[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Darnold to miss several weeks

Dcat

Coach Matt Rhule has not ruled out Cam "suiting up" on Sunday despite just being signed. 

Anything that might reduce CMC's production is fine with me as I face him this week. 

Am I correct that Cam wasn't on a roster all season, released in August by the Pats and just waiting for a call?  $4.5M guaranteed for half a season isn't bad. Have we heard what OBJ got from the Rams? Was it higher than vet minimum? Or long term?

6 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Coach Matt Rhule has not ruled out Cam "suiting up" on Sunday despite just being signed. 

Anything that might reduce CMC's production is fine with me as I face him this week. 

Am I correct that Cam wasn't on a roster all season, released in August by the Pats and just waiting for a call?  $4.5M guaranteed for half a season isn't bad. Have we heard what OBJ got from the Rams? Was it higher than vet minimum? Or long term?

Got just about the same.  OBJ got $4.25MM

3 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Got just about the same.  OBJ got $4.25MM

Interesting, at first I thought maybe you were confusing what the Browns owed OBJ on his settlement when released and not claimed on waivers, which I recall was $4.25M.  I just checked spotrac.com site again for OBJ contract info, it shows a 1 year $1.25M deal with the Rams, and $3M in incentives. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/odell-beckham-jr-14421/

Interesting that OBJ's $3M in incentives are all team-based incentives, in terms of whether they make the playoffs, how far they go, SB, etc.  I would have expected them to be more individually based, but I guess not.  He's in a great spot if he doesn't screw it up somehow.  

19 hours ago, Gopher said:

Interesting that OBJ's $3M in incentives are all team-based incentives, in terms of whether they make the playoffs, how far they go, SB, etc.  I would have expected them to be more individually based, but I guess not.  He's in a great spot if he doesn't screw it up somehow.  

That's great for him, since it won't require him to actually contribute at a high level to attain those incentives. Not sure why the Rams would do that, they most believe in his ability to contribute and may even be looking at gaining some favorable treatment for a future long term deal.