[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nick Chubb passes covid test. ready for week 11.

Coolhandsean

FYI  For those who don't follow the Browns, Center Nick Harris is not the starter but has filled in some on the OL during injuries to others, mostly at guard. 

I'm still skeptical, there's rarely anything concrete, just vague things like "trending in the right direction" and "following the COVID protocols". I'd love to know if he's even had one negative test yet, but understand they won't release those details. 

The one promising note is that RB John Kelly who went on the COVID list one day before Chubb has been activated today.  I guess maybe they just needed the full 10 days without symptoms. but I'd hope they're also testing negative. 

From the link below

"The paths for a vaccinated player to be activated from the COVID-19 list are producing two negative tests separated by 24 hours or being free of symptoms after spending 10 days on the list. Team and NFL doctors must also provide clearance."

https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/sports/pro/browns/2021/11/18/cleveland-browns-news-baker-mayfield-practice-nick-chubb-trending-right-direction-covid-19-lions/8644533002/

• Big John changed the title to Nick Chubb passes covid test. ready for week 11.

YES YES YES   I was hoping the news as I read yesterday was basically that they just needed one more day, since the other RB Kelly who cleared had a positive test the day before Chubb & Felton. Just makes me wonder, were they not able to get the pair of negative tests 24 hours apart during that time. I doubt they just wait for symptoms to go away and don't bother administering a test.

Either way, great news, some may not think we need Chubb to beat the Lions but I'll feel better with him on the field. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-activate-nick-chubb-demetric-141539146.html

Not sure why this and the original story from PFT say "The Browns have all of their running backs available for Sunday’s game against the Lions." have they forgotten about Kareem Hunt? 

7 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

With Chubb active Baker needs to do a lot less.

Worry about your Chiefs and their inconsistent play as they face the mighty Cowboys Sunday. 

:lol:

I know the Chiefs stink this year and have come to accept their flaws. They are getting waxed on Sunday.

3 hours ago, Chief Dick said:

:lol:

I know the Chiefs stink this year and have come to accept their flaws. They are getting waxed on Sunday.

Geez I was hoping for a good game, way to burst my bubble. 

I just read that Lions QB Goff is expected to try and throw today in practice, but if he cannot go the team is prepared to start Tim Boyle (who?). Seriously Lions, your backup QB is a guy that has thrown 4 NFL passes in 3.5 seasons?  Apparently he was injured in pre-season and had been on IR most of this year, so their backup before now was actually somebody worse :) 

Take the Browns to cover (heard line was around 11). 

So the Browns had Nick Chubb but no DJP the Lions have no Goff and made a game of it. Not an easy win for the Browns as some suggested, and without Chubb who knows if they grind that one out. I was concerned for good reason, and if we play like that against BAL this week and after the bye we can add 2 losses. 

Heck who saw the Bills getting trounced by the Colts. Who saw the one win Texans beating the 8-2 Titans. Or Dallas being stymied by the KC Defense.  Ha-ha I forgot this thread had the post where CD said the Chiefs were getting waxed :) 

This is why we play the games, anything can happen in this whacky sport. Just look at that wild SNF game last night, simply amazing. 

Edited by stevegrab

39 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

So the Browns had Nick Chubb but no DJP the Lions have no Goff and made a game of it. Not an easy win for the Browns as some suggested, and without Chubb who knows if they grind that one out. I was concerned for good reason, and if we play like that against BAL this week and after the bye we can add 2 losses. 

Heck who saw the Bills getting trounced by the Colts. Who saw the one win Texans beating the 8-2 Titans. Or Dallas being stymied by the KC Defense.  Ha-ha I forgot this thread had the post where CD said the Chiefs were getting waxed :) 

This is why we play the games, anything can happen in this whacky sport. Just look at that wild SNF game last night, simply amazing. 

Injured Mayfield and healthy Mayfield look identical to each other. They can't possibly sign him to a long term contract, can they? 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Injured Mayfield and healthy Mayfield look identical to each other. They can't possibly sign him to a long term contract, can they? 

:rolleyes:  Said nobody who knows football, :crazy: .   Just stop already, you're not a football expert and clearly just trolling. 

There is a good reason they did not already sign him to a big deal. He may not be elite, but if they're not going to keep him they better have a backup plan. 

35 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

:rolleyes:  Said nobody who knows football, :crazy: .   Just stop already, you're not a football expert and clearly just trolling. 

There is a good reason they did not already sign him to a big deal. He may not be elite, but if they're not going to keep him they better have a backup plan. 

What would you be ok with them signing him at? Baker basically has no leverage at all in contract negotiations right now. He either needs to accept what they offer him or play out his 5th year option next year and hope he has a much better season and stays healthy. Unless he completely blows up next year there isn’t going to be anybody else lining up to make him an offer. If you go through the list of every team in the league, who do you see that would even want him? And if you are one of those teams would you want to spend a bunch of money on Baker or take your chances drafting someone?

Edited by Finn5033

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

He is a backup!! Look at the numbers. Teddy Bridgewater puts up better numbers. What exactly is it that you see in Mayfield? How many more years of him do you need to see? 

47 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

What would you be ok with them signing him at? Baker basically has no leverage at all in contract negotiations right now. He either needs to accept what they offer him or play out his 5th year option next year and hope he has a much better season and stays healthy. Unless he completely blows up next year there isn’t going to be anybody else lining up to make him an offer. If you go through the list of every team in the league, who do you see that would even want him? And if you are one of those teams would you want to spend a bunch of money on Baker or take your chances drafting someone?

Haven't really given it any thought, I forgot he has the 5th year option and guess that has already been exercised and he'll just play that out next season. I am not suggesting he be given a big extension now. 

As a fan of a team that has struggled to find a franchise QB, I'm tired of starting over.  And before somebody chimes in to tell me he sucks and isn't a franchise QB I think there are more than 5-10 or even 15 franchise QBs in the NFL, or else the majority of teams don't have one. 

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

As a fan of a team that has struggled to find a franchise QB, I'm tired of starting over.  And before somebody chimes in to tell me he sucks and isn't a franchise QB I think there are more than 5-10 or even 15 franchise QBs in the NFL, or else the majority of teams don't have one. 

Seriously, what have you seen that makes you think he's a franchise QB? He has only 10 TD passes and 6 INTs. That's embarrassing!!! He's not an NFL starter, wake up.