[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Browns will release Odell Beckham Jr.

League_Champion

1 minute ago, purplemonster said:

The Saints make as much sense as anybody. I don't know how they are doing with the cap but there's always ways of playing with it

Packers or chiefs make sense too

I cant see OBJ with a young inconsistent QB again. If Mayfield pissed him off then Taysom Hill will give him a heart attack. 

Released means he has to clear waivers, which gives crappy teams top first choice. Right?  

I guess it was wise not to cut him from my team as he could have some value somewhere, but honestly I think this guy isn't the same and was a bit of a one trick pony whose reputation was built on a few highlight real catches. He's never been the same guy since missing most of 2017 with an ankle injury.

Good riddance you cancer, thanks for nothing John Dorsey 

2 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I would imagine so. And I'm guessing that he'll clear waivers because of the salary, although it's probably not too bad of a hit at this point into the season. 

I can never remember how that works, when player is cut/released and goes thru waivers, teams assume the existing contract? Or just for that season? 

Just started to read an article in the local paper, and seeing it says that OBJ aske to be traded multiple times recently, including during the offseason. This one is on Browns management, should have done something long ago, it had to be clear inside the organization that his was not working. So many in the media and fanbase could see it. 

Today is OBJ's birthday, what a birthday present, piles of cash and a chance to find a new partner. :bash:

Sounds like the Browns are restructuring the contract so the cap hit is less. Maybe that means he goes to a crappy team like the Texans or Jaguars :)

"Beckham, who was still owed $8.05 million by the Browns, must clear waivers before he can become a free agent, but the restructuring lowers his waiver price and makes it more likely he’ll be claimed."

11 minutes ago, Big John said:

He has to go through waivers since the trading deadline had passed.

And if claimed off waivers, they have to pick up his remaining contract???

Sorry I know I've asked before but you seem to know this stuff and have a grasp. 

12 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Other people know better than me but my understanding is if he clears waivers, Browns still are on the hook for the salary. (If another team picks him up, then they pay it, but it is expected no one will). However if OBJ agrees to less money, say 4 million, then they cut him and he is free to sign anywhere and get paid on top of that. Otherwise they will just have him sit at home and collect his 8 million but he may have diminished prospects going forward. Correct me if I am wrong. 

He agreed to a cut. But I doubt it’s anything significant like $4 million. Once he clears waivers, he can collect his Browns salary and play for any other team at the league veteran minimum ($1 million prorated). He doesn’t have to sit home to collect his Browns salary. The league veteran minimum will be deducted from the Browns $8 million they still owe.

Edited by squirrelmastr21

Jaguars $28,021,857 $164,080,479 $16,345,820
Eagles $20,912,227 $124,557,939 $61,165,849
Broncos $15,491,858 $151,050,799 $33,657,454
Seahawks $13,382,838 $159,843,052 $10,071,125
Panthers $11,829,257 $125,729,428 $48,338,397
Washington $11,730,461 $168,575,185 $18,848,900
Steelers $10,436,974 $148,967,700 $27,447,431
Chargers $10,363,723 $176,909,499 $3,867,130
Bengals $9,691,955

There are only a few teams that have the salary cap space available to claim him.

Jags $28M

Eagles $20M

Broncos $15M

Seahawks $13M

Panthers $11M

Washington $11M

Steelers $10M

Chargers $10M

Bengals $9M

4 minutes ago, squirrelmastr21 said:

He agreed to a cut. But I doubt it’s anything significant like $4 million. Once he clears waivers, he can collect his Browns salary and play for any other team at the league veteran minimum ($1 million prorated). He doesn’t have to sit home to collect his Browns salary. The league veteran minimum will be deducted from the Browns $8 million they still owe.

Yeah I clearly don't know what I am talking about. I will have to look at it. I am deleting my post. 

• Haha 1