Sign in to follow this  
League_Champion

AJ Brown

7 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

What are we doing with this guy? He's been all but invisible so far. 

He's a tough one. Has some monster games, then some drops, then gets injured a lot but plays like a linebacker. Teams are going to be doubling him all the time with no Derrick Henry and no Julio Jones. There just aren't a lot of weapons for the Titans but they have a solid D and do enough to win every week. 

2 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Generally though, assuming he doesn't get injured, he should be fine based on the extreme volume. I am not sitting him for AB or Marquise yet. 

I'm fortunate to have Devonta Smith behind him but he's a hard sit. He can rattle off 20+ points at anytime. It's tough 

My monster group of AJ Brown, Cordarrelle Patterson and TJ Hockenson were electric yesterday. So fast, I barely noticed them playing.

As for Brown, better days are ahead. This feels like a blip on the radar to me, as he had averaged ten targets per game for the four weeks prior to yesterday. Not time to panic.

10 minutes ago, MTSuper7 said:

My monster group of AJ Brown, Cordarrelle Patterson and TJ Hockenson were electric yesterday. So fast, I barely noticed them playing.

As for Brown, better days are ahead. This feels like a blip on the radar to me, as he had averaged ten targets per game for the four weeks prior to yesterday. Not time to panic.

I had those three in a 10-team redraft, facing a solid opponent.  Luckily I also have Jonathan Taylor, Jalen Hurts, and made a solid 1-week add of Michael Badgley who got me 13 points.  I squeaked out a 2-point win.

Definitely frustrating.  Not sure I drafted anybody more than I drafted him, yet I've managed to stay in the mix in most of my leagues.  Despite Brown, not because of him.  My gut says that there will be more good games ahead than bad (he's just too good for that not to be the case).  On the other hand, I've been telling myself that all year, ever since the slow start, so maybe I'm just fooling myself.  

All of that said, even if I thought the remainder of the season was going to be more of the same, I'm not sure I'd do anything different.  He's had two great games, two solid games, and five less-than-good to dud games.  That still puts in in the WR3 mix, in a typical 12-team league.  Not what I drafted him as (a WR1), but way too good to cut bait, and probably too good even to bench.  And, really, the alternatives aren't any better.  Tyler Lockett and Courtland Sutton are basically just as frustrating, but with less upside than Brown.  So, I guess we just keep starting him, and hope for the best.  Unless, of course, you think he is what he is, and you can trade him for WR1 (or even WR2) value.  

My biggest worry with Brown outside of injury, is the fact teams will be doubling him like crazy because the Titans are so strapped everywhere. It's not unreasonable to think he could have a few more games like last week. In that case, will have to figure out what to do. 

• Like 1