[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jaylen Hurts Question

gijoerock

On 11/21/2021 at 11:34 AM, gijoerock said:

Fantasy football I don't but reality is very obvious.

Wow that took a lot of posts to make you see what should have been obvious, equal scoring by 2 players (one still pretty much a rookie, the other an established stud at his position) doesn't mean equal fantasy value. 

How many years of success has Hurts had, compared to Allen? That to me is a huge difference. People accepted before the beginning of this season that Josh Allen is a stud. Even if Hurts puts up similar stats he isn't on the same level. Certainly not in any keeper/dynasty leagues. @LordOpie made a great point, who has the confidence that each guy continues this rate of scoring. That is something you need to remember when trying to trade the guy who people have less confidence in. If you believe Hurts is so great, then trade Allen who should get you a better return, and ride Hurts into the FF promised land. Oh wait you don't want to trade Allen, so you admit he isn't going to do as well as Allen going forward. 

Your problem is while you accept that there's a difference between fantasy and real football, you're just looking at their stats and saying "well they're of near equal value, how come I cannot trade Hurts?" 

But then I have a feeling you are very biased towards Hurts when you say stuff like "Hurts is fantasy gold and would have 5 more TDs if the refs would be fair". 

Edited by stevegrab
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, gijoerock said:

Lord Opie provided a different line of questions I did not consider. No need to pile on. I thought this was a forum for feedback not beatdowns.

I made my post before reading the entire thread. 

That was not a beat down, it was me expressing myself, my feedback. 

• Haha 1