[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Darnold to miss several weeks

Dcat

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

He'll be missed by all of his .000003% fantasy owners. 

Yet they were racing to get him early this season when he was running in TDs left and right.   Coincidentally, that's when McCaffery was healthy.  "Darnold, the McCaffery vulture"?

Edited by Dcat

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

Yet they were racing to get him early this season when he was running in TDs left and right.   Coincidentally, that's when McCaffery was healthy.  "Darnold, the McCaffery vulture"?

He's owned in 33% of leagues run on CBS, I doubt many are starting him but 2QB leagues, 16 or more team leagues, and others with deep rosters will have players that some would never consider rosterable. 

He's on a roster in our league, one of a few teams with 3 QBs, they have Murray who was out, and Heinicke on bye. They drafted Darnold apparently. 

2 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Were they? Zack Wilson is brutal. 

I doubt he was referring to drafting Wilson but to them trading away Darnold and getting more than a pack of chewing gum. 

They got about as much for Darnold as your Eagles got for Wentz, who is far superior to Darnold (and Hurts). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I doubt he was referring to drafting Wilson but to them trading away Darnold and getting more than a pack of chewing gum. 

They got about as much for Darnold as your Eagles got for Wentz, who is far superior to Darnold (and Hurts). 

Agree, but the Eagles did get a first and 3rd round pick for Wentz. That's not exactly peanuts for someone who was broken at the time. 

7 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Agree, but the Eagles did get a first and 3rd round pick for Wentz. That's not exactly peanuts for someone who was broken at the time. 

Wentz may have appeared "broken" at the time, but had proven to be a good QB already. Darnold was nothing but bad in 3 years, I guess some people thought that was just the Jets. 

As for what Eagles got for Wentz...From PFR page for Wentz

March 17, 2021: Traded by Eagles to Colts for 2021 3rd round pick (84th overall subsequently traded, Chauncey Golston) and a conditional 2022 pick (1st or 2nd round)

That's a possible 1st round pick, not sure what the details of that piece are or if its known to be a first rounder already.

Meh.  Wentz has looked decent at times this year, and absolutely awful at others.  Way too early to tell if he's better than Hurts, and if he's better than Darnold, it's not by much.  And, to be 100% transparent, I've been a Wentz fan all along.  I've just seen him make some absolutely brutal decisions this year.  Yes, his INT total may be down.  But, he's made some absolutely terrible decisions that have single-handedly cost the Colts wins.  As a MIN fan, I've always said that Cousins is great when protected, but folds like a cheap suit under pressure.  Watching Wentz this year, he's even worse in that regard.  

35 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Wentz may have appeared "broken" at the time, but had proven to be a good QB already. Darnold was nothing but bad in 3 years, I guess some people thought that was just the Jets. 

As for what Eagles got for Wentz...From PFR page for Wentz

March 17, 2021: Traded by Eagles to Colts for 2021 3rd round pick (84th overall subsequently traded, Chauncey Golston) and a conditional 2022 pick (1st or 2nd round)

That's a possible 1st round pick, not sure what the details of that piece are or if its known to be a first rounder already.

It's about to be a first rounder, not quite yet. I think he needs around 2 more full games. That should get him the needed snap share. They also have theirs and Miami's 1st round picks which will be really high. Should be an interesting off season. 

24 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Meh.  Wentz has looked decent at times this year, and absolutely awful at others.  Way too early to tell if he's better than Hurts, and if he's better than Darnold, it's not by much.  And, to be 100% transparent, I've been a Wentz fan all along.  I've just seen him make some absolutely brutal decisions this year.  Yes, his INT total may be down.  But, he's made some absolutely terrible decisions that have single-handedly cost the Colts wins.  As a MIN fan, I've always said that Cousins is great when protected, but folds like a cheap suit under pressure.  Watching Wentz this year, he's even worse in that regard.  

That pass in the EZ trying to prevent the safety that resulted in the defense getting a TD is a good example. To be fair I haven't seen much of Darnold since his career started, but he's never impressed me much where as Wentz has looked very good at times. 

45 minutes ago, Gopher said:

I agree. And that was pretty much his last 2 seasons in Philly. He'll drive you absolutely crazy. When he's dialed in he's Bradyish but when he's off, it's bad! 

14 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Backup P. J. Walker, that is a new one for me. Never heard of the guy 

26 yrs old.  Was a star in High School at Elizabeth, NJ.  Coached by Matt Rhule at Temple. Was XFL starter in the 2020 season for Houston Roughnecks.  Season canceled after 5 games due to Covid.  His stat line:  Walker finished the 2020 season with a 5–0 record, 1,338 passing yards and 15 touchdowns with four interceptions. He led the league in both passing touchdowns and passing yards.  

Obviously Rhule thinks highly of him.  I lay odds he's better than Darnold!

• Like 1