

Look up Ethan Couch. He killed 4 people while driving under the influence. 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

I was seething when I watched that video.  She was fully aware that there was another car engulfed in flames and wanted her "unconcsious" money source to get help.  All while this 23 year old young woman and her Golden Retriever  were being incinerated.  That's what I think.  Ugly, I know.  All the broken hearts from this....  so avoidable.  Sorry for my rants.  I'm having a hard time with it all.  

211104231212-02-tina-tintor-exlarge-169.

Let's see, they just hit another car gong 150+ mph and apparently drunk. And you think they are going to  be aware? You ever been an accident at hi speed? even 70 mph?   I can tell you, from experience, being sober, i didn't give a manure about the other car. I'm not defending him or her at all. But you're being just a tad bit sanctimonious making judgements on how she should act after something so horrific just happened.

1 hour ago, Shaft said:

Look up Ethan Couch. He killed 4 people while driving under the influence. 

Ah yes the "victim" of afluenza, I remember some of that. His age probably played a big part in his extremely light sentence, his affluent parents ma have also influenced it. 

As an aside to that, there was an accident some years ago on a road I commute on, some teens drinking and driving fast on a curvy/hill road. The driver survived, at least 2 kids died. The parents didn't want to press any charges, and he was the son of a wealthy local business owner. He got off with almost nothing, years later he ended up in a stand off with local police at a golf course the family owned, and was shot dead as he threatened the officers. Kid clearly had problems but never got the help for some reason. 

1 hour ago, BillyBalata said:

Let's see, they just hit another car gong 150+ mph and apparently drunk. And you think they are going to  be aware? You ever been an accident at hi speed? even 70 mph?   I can tell you, from experience, being sober, i didn't give a manure about the other car. I'm not defending him or her at all. But you're being just a tad bit sanctimonious making judgements on how she should act after something so horrific just happened.

It varies though, I know somebody who got hit by a dog while riding a motorcycle (dog ran out into the road and right into the side of the bike). He was lucky he didn't go down, but he and his cousin and a few others in the group were more concerned about the dead dog and letting the owner know than his injury (some swelling in his leg where dog impacted). 

I get what you're saying and yes in that situation you may not care much about the other people but it does depend on the situation. I know the one time I got rear ended I was really pissed at the other driver, and I was sitting still at the time, but could see them coming and not ready to stop in time. 

9 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I know somebody who got hit by a dog while riding a motorcycle (dog ran out into the road and right into the side of the bike). He was lucky he didn't go down, but he and his cousin and a few others in the group were more concerned about the dead dog and letting the owner know than his injury (some swelling in his leg where dog impacted). 

Pretty similar situation to Ruggs.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Pretty similar situation to Ruggs.  

Similar, but still pretty different with one being a teenager. Just trying somebody under 18 as an adult can be difficult and getting a conviction even harder. I only skimmed the details I found as I'm trying to not get upset about another idiot, and it seems the judge really dropped the ball and gave the kid all sorts of breaks. Not even sure I can follow if there was a trial and a verdict, just some light sentence of probation and treatment at an exclusive "rehab" facility. 

8 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Similar, but still pretty different with one being a teenager. Just trying somebody under 18 as an adult can be difficult and getting a conviction even harder. I only skimmed the details I found as I'm trying to not get upset about another idiot, and it seems the judge really dropped the ball and gave the kid all sorts of breaks. Not even sure I can follow if there was a trial and a verdict, just some light sentence of probation and treatment at an exclusive "rehab" facility. 

Its not hard to try someone as adult, depending on the state. Many have "automatic waivers" which automatically sends them to adult court. I don't disagree with your perspective, I was just highlighting the inconsistencies in our criminal justice system.

1 hour ago, BillyBalata said:

probably.  I don't give a f'ck either.  F*ck her and f*ck Ruggs.  She sure sounded coherent on the video.  He was the one who was woozy there.  She was telling people to get him help while the 23 year old driver was burned to death with her dog.  It's a very good time to be sanctimonious, if that's how you see it.  

• Like 3

Whatever, I am not saying you don't have the right to be pissed about the whole situation.  My comments are base on you think someone will be aware of their surroundings after a 150 mph car accident. Steve compares the whole thing to his motorcycle buddy who hit a dog, but didn't go down.  You both are totally out of touch with reality.

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, BillyBalata said:

Whatever, I am not saying you don't have the right to be pissed about the whole situation.  My comments are base on you think someone will be aware of their surroundings after a 150 mph car accident. Steve compares the whole thing to his motorcycle buddy who hit a dog, but didn't go down.  You both are totally out of touch with reality.

yeah, you didn't listen to her on the video, did you?  Dazed? Sure. But the airbags saved both their lives and she seemed quite able and sure sounded very aware of what was happening around her.  She was talking to other people around her and doing so coherently.   Let's just end this now.  Maybe one day we'll see how aware she was, because no doubt she was questioned by law enforcement, if it is revealed in the police report.  

6 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Back in mid 1990's, 2 friends moved to Mia in their early 20's.   Both were dead within 3 years.   Their fault, but the City sure didnt help. 

Exactly. I had a place in Miami. If you think Vegas is bad, live in Miami for a few years. Vegas ain't nothing but a gimmicky tourist trap, Miami is just plain trouble. 

14 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Exactly. I had a place in Miami. If you think Vegas is bad, live in Miami for a few years. Vegas ain't nothing but a gimmicky tourist trap, Miami is just plain trouble. 

I grew up in NYC.  There's trouble anywhere.  By the age of 14 I knew exactly where to be and where never to be.  A very powerful mental map.   

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I grew up in NYC.  There's trouble anywhere.  By the age of 14 I knew exactly where to be and where never to be.  A very powerful mental map.   

That's the point. It has nothing to do with having a team in Vegas. Trouble will find you wherever you are. Especially when you're looking for it. 

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I had a friend who was in grad school who died in Miami age 27. He was looking for trouble. Prob both the place and the type that seek it out 

• Like 1

NFL.com

Ruggs, 22, already faced two felony counts of driving under the influence of alcohol resulting in death and reckless driving. Clark County prosecutors now plan to charge Ruggs with additional counts of DUI and reckless driving resulting in substantial bodily harm for injuries suffered by his girlfriend, Kiara Je'nai Kilgo-Washington, the Review-Journal reported. The new misdemeanor charge stems from Ruggs possessing a firearm while under the influence -- police found a loaded gun in Ruggs' Chevrolet Corvette.

16 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

I was being facetious.  My post was oozing sarcasm.  Sometimes it doesnt come through on the net. 

I'll agree with the guy above (Dcat?) who said Eff ruggs and her.  Eff em both.  

Correct sarcasm doesn't translate well, that is what ;) and other things are for, it takes 2 extra key strokes to make things clear instead of hoping others understand your meaning. 

19 hours ago, BillyBalata said:

Screw you. What gives you the right to proclaim others are out of touch with reality, are you the only one who can grasp it? The guy who the dog saved it, and if it had been a smaller bike (was a big cruiser dog hit the engine) he might have gone down. Plenty shaking incident for the rider, and myself who was right behind him watching it play out in slow motion. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• DMD locked this topic