[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Odell to The Rams

League_Champion

15 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

We'll see. Kupp was already leading the league in targets, receptions, and efficiency.  Don't see how bringing in another high profile WR who needs to get his targets helps.  

Especially a whinie little bitch like OBJ who's going to stand on the sideline chewing out Stafford. Hopefully somebody gives him a big helping of GUMMI BEAR when he does that. Would love to see McVay tear him a new one on live TV. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Especially a whinie little bitch like OBJ who's going to stand on the sideline chewing out Stafford. Hopefully somebody gives him a big helping of GUMMI BEAR when he does that. Would love to see McVay tear him a new one on live TV. 

You seem hurt by all of this with Odell. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Chief Dick said:

You seem hurt by all of this with Odell. 

Nope not hurt, he wasn't my buddy or teammate who trashed me in the media. I'm just pissed at the waste of money and a roster spot for somebody who never wanted to be here, and has an inflated view of himself. 

Surely I'm not the only one, even outside of Browns fans, who is tired of this guy. TO was a much better receiver, and even his act got tiring at some point.

I know, if OBJ provides some fantasy value that is all that some care about, but my Browns are more important than my fantasy team. I haven't cut him from my fantasy roster but I'm also not holding out a lot of hope that he is suddenly worth a weekly starting spot. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I just flipped him for D. Montgomery in one league and Mark Andrews in another. That's exactly why I told everyone to pick him up if he's available. 

When you play in 10+ leagues (which it sounds like you own 70% player share) your flips or trades are essentially pointless to share here. Sorry to state the obvious but you kind of own everyone and it's just a bunch of hot air man. I

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

When you play in 10+ leagues (which it sounds like you own 70% player share) your flips or trades are essentially pointless to share here. Sorry to state the obvious but you kind of own everyone and it's just a bunch of hot air man. I

Both 12 team leagues and he was released in both. I traded for him in another as soon as he was released. Cost nothing

So is that about what you were all expecting? Targeted him on the first play with a short pass, then mostly a decoy the rest of the game. 2 receptions for 18 yards on 3 targets. And that horrible pick on the long bomb where OBJ clearly just gave up on the play and didn't run where Stafford was expecting him. They showed him on the sideline trying to explain what went wrong. He didn't look too happy any time they showed him. 

I doubt this was what OBJ was expecting, aside from Kupp leading the team in targets, Van Jefferson, Higbee and Skowronek all had more targets.

Hmm I guess I predicted too many targets, but otherwise I was spot on :) 

Edited by stevegrab
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Steve, he hasn't been with the Rams long enough to get a cup of coffee, he barely practiced. With Woods out I guarantee you'll see a big uptick in targets each week. 

LC and I may disagree on a lot, but Grabber... he is spot on here.  Your sour grapes are showing.

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

LC and I may disagree on a lot, but Grabber... he is spot on here.  Your sour grapes are showing.

Of course they are some sour grapes, how would you feel of your team wasted time and resources on him and had it end that way. And then to listen to all these people basically saying "well it was all Baker's fault, OBJ is great and will flourish with a new team. Look at how Baker ignored a wide open OBJ so many times."  Well I'll be waiting to see if that happens, I have my doubts. I know Baker is not perfect or elite, but I still believe with a strong defense and running game this team can have similar success to last year. He isn't garbage like LC keeps saying. 

So I challenge all those who think OBJ will have success with the Rams to make some predictions, for his next game or two, or the rest of the season. 

In his best year in CLE (2019 which was not as good as 2014-16 in NY before the first major injury) he had 133 targets in 16 games (8.3/game) and 74 receptions (4.6/game), for 1035 yards with 3 TDs. 14yd/rec, 65 yards/game.  Note he was only catching a bit over 50% of his targets. 

Shouldn't be able to do at least that much, the Rams have Kupp ahead of him, but he was a 1B to Landry's 1A (who was already on the Browns and saw more targets, receptions, yards and TDs that OBJ that year). 

6 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

So I challenge all those who think OBJ will have success with the Rams to make some predictions, for his next game or two, or the rest of the season

Define success. He's going to see plenty of targets which automatically puts him in Fantasy lineup conversation. He's in a good situation with a good QB and a good head coach who knows how to exploit matchups. He's not the WR1 that he once was but he can certainly be a nice WR2, maybe more some weeks. Stop hating. 

4 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Define success. He's going to see plenty of targets which automatically puts him in Fantasy lineup conversation. He's in a good situation with a good QB and a good head coach who knows how to exploit matchups. He's not the WR1 that he once was but he can certainly be a nice WR2, maybe more some weeks. Stop hating. 

I doubt he reaches a level where you can plug him in as a safe WR2.  Maybe WR3 or flex.  Despite having a nice QB (well, up until the last two games) and system, I don't think he will see the consistent targets whereby he'd be a WR2 in fantasy.