League_Champion

Odell to The Rams

1 hour ago, Bonedaddies said:

If I could have OBJ on my team vs. he signs with the Rams, I say sign with the Rams all day long. 

Hopkins is probably going On IR

• Confused 2

I wonder why is it that so many in the media were reporting that OBJ was waiting until Sunday to make a decision. The linked story in the first post even says that is what NFL teams thought was happening. Which tells me that was coming from OBJ's camp. Then suddenly, BAM he hands a single red rose to Sean McVay "I've chosen you, the Rams are my true love, I'm here to lead you to a title." 

Also kind of funny how this was a done deal, then supposedly not, Rams retracting statements etc. On no, the Rams leaked info before OBJ wanted, surprised he still signed. I wonder who will file for divorce first. 

So what is OBJ getting paid, is it any more than the veteran minimum?  I mean a nearly washed up Cam Newton is worth $4.5 million guaranteed to the Panthers, he's got to be worth more than with all his potential to do great things. 

We'll see if this helps or hurts the Rams. It sure will mess with some fantasy values, Woods couldn't get many looks before, that's bound to get worse as OBJ demands his share. I wonder if TE Tyler Higbee (on my fantasy team) drops off some too. One of the Browns player's (believe it was former Rams DB Johnson) said he was surprised "The Rams offense, even the running game operates thru Cooper Kupp, he's going to be second fiddle there, Its not  where I'd want to go as a top receiver."  As Jim Donovan said after that report "ouch". 

15 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

We'll see. Kupp was already leading the league in targets, receptions, and efficiency.  Don't see how bringing in another high profile WR who needs to get his targets helps.  

Especially a whinie little bitch like OBJ who's going to stand on the sideline chewing out Stafford. Hopefully somebody gives him a big helping of GUMMI BEAR when he does that. Would love to see McVay tear him a new one on live TV. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Especially a whinie little bitch like OBJ who's going to stand on the sideline chewing out Stafford. Hopefully somebody gives him a big helping of GUMMI BEAR when he does that. Would love to see McVay tear him a new one on live TV. 

You seem hurt by all of this with Odell. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chief Dick said:

Some would say Steve has been grabbed in a bad spot.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Chief Dick said:

Nope not hurt, he wasn't my buddy or teammate who trashed me in the media. I'm just pissed at the waste of money and a roster spot for somebody who never wanted to be here, and has an inflated view of himself. 

Surely I'm not the only one, even outside of Browns fans, who is tired of this guy. TO was a much better receiver, and even his act got tiring at some point.

I know, if OBJ provides some fantasy value that is all that some care about, but my Browns are more important than my fantasy team. I haven't cut him from my fantasy roster but I'm also not holding out a lot of hope that he is suddenly worth a weekly starting spot. 

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Chief Dick said:

How did you come to that conclusion?

:oldrazz:

• Haha 1

On 11/11/2021 at 5:20 PM, Ramhock said:

Same, picked him up yesterday. 

Now, not so bad.

Apparently it’s being reported that Robert Woods tore his ACL at practice yesterday. OBJ could be quite useful for the Rams and fantasy now

On 11/12/2021 at 7:42 AM, gilthorp said:

Some would say Steve has been grabbed in a bad spot.

but if it was obj, he would have dropped it

• Haha 1

Trade OBJ while he has value, U wouldn't even wait for him to play.

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Trade OBJ while he has value

This.

WRs take a while, probably longer than RB or te, to get up to speed with offense and QB. He'll have some good plays, but nothing like he would had he been there since OTAs

4 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Trade OBJ while he has value, U wouldn't even wait for him to play.

I just flipped him for D. Montgomery in one league and Mark Andrews in another. That's exactly why I told everyone to pick him up if he's available. 

8 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I just flipped him for D. Montgomery in one league and Mark Andrews in another. That's exactly why I told everyone to pick him up if he's available. 

When you play in 10+ leagues (which it sounds like you own 70% player share) your flips or trades are essentially pointless to share here. Sorry to state the obvious but you kind of own everyone and it's just a bunch of hot air man. I

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

When you play in 10+ leagues (which it sounds like you own 70% player share) your flips or trades are essentially pointless to share here. Sorry to state the obvious but you kind of own everyone and it's just a bunch of hot air man. I

Both 12 team leagues and he was released in both. I traded for him in another as soon as he was released. Cost nothing

OK. Be honest. How many total leagues? Sounds like it is at least 12-15.

17 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

OK. Be honest. How many total leagues? Sounds like it is at least 12-15.

I'm in way too many leagues, I have a problem. Haha. 

So back to OBJ and the Rams and not LC's "this is my fantasy life"...

OBJ stat line prediction, 6 targets, 2 receptions, 20 yards, at least one drop and lots of time on the sideline looking disappointed or yelling at the QB/coach

So is that about what you were all expecting? Targeted him on the first play with a short pass, then mostly a decoy the rest of the game. 2 receptions for 18 yards on 3 targets. And that horrible pick on the long bomb where OBJ clearly just gave up on the play and didn't run where Stafford was expecting him. They showed him on the sideline trying to explain what went wrong. He didn't look too happy any time they showed him. 

I doubt this was what OBJ was expecting, aside from Kupp leading the team in targets, Van Jefferson, Higbee and Skowronek all had more targets.

Hmm I guess I predicted too many targets, but otherwise I was spot on :) 

Edited by stevegrab
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Hmm I guess I predicted too many targets, but otherwise I was spot on :) 

Steve, he hasn't been with the Rams long enough to get a cup of coffee, he barely practiced. With Woods out I guarantee you'll see a big uptick in targets each week. 

10 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Steve, he hasn't been with the Rams long enough to get a cup of coffee, he barely practiced. With Woods out I guarantee you'll see a big uptick in targets each week. 

OK OBJ cheerleader

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

LC and I may disagree on a lot, but Grabber... he is spot on here.  Your sour grapes are showing.