[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anybody Watching the KC Game?

rajncajn

Backstory first... I'm sure some of you have heard this story before,  so I apologize for repeating. One late evening while @SteelBunz and I were cleaning up after working on the house during one of the MSHB trips (Katrina) I got a call from my stepmother. I knew right away something had to be wrong for her to be calling so late and my fears were confirmed when she told me that my sister's best friend and really more like a member of the family,  was killed during a firefight in Iraq. The whole family was devastated. Roger was an incredible young man,  very dedicated and true to his family,  friends and country. But worst of all he left behind a young wife,  son and newborn daughter.

Today, during the Chiefs’ Salute to Services halftime show, Roger's son will be presented with a national scholarship. Alaric was eligible to apply for the scholarship since his father was KIA but it was Alaric and mom who did the hard work applying, interviewing, and ultimately being the nationwide senior they chose.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Backstory first... I'm sure some of you have heard this story before,  so I apologize for repeating. One late evening while @SteelBunz and I were cleaning up after working on the house during one of the MSHB trips (Katrina) I got a call from my stepmother. I knew right away something had to be wrong for her to be calling so late and my fears were confirmed when she told me that my sister's best friend and really more like a member of the family,  was killed during a firefight in Iraq. The whole family was devastated. Roger was an incredible young man,  very dedicated and true to his family,  friends and country. But worst of all he left behind a young wife,  son and newborn daughter.

Today, during the Chiefs’ Salute to Services halftime show, Roger's son will be presented with a national scholarship. Alaric was eligible to apply for the scholarship since his father was KIA but it was Alaric and mom who did the hard work applying, interviewing, and ultimately being the nationwide senior they chose.

Will it be broadcast during the halftime?  

Congratulations to Alaric.  His dad would be proud I'll bet.