[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Thomas out for the season

Montana is da Man

And to think of how many traded for him preparing for his return. D'oh!

1 hour ago, purplemonster said:

I'm sure the Saints are thrilled he didn't get that offseason surgery like he should have

Yep that seemed like an incredibly short sighted decision. Maybe he's made enough money from the NFL and is prepared to move on. Certainly isn't doing his career any favors. He's been paid almost $50 million over his 6 year career, that's some nice money if he didn't already blow it. 

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Yep that seemed like an incredibly short sighted decision. Maybe he's made enough money from the NFL and is prepared to move on. Certainly isn't doing his career any favors. He's been paid almost $50 million over his 6 year career, that's some nice money if he didn't already blow it. 

I wonder if the NO brass are pissed off at him.  I also wonder if he's going to be like OBJ - great until an ankle sprain doused his production and left him as a has been. 

3 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Maybe Thomas is thinking, why bother? Hill can't get him the ball and they're going to suck balls anyway. 

Yes that is one thing that came to mind. But I also thought maybe he had some disagreement with the team over who got the QB job. 

Not sure I buy the idea that Hill cannot get him the ball and Winston would do better. Winston is a gunslinger that is trying to be tamed, Hill showed decent QB skills last year. 

No big deal to me, for once the drama in the NFL isn't impacting my favorite or fantasy team. 

13 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Yes that is one thing that came to mind. But I also thought maybe he had some disagreement with the team over who got the QB job. 

Not sure I buy the idea that Hill cannot get him the ball and Winston would do better. Winston is a gunslinger that is trying to be tamed, Hill showed decent QB skills last year. 

No big deal to me, for once the drama in the NFL isn't impacting my favorite or fantasy team. 

I doubt that. He gave Winston a hug when he was being carted off. My thought was he may feel like the season is a wash anyway with Winston out for the season, so he doesn't want to risk further injury. 

1 minute ago, rajncajn said:

I doubt that. He gave Winston a hug when he was being carted off. My thought was he may feel like the season is a wash anyway with Winston out for the season, so he doesn't want to risk further injury. 

Thanks, didn't notice during the game, might have skipped some of the delay during injury. My dang brain usually comes up with too many options when somebody makes a statement like that, so I like to clarify. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Thanks, didn't notice during the game, might have skipped some of the delay during injury. My dang brain usually comes up with too many options when somebody makes a statement like that, so I like to clarify. 

It also could be a mutual decision between him and the team to not push him back. Just don't know.

2 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Saints are 5-2 which is pretty good missing their top wideout and having not super QB play from Winston. They could still be solid with Hill, I'd be surprised if he throws in the towel for that reason