[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rodgers tests positive for Covid

Big John

Now I am really confused. Rodgers suggested he was vaccinated but apparently is not? If he is unvaccinated he has to quarantine for a minimum of 10 days, which would bump up next to the next game too. 

(Has video of Rodgers saying it)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dknation.draftkings.com/platform/amp/2021/11/3/22761419/aaron-rodgers-covid-news-is-he-vaccinated-packers-vs-chiefs-backup-jordan-love

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2021/11/03/aaron-rodgers-whod-suggested-he-was-vaccinated-reportedly-isnt-wont-play/amp/

Edited by purplemonster

8 minutes ago, nyjets18 said:

ESPN reporting that he was following vaccinated player protocols. If he was unvaccinated and breaking rules there might be a chance Rodgers gets suspended. I guess we'll know more one more info is out

Yet he said in a presser that he was "immunized".  I guess that means something different than "vaccinated". 

2 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

He may of had an antibody therapy of sorts?? Maybe that's what he's getting at?? 

Or he already had the 'Rona, in which case he could have felt he was "immune" rather than saying he got the jab.

6 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

He may of had an antibody therapy of sorts?? Maybe that's what he's getting at?? 

You're asking kind of a technical question. What you're describing is called passive immunization but that's not the vaccination or immunization that were talking about or that anybody cares about because it isn't protective for more than a few days. If Rodgers wasn't vaccinated then I guess what he's probably referring to his he's had the disease before so he has antibodies. It's pretty misleading though if somebody asks you if you've been vaccinated and he says yes I've been immunized.

The only reason I care is because it affects his team and if he wasn't following protocols it could be a suspension. But we'll just have to wait and see for more information

Edited by purplemonster

17 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

You're asking kind of a technical question. What you're describing is called passive immunization but that's not the vaccination or immunization that were talking about or that anybody cares about because it isn't protective for more than a few days. If Rodgers wasn't vaccinated then I guess what he's probably referring to his he's had the disease before so he has antibodies. It's pretty misleading though if somebody asks you if you've been vaccinated and he says yes I've been immunized.

The only reason I care is because it affects his team and if he wasn't following protocols it could be a suspension. But we'll just have to wait and see for more information

If he is suspended then what a way to leave the Packers after all the drama in the off-season.

If he broke the rules and the NFL wants to show everyone they are serious about the rules they have to heavily fine or suspend him otherwise players will be pissed that they have to follow the rules when high profile players don't. 

I wonder if the Packers knew if he's not vaccinated (if the report is true). There's no way they wouldn't know and it will be interesting in the Packers get punished too

Edited by nyjets18

Rodgers be obtuse, no fu**ing way, he never does that. 

As it relates to the NFL guidelines for teams, you're either vaccinated or not, there is no middle ground, no natural immunity from having been infected with COVID and no "immunization" involved. So not sure why he'd be using those terms except to screw with the media and fans. 

4 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Rodgers be obtuse, no fu**ing way, he never does that. 

As it relates to the NFL guidelines for teams, you're either vaccinated or not, there is no middle ground, no natural immunity from having been infected with COVID and no "immunization" involved. So not sure why he'd be using those terms except to screw with the media and fans. 

This is what I think of pretty much every time I read any of your posts...

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Then put me on ignore and you won't have to read my posts. Pretty sure I'm not one of those SPECIAL people that cannot be ignored. 

I reserve the ignore feature for trolls, not for guys that seem to be decent fellas that just have negative overtones in pretty much all of their posts - especially when it comes to the media.  :shrug:  

• DMD locked this topic