[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 9 Chat

irish

2 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

Love outscored Mahomes.

Yup, just barely because of the rushing yardage. Playing catch-up helped as well. 

Either way, if Mahomes was Mahomes, it wouldn't have been close. 

8 minutes ago, irish said:

Either way, if Mahomes was Mahomes, it wouldn't have been close. 

It shouldn't have been close.  GB can be run on, and KC basically attempted double the passes than runs.  And I think Williams rushed 7 times on the opening drive and then 12 times the rest of the game....with at least 4 of them on the final drive.  Thats just bad coaching in my opinion 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Didn't they give up 31 points to a red head journeyman last week?

They gave up 31 points to the colts, who are 3rd In  points scored,  3rd in rushing and 12th in passing yards this season.

Qb's average 19 ppg against them, and only 2, have more then 24 points this season.  (Murray and Allen).

20 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

They gave up 31 points to the colts, who are 3rd In  points scored,  

The stats I looked up don't have colts as # 3 in points per game.  But I suppose after playing the Jets on Thursday that might be accurate.  I'm not sure why we are legitimately discussing if any given defense would rather face Wentz/Colts or Stafford/Rams though.

Edited by Bobby Brown

5 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

The stats I looked up don't have colts as # 3 in points per game. 

No, they are 3rd overall (not ppg)

But the titans have faced the #1, 3(twice) 4th 7th and 12 highest scoring teams in their 9 games so far this season. So I get it if, their defense doesn't get the respect it deserves.   Their other 3 games where Russell Wilson,  the jets and jags.

8 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

No, they are 3rd overall (not ppg)

But the titans have faced the #1, 3(twice) 4th 7th and 12 highest scoring teams in their 9 games so far this season. So I get it if, their defense doesn't get the respect it deserves.   Their other 3 games where Russell Wilson,  the jets and jags.

I'm good with the Titans being a good enough defense.   I suppose the beatdown they had on national TV against the Bills has jaded me.  Just today the Bills put up ......6 points against the.......(checks scores).....Jaguars.

26 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

I'm going to lose in one league this week because Matt Gay is going to outscore AJ Brown

Yeah that was pretty terrible game flow for AJ Brown. Stafford throws an interception to his own 6 yard line and then a pick 6. That's an easy 14 points and with the Rams not being able to do anything the Titans barely needed to throw at all

5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Mahomes is off. I don't know if there's an Injury that he's fighting through or if he's just in a bad funk, but it's not good. 

I think I may know what his problem is…could he be p*ssy-whipped? Think about it. Instead of Xs and Os he’s  thinking about titties and ginas.

17 hours ago, irish said:

Exactly what I'm saying. This game shouldn't have been close with the Cowboys killing the Broncos and yet it's 30-0 Broncos at Dallas!  I call BS, the fix is in!

If so there are a lot of games that are fixed. Bengals beat the Ravens, then get trounced by Jets and Browns.  And the friggin Jags beat the Bills 9-6, the Titans thrash the Rams, and the Giants and Falcons both win.  Not sure many games this week went as expected. 

17 hours ago, SeductiveNun said:

The Vikings are trying the uncommon strategy of leaving the other teams offense on the field in the hopes they wear down. 

Browns tried a different strategy, score quickly, even better do it on defense so that squad doesn't get any rest early in the game. The defense will wear down early and you'll get blow out....well not really despite the Bengals having the ball for 10 minutes more (and first 11min of game) having 10 more first downs and gaining more yards they lost due to a 3-0 turnover margin. Not even the 10 penalties called on the Browns could help them and their very poor 3-13 on 3/4 down conversions.

15 hours ago, Montana is da Man said:

I think they signed him between weeks 2 and 4

DIdn't realize he wasn't on an opening day roster, I see he played in week 2.... checking further he was signed before the season started, says Sept 6 on PFR site

16 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

The Broncos/Cowboys game was decent, unless you're a Cowboys fan - which is about 67% of this board.. 

Browns game was a blast, unless you're a Bengal fan or Mayfield hater. But even I had enough by late in Q4 and ready to watch another game. Watched Vikings-Ravens which was pretty entertaining, but of course wanted Ravens to lose. Loved watching coach Harbaugh :unsure: :blink: after every penalty called on his team. Like seriously my guys don't commit penalties so just cut that out. 

18 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

DIdn't realize he wasn't on an opening day roster, I see he played in week 2.... checking further he was signed before the season started, says Sept 6 on PFR site

Yup....sept 6th.  I was off by a couple of weeks.  I thought he signed early in the season