[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NY Jets awakening

gijoerock

Who would Carter lose the job to? 

Coach Saleh has already said that it is possible White could push Wilson for the starting job when he's healthy.

Not sure anybody is leading them to anything this year. That was an impressive win over the Bengals, and they also beat the Titans who are pretty good. But they've been blown out 3 times, Pats twice and Broncos. 

5 minutes ago, Jaxfactor904 said:

Doubt it. A lot invested in Zach Wilson and both he and White are rookies. Now Michael Carter is a different story.

FYI 

White is not a rookie, he was a 5th round draft pick in 2018 by the Cowboys. This is just the first year he's seen any action in an NFL game, he's been with the Jets for most of his career on the practice squad after DAL released him near the end of his rookie camp.

I thought he was a rookie too since I had never heard of him, then I checked him out on PFR 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WhitMi01.htm

4 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Last week was an anomaly. Don't let one game fool you. 

Was just about to say something similar.  Not sure how much of an "awakening" it really was.  Carter is talented and will be their RB1 moving forward, but putting lots of eggs in the Jets' offense basket would be unwise.

I have a very difficult choice of starting Carter tonight. I have strong enough RB's but Barkley, Mitchell, and Jacobs don't really excite me as much as Carter, especially if he can get steady targets. I think last week's numbers are too much to ask. 

3 hours ago, gilthorp said:

I have a very difficult choice of starting Carter tonight. I have strong enough RB's but Barkley, Mitchell, and Jacobs don't really excite me as much as Carter, especially if he can get steady targets. I think last week's numbers are too much to ask. 

Last I checked neither Barkley nor Jacobs were certain to play this week (I've got Booker and Jacobs and will need to start one, or its back to friggin David Johnson). 

I do see now that Jacobs practiced and was not listed on the team's injury report, I guess he's back in my line-up. But Barkley is likely to miss the game due to COVID.

Edited by stevegrab

2 hours ago, gijoerock said:

Tevin Coleman good days are behind him but I assumed he was the starter. I'm intrigued with White behind the center. Tonight's game will tell me if the past 2 weeks were a fluke. Go Jets 👍

I drafted Carter everywhere since he was so cheap and had RB1 upside so have been patiently waiting all year. Hopefully Mike White keeps it up, not holding my breath 

2 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I drafted Carter everywhere since he was so cheap and had RB1 upside so have been patiently waiting all year. Hopefully Mike White keeps it up, not holding my breath 

I'm hoping the same for White & Carter. I truly enjoy Robert Saleh motivation, drive, and spirit. 

Just now, gilthorp said:

Not an awakening and not enough Carter. He can't be trusted but will have some games...those will probably be on my bench where he should have been tonight.

It had nothing to with Carter. The Jets got smoked early, he was taken out of the game plan in the first half. The gameflow didn't allow him to get involved. 

• Like 1

That was some awakening, what did White play like two series before getting hurt? They should try waking up their defense who were terrible. 

9 hours ago, League_Champion said:

It had nothing to with Carter. The Jets got smoked early, he was taken out of the game plan in the first half. The gameflow didn't allow him to get involved. 

When your 3rd string QB is throwing the ball 50+ times in a game your main RB isn't going to be a big contributor.  Not sure that Gil was saying Carter played poorly, just that he can't be trusted to be a regular contributor because his team is really bad. If their defense keeps playing like that they'll be down 3 TDs in a lot of games. 

Carters success after the bye came  from his increased involvement in the passing game more then anything. His last two games he had 8 and 9 receptions. 14 targets in the win vs the Bengals.  This game he had one target and reception and that wasn't even from the QB. Being behind early you would think that usage would have continued but it didn't. more Johnson not looking his way then anything else.

Edited by BillyBalata