[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nick Chubb passes covid test. ready for week 11.

Coolhandsean

Just now, stevegrab said:

manure   

This is the only place I found confirming that, don't recognize the guy but it says he covers the Browns for ESPN

https://twitter.com/Jake_Trotter/status/1459244209429520389?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

This was just reported on NBC Sports Edge so not manure sir.

Just now, Coolhandsean said:

This was just reported on NBC Sports Edge so not manure sir.

Never mind I assumed your manure comment was to the validity of the information haha. I see you meant manure as a Chubb owner probably. Sorry man that blows. Devante Adam’s has screwed me the last two weeks because of Covid :/

Per NBC Sports Edge….

Nick Chubb (COVID-19) is out for Week 10 against the Patriots.

D'Ernest Johnson will start for the Browns Sunday and could handle every snap, literally. It's unclear at this point who will even be backup Johnson up, with Demetric Felton and John Kelly also out with Covid this week. Johnson is a clear-cut RB1, facing a run funnel Patriots defense, and whether to play Johnson now looks key decision point of the DFS main slate. Chubb is vaccinated and therefore, likely to be active for Week 11. He will be an elite RB1 play in his expected return, facing the lowly Lions. 

RELATED: 

Nov 12, 2021, 2:41 PM ET

11 minutes ago, Coolhandsean said:

Never mind I assumed your manure comment was to the validity of the information haha. I see you meant manure as a Chubb owner probably. Sorry man that blows. Devante Adam’s has screwed me the last two weeks because of Covid :/

Word filter changed a really bad word that starts with S to manure....and correct I was not questioning the validity, just posting a source since many of us like to have some confidence in such things when reported in this kind of environment. 

Also not a Chubb owner, but a Browns fan. 

Just now, stevegrab said:

Word filter changed a really bad word that starts with S to manure....and correct I was not questioning the validity, just posting a source since many of us like to have some confidence in such things when reported in this kind of environment. 

Also not a Chubb owner, but a Browns fan. 

yeah totally get that. My buddy is a Browns fan too and lives in Massachusetts. He’s surprisingly calm haha

5 minutes ago, SeductiveNun said:

I did pick up D’Ernest just in case, hopefully he goes off again like last time. 

NEP is #17 in terms of allowing fantasy points to RBs, so there's a good chance he has a solid outing given no one else to take carries.

Should be interesting, to say the least.  Talk about a battle of strengths.... The dominant CLE rushing attack going against the NE defense.  Not that they're all that strong against the run this year, but nobody is better at game-planning against the opponent's strength than BB.  I look for NE to really focus on taking that away, and making Baker beat them.

That said, unless you have some really good options, I don't see how you don't start Johnson in most formats.  He's almost a lock to be a top 15 back, just based on volume alone, one would think.  But, I do temper my expectations slightly, only because it's NE.  Not to mention, any time this year that something seems like an absolute given, the opposite usually happens.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see a line somewhere in the vicinity of 20 carries for 75 yards, with 3-ish catches for another 20.  If that's his floor, though, he's close to double-digits even in non-PPR, which I would take in a heartbeat.  

• Like 1

Chubb has still not returned to practice, is still on the COVID-19 list and the team is still "letting the protocols play out", repeating the same stuff that was so helpful last week. 

From coach Stefanski's press conference today (full report in link)

On an update on RB Nick Chubb’s status:

“Nothing new. Just day to day. We will let the protocols play themselves out.”

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/11/kevin-stefanski-discusses-nick-chubb-baker-mayfield-in-press-conference-transcript.html

Just now, darin3 said:

I'd be shocked if he played.  Johnson can handle the load against the lowly Kitty Cats.

Are you saying he may have cleared COVID tests but won't be reactivated because he needs time to recover from that or another lingering injury? Generally players that could return to action after going on the COVID list did so ASAP. 

Also, you're obviously not a Browns fan, we're not over confident even against the bad teams. The Lions could get their first win if we don't play better, last week was just horrible, as was the game in PIT. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Are you saying he may have cleared COVID tests but won't be reactivated because he needs time to recover from that or another lingering injury? Generally players that could return to action after going on the COVID list did so ASAP. 

Also, you're obviously not a Browns fan, we're not over confident even against the bad teams. The Lions could get their first win if we don't play better, last week was just horrible, as was the game in PIT. 

No I'm just saying that he probably won't clear in time to play.  Like FTD said, he could actually be experiencing symptoms.  Regardless, if he doesn't clear, he obviously doesn't play.  And if he's not feeling good, I would assume the team would roll with D'Ernest since he's proved more than capable.

I would be shocked if the Lions kept it within a touchdown, even with Chubb out.  :shrug:  

13 hours ago, darin3 said:

No I'm just saying that he probably won't clear in time to play.  Like FTD said, he could actually be experiencing symptoms.  Regardless, if he doesn't clear, he obviously doesn't play.  And if he's not feeling good, I would assume the team would roll with D'Ernest since he's proved more than capable.

I would be shocked if the Lions kept it within a touchdown, even with Chubb out.  :shrug:  

OK thanks. It just seems odd to me, other players go on COVID list and within 7 days they're off and back to practice. Chubb & Felton both went on and there's been no change since then, and it does have me concerned for them and impact to the team. 

As for your expectations of the Lions-Browns game, I've been meaning to watch the highlights of the DET-PIT game from last week, to see how they're playing recently, maybe at lunch today. I know that PIT was without Ben, and lots of mistakes by PIT kept them in it. But I don't see the Browns as being above that, and we could be without a lot of players on offense, with many guys missing or leaving practice yesterday (Mayfield, Landry, DJP, Schwartz). Sure D'Ernest is a capable replacement for Chubb/Hunt, but if many other key parts of the offense are missing he can't do all. 

Sounds like the Browns don't expect Hunt back next week either, which means a return after the BYE for our second consecutive game with the Ravens, which is week 14, likely the final game of the regular season in many fantasy leagues. That would be a total of 6 games missed.

I think the opponent is irrelevant 95% of the time, in these situations.  If he can play, he'll play.  And, after last week, the Browns are certainly in no position to be looking past anyone.  That said, things are looking more and more like Chubb may not play.  

• Like 1

Browns OC Alex Van Pelt said Nick Chubb and Demetric Felton are "trending in the right direction" for their Week 11 return from the reserve/COVID-19 list. 

The same is true for C Nick Harris. It has been taken for granted that Chubb will be active and starting against the Lions, but he has yet to officially be activated from the reserve list. That has to happen by Saturday afternoon or he can't play. We fully expect Chubb to be returned to the 53-man roster and operate as a top-shelf RB1 as an 11.5-point home favorite against the most talent-less team in the league. 

• Like 1

• Big John changed the title to Nick Chubb passes covid test. ready for week 11.