[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rodgers tests positive for Covid

Big John

1 hour ago, Big John said:

Rodgers to be activated today and will start tomorrow, per NFLN.

good news for Rodgers owners and packer fans.

He is still an immense jackass. And in his most recent interview, he was a fountain of misinformation.  He's a real P.O.S. as a human, but we've known that for years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gilthorp said:

Wow. He is ready to go? 

This NFL is an amazing institution. 

He's back, ready to roll! 

• 9 months later...

Rodgers had a very interesting interview with Joe Rogan about what went down with players during the height of the Covid lockdowns. However you may feel about Rogan or Rodgers, I still think that it's very disturbing how people who decided against vaccination were treated in this country and how hard the propaganda machines turned to shame people into getting the vaccination.

• Like 3

I am not really interested in an extended conversation about this, but generally speaking this whole issue was one of where your choices affect others. There are very few absolutes in science and medicine. But there are risks and benefits. The risk of getting covid is much higher in unvaccinated. The risk of spreading covid is higher in unvaccinated if you are infected. This is not as pronounced as the risk of not being infected at all. Vaccinated people can spread the virus if they happen to get infected, just less so as they clear the virus faster. PCR test and rapid antigen tests can help but PCR catches about 80% of infections and rapid antigens even less, 66% or so. So they aren't necessarily a substitute for vaccination, say getting a rapid antigen test to enter a stadium or concert, you will still miss 1/3 infections. Vaccination is quite protective against getting COVID, and strongly protective against severe disease.  Some people cannot get vaccinated due to allergies, too young, or some don't get as much boost because they are immune suppressed, on chemo drugs, etc. The long and short of this is that the unvaccinated are far more likely to have the disease, and more likely to spread it. The other people cannot fully protect themselves, although the risk is greatly reduced with vaccination. 

When your choices affect others, then I think the claims of persecution better be very convincing because you are putting others at risk. I don't think there is a blanket statement that can be made here, it depends on the risk and what we are talking about. But we don't let people smoke in public places, or drunk drivers drive how ever they want even if they feel persecuted. You can take this too far as well, such as keeping children out of schools for years to where they fall behind and the cure is worse than the disease. A little bit of common sense needs to be employed too. 

Edited by purplemonster
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I am not really interested in an extended conversation about this, but generally speaking this whole issue was one of where your choices affect others. There are very few absolutes in science and medicine. But there are risks and benefits. The risk of getting covid is much higher in unvaccinated. The risk of spreading covid is higher in unvaccinated if you are infected. This is not as pronounced as the risk of not being infected at all. Vaccinated people can spread the virus if they happen to get infected, just less so as they clear the virus faster. PCR test and rapid antigen tests can help but PCR catches about 80% of infections and rapid antigens even less, 66% or so. So they aren't necessarily a substitute for vaccination, say getting a rapid antigen test to enter a stadium or concert, you will still miss 1/3 infections. Vaccination is quite protective against getting COVID, and strongly protective against severe disease.  Some people cannot get vaccinated due to allergies, too young, or some don't get as much boost because they are immune suppressed, on chemo drugs, etc. The long and short of this is that the unvaccinated are far more likely to have the disease, and more likely to spread it. The other people cannot fully protect themselves, although the risk is greatly reduced with vaccination. 

When your choices affect others, then I think the claims of persecution better be very convincing because you are putting others at risk. I don't think there is a blanket statement that can be made here, it depends on the risk and what we are talking about. But we don't let people smoke in public places, or drunk drivers drive how ever they want even if they feel persecuted. You can take this too far as well, such as keeping children out of schools for years to where they fall behind and the cure is worse than the disease. A little bit of common sense needs to be employed too. 

Good post! :clap:

• Like 1

• DMD locked this topic