[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worth picking up Justin Fields?

SacksToBeCutler

Currently, I have Russell Wilson as my QB, but feel that Fields might have a good second half of the season. Deciding on who to drop for him. Here's my current roster:

QB: Wilson

WR: Ceedee, DK, Diontae, AB, Waddle, and Mooney

RB: Najee, Fournette, Gaskin, Sanders

TE: Knox and Friermuth

Should I drop either Knox or Sanders for Fields? Or stay put?

11 minutes ago, SacksToBeCutler said:

With Newton going back to Carolina, do you guys think he's worth adding? And between Cam and Fields, who's got the better potential ROS?

I’d go with Fields ROS, Cam might just be the backup. Is this a 2-QB league? Otherwise there should be better; Taysom Hill, Wentz, Matt Ryan.

11 minutes ago, squirrelmastr21 said:

I’d go with Fields ROS, Cam might just be the backup. Is this a 2-QB league? Otherwise there should be better; Taysom Hill, Wentz, Matt Ryan.

No, just 1-QB league. I was more so intrigued rostering a backup QB (prefer dual threat), especially into the fantasy playoffs.

Fields stock is rising, and he's getting more comfortable with the offense. But with Cam back, going back and forth between them

2 hours ago, SacksToBeCutler said:

No, just 1-QB league. I was more so intrigued rostering a backup QB (prefer dual threat), especially into the fantasy playoffs.

Fields stock is rising, and he's getting more comfortable with the offense. But with Cam back, going back and forth between them

There is a very small chance you will ever start either of them. Fields rising from the worst QB in fantasy to about #20 is not significant. Better off taking a chance with handcuff RBs.

I was going to suggest you have a backup plan to deal with Wilson not playing, since there was no definitive word, but I see that in the last hour or so coach Carroll has confirmed he is ready to start. I am still going to try and make sure I verify he is active before his late afternoon game, and if he is not I have a plan to add somebody to replace him. 

That said, if Fields intrigues add him, but you don't have a lot of depth to drop assuming you start 2RB, 2WR & flex.  Mooney is probably the least value. Sanders was the lead back for Philly, but missed 2 weeks, and will miss another wees at least. He may return in week 11, and then has a bye in week 14.

Personally I would not go thru a season without a decent backup QB, but I see more and more of it in the rosters posted from people asking for advice.